Nice Car's response to peterdaniels accusations

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
The ad is gone and the pages referenced in the restoration process one & two are also not there anymore.

Wonder why there was a recorded insurance loss and then a year later a corrected title was issued?

this is getting very strange

Forrest Fritz

TDI
B4
An email sent to me by someone named "Forrest", also (apparently) named Forenzo, about a friend's car he asked me to help him sell:
Dear ninedee_golf_tdi,

You have received a new private message at Vortex Media Group from Forenzo, entitled "hello".

This is the message that was sent:
I'm interested in talking to you about the b4v.

Thanks,
Forrest

360-739-6411

From this thread...

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=208297&page=3

I called them and they said the wagon's price is 17k. By the time I got to their car lot, it was already sold :eek:. I was suprised once I was there to see that they had three more 96 VW B4V Passat Tdi wagons. These guys are really into their diesels and appear to really know what they are doing. I looked at some of the other wagons and they were all gone through with lists of replaced parts and they said they drive all the cars to assure reliability before selling them. I'm actually currently working a deal on one of their wagons and am very excited they offer full service for my future mantinance. Ionly has 130k on it now but I still asked to verify the milage. They provied me sequancially dated, past service records. Carfax agreed so I pretty much figure these guys are straight up, especially since they've been in business since back in the eighties.

Anyways, I asked them about the dasher deal becuase I just assume the worst when working with used car dealers. The manager showed me the sales folder for that car. The dasher was actually consigned on their carlot by some guy that lives in Bellingham WA. The guy 'Matt' that bought it from Nice Cars owned a company "Green Truck Biofuels". They experiment in alternative fuels. His plan for the dasher was to run grease in it. The manager told me that he held the money for a whole week and told Matt to call him if there was any problem. I read the ad that Matt posted and he says its in California so it must of ran fine, I don't know. I guess we all know what happens when using grease causes problems.

Just thought that I would share my experience. I'll report back if I have any complaints. So far, I'm really impressed though. I've never seen so many pre-2000 dated Volkswagen diesels for sale at one place. This isn't like any of the car lots that I've been to in the past. I was also very impressed with their mechanics and have heard very good things about their quality of work as well as honest ethics.

~Cheers

Recognize this phone number? The name? The address?

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/ctd/4734824057.html

Maybe he's schizophrenic and hallucinated himself, showing himself a car, and being impressed by himself, and his honest ethics. What a joke.

Very top of the page here...
http://www.whatcomcounty.us/sheriff...4;jsessionid=36BF4140B536F2A2157F0320345221F7

Last edited:

BarnacleWJG

TDI
1996 VW Passat B4 TDI
Who is who

So is bob aka maxwell dreaver, Forrest Barlow and Forrest fritz?
And is he feeding this thread for kicks or just to see what you are going to do?

I just pulled my slave cylinder and the plastic tip is covered in black soot that smells like smoked brakes or clutch. I will bleed all my wheels and then the clutch before I say the clutch is fried, but it smells bad inside.

I shouldn't have to change TB just to be safe, for the price I paid. But better safe than sorry. Is car fax the best way to verify a vehicles past life history?

Forrest Fritz

TDI
B4
So is bob aka maxwell dreaver, Forrest Barlow and Forrest fritz?
Bob is the original owner of Nice Cars and Forrest has been his manager for about 10 years. Bob has "Sold" the business to Forrest a few times, usually when they are about to get sued. Bobs real name is Robert Croker.

Forrest's real name is Forrest Barlow, he also goes by Forrest Fritz, the screen name Forenzo, as well as Maxwell Dreaver apparrently.

I am of no relation to either of these clowns, other than having a good friend who worked there for some time. I just used Forrest's alias as a screen name just to be an ass:)

I'm going to try and have a friend make a trip out there as a customer so he can write down the visible vins on some of the TDI's they have there.

Maybe someone can carfax your vin since it sounds like you neglected to do this before you bought your car. It will be interesting to see if there are any discrepancies between the mileage you were told and what was reported.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Bob is the original owner of Nice Cars and Forrest has been his manager for about 10 years. Bob has "Sold" the business to Forrest a few times, usually when they are about to get sued. Bobs real name is Robert Croker.

Forrest's real name is Forrest Barlow, he also goes by Forrest Fritz, the screen name Forenzo, as well as Maxwell Dreaver apparrently.

I am of no relation to either of these clowns, other than having a good friend who worked there for some time. I just used Forrest's alias as a screen name just to be an ass:)

I'm going to try and have a friend make a trip out there as a customer so he can write down the visible vins on some of the TDI's they have there.

Maybe someone can carfax your vin since it sounds like you neglected to do this before you bought your car. It will be interesting to see if there are any discrepancies between the mileage you were told and what was reported.

So if you chose this name just to be an ass, who are you really? Just some guy or another member?

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I'll be sure to post an update.
Well, I promised an update.

They did nothing. I'm not sure of how with the hundred+ or so pages I sent them outlining everything.

Here is their response:
The September 2014 craigslist advertisement noted in your complaint was placed by the owner of the subject vehicle, a private party and neither Nice Cars or Fritz German. The subsequent sale was between two private parties. The department has no authority in private party transactions. Thank you for your interest.

Jeff Larson, Investigator

So that's it. Despite the link between the two entities listed the State of Washington is obviously too oblivious to care.

I am flabbergasted and disappointed. I guess Nice Cars gets to keep defrauding people.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3

They did nothing. I'm not sure of how with the hundred+ or so pages I sent them outlining everything.

Here is their response:
The September 2014 craigslist advertisement noted in your complaint was placed by the owner of the subject vehicle, a private party and neither Nice Cars or Fritz German. The subsequent sale was between two private parties. The department has no authority in private party transactions. Thank you for your interest.

So that's it. Despite the link between the two entities listed the State of Washington is obviously too oblivious to care.

I am flabbergasted and disappointed. I guess Nice Cars gets to keep defrauding people.
When I see results like this I have to ask myself who hired these people and how much in tax payer dollars are WA residents paying them? Also, what is it that these people actually do during the day for what they're being paid?

IADOT claims they don't ever enough money to do the things that need to be done, which may be the case, but the first question I have to ask is what are the tax dollars that they already get being spent on? IMO any request for additional funding needs to be answered with an audit.

Sorry for the off topic rant..

Steve

Forrest Fritz

TDI
B4

Here is their response:

That car was in Forrest's girlfriends name....sneaky bastards. Hey, why not have 2 shady Nice Cars threads on the first page! Hi Bob and Forrest! Hows life as a couple of shady used car salesman going? Sure looked busy at your chopsho....errr dealership last time I went to breakfast at Hilltop.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I pointed that out since the address for the phone number comes back to the same address as NiceCars. It didn't matter.

I also got a "How did we do" e-mail from them, which I expressed my disappointment, but have not heard back from that either.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Maybe ask Mr. Larson what sort of authority he does have and figure out a way to work within the bounds of said authority.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
I pointed that out since the address for the phone number comes back to the same address as NiceCars. It didn't matter.

I also got a "How did we do" e-mail from them, which I expressed my disappointment, but have not heard back from that either.
I've found that when comments come back with sub-par performance ratings that govt bureaucracies rarely follow-up on those. What was reported is not what they wanted to hear so you don't matter anymore.

It's a form of selective listening.

Steve