Up-to-date trusted/recommended list

jessenator

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Hey, all.

Just joined up and wondered about the wonderfully comprehensive list compiled and organized so nicely on the forum: https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=130044

How recent are the recommendations? For Utah specifically, I noticed the Map version is a bit out of date, and wondered if there's any new info to add. The GoogleDoc version did appear to be more current.

I stopped by to get a CEL code checked at Autobahn Service Center in Orem. They were super friendly and willing to help even though they were FULL up—I was triple parked in their lot. That's made me a little concerned, as even though there were a lot of cars, there didn't seem to be many VWG autos in the lot. I know the congestion might be more to people not wanting/able to pay, so they get stuck with volume, and the street they're on isn't accommodating for curb parking.

Are they still up-to-snuff on their TDI wrenching? They're nice and close to me, so I wondered if anyone on here had been to them recently. They're google reviews seem decent at 4.8.

Hoping I can do my 120k service there when the time comes.

Anyhow, thanks for the input.

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
I'm in Heber. The 120k service is straight forward and I have the tools and VCDS. I'm willing to help but not willing to just do it for you. I have done it on my 2010 Golf TDI but no longer have it.

jessenator

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
I'm in Heber. The 120k service is straight forward and I have the tools and VCDS. I'm willing to help but not willing to just do it for you. I have done it on my 2010 Golf TDI but no longer have it.
That's a generous offer even just to help/advise let alone lend me tools. My in-laws are in Heber, so I might take you up on that. I'll PM you.