TDI Recall and Stop Sale notice.

SandDiesel

TDI
Don't know how to attach a PDF but here is a cut paste version. We bought a 2012 Saturday. Dealers are waiting on parts.

EDIT: See image posted below.

Last edited:

SandDiesel

TDI
It's legit, I have it in front of me. How do you post a PDF? When it converted from pdf to text it garbled some of the words. You could call service tomorrow to get a copy or ask if they have any 2012's for sale? Either way, once they identify the affected VIN's the owners will get a notice.

SandDiesel

TDI
This affects some 2009-2012 TDI's. Can a Mod post this over to the Golf, Wagons, and MKV areas?

Niner

duplicate account, banned
This affects some 2009-2012 TDI's. Can a Mod post this over to the Golf, Wagons, and MKV areas?
SandDiesel,

please add your 2009 HPFP failure to the list of A5's if you haven't already, and also to the official list of failures,
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=299854

as well as notify NHSTA of your failed HPFP, if you have not already done so. You may also want to contact Dweisel, he'll direct you to the thread to add the details of your HPFP to his data base.

After losing one, what makes you go out and buy a 2012, with the same pump?

Last edited:

Last Mango

TDI
2012 TDI DSG Sportwagen - Navigation, Panoramic sunroof
Well that's not comforting. I have a 2012 JSW paid for, and being shipped to me. It should arrive in a week and a half.

whiplash willy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 4-Door Golf TDI 6MT w/NAV & Sunroof
Thanks for posting this information! I wounder if it would be best to try to get this recall addressed on our cars before the notice is sent out, and the parts become less available.

That document mentions vehicles produced during specific time ranges are more likely to have this problem....how do you find out when your car was produced?

It is probley good practice for us to start regularly checking for leaks around the injectors until we find out if our cars are effected.

SandDiesel

TDI
Niner, I posted the failure and dweisel knows. Also got a response back from NHTSA with further questions. Dealer service said there was a new part number so in my angst to get away from my 2009 I took a semi blind leap of faith on the 2012. Not sure how I feel about it now but have warranty coverage for now. I also have a great service department. That said I will be more than furious at VW and myself if I have a failure!

SandDiesel

TDI
On a side note, you see I drive a diesel Ram. One of the first things to go and as early as 30k miles, is the lift pump that feeds the CP3. I replaced mine with an in line Walbro pump. On the older trucks a loss in feed pressure from the lift pump would cause a failure in the high pressure pump since it is self lubricating. Has anyone looked at the low pressure pump in the VW as a contributing factor?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
That document mentions vehicles produced during specific time ranges are more likely to have this problem....how do you find out when your car was produced?
There should be a sticker on the driver's side B-pillar (behind the driver's door) with the month and year of manufacture. On my car it is at the very bottom of the pillar and therefore hard to read, unless you are sitting on the ground.

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. My car is one of those effected (build date Jan '09).

CryoTech

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 tdi sportwagen
you guys realize how hard it is to get leaking diesel to ignigte, right?

The sky isnt falling. Your car isnt going to ignite into a fireball as you drive down the road. But this needs to be fixed asap.

yellajacket20

TDI
Jetta
you guys realize how hard it is to get leaking diesel to ignigte, right?

The sky isnt falling. Your car isnt going to ignite into a fireball as you drive down the road. But this needs to be fixed asap.
Diesel on a exhaust manifold or turbo will do the trick.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So this still doesn't affect the hpfp failures correct? This is only to address the fuel injectors leaking?

Mostly correct. It has nothing to do with HPFP failures. However, it is not about injectors leaking, it is about the fuel lines to the injectors leaking. Sometime these lines can burst and this can cause a BIG leak. In other words, fuel at 26,000 psi squirting all over the place. This is what VW wants to prevent.

Have Fun!

Don

placebo614

TDI
2013 VW Golf Wolfsburg Edition
I think my car was one of the affected - i picked it up on sept 20th, brand spanking new 2012 Jetta TDI Sedan. In less than 24 hours, it was leaking diesel everywhere. Drove it back to the dealership, they fixed the fuel line that was ''not securely fastened, and became loose from driving'' and then i was back on the road.. no issues since then.. it was a repair that took a couple of hours..

McCarron

TDI
2012 Golf TDI w/ Tech Package
Does anyone have a copy of the image from VW about the issue? I don't see it in the thread.

I'm sure this will impact the delivery of my 2012 Golf TDI, which was supposed to arrive by Halloween but I haven't gotten an update on in a while due to changes at my dealership where I bought it.

herbert68

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2010 Jetta TDI Sedan. Both bought back by VW on 12/06/2016
I don't see a link to the OPs referenced PDF document "TDI Recall and Stop Sale notice", has it been removed as some posts here seem to have been edited?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Does anyone have a copy of the image from VW about the issue? I don't see it in the thread.

It was in this thread (I printed it out), but it is no longer here. For some reason it was removed. For now, only SandDiesel knows why.

Have Fun!

Don

CedarPark68

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Wagen
I don't see a link to the OPs referenced PDF document "TDI Recall and Stop Sale notice", has it been removed as some posts here seem to have been edited?
'This' has happened way more than I would expect. But it is hard to know if it is the board or members going back using 'Edit'.

whiplash willy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 4-Door Golf TDI 6MT w/NAV & Sunroof
JSWTDI09 - Thanks, I found the my build date, it is 6/11. That sucks your build date is in the range...

In the pic below, is the red arrow pointing to the possible leaky fuel line for Injector #2?

TDI_Timmy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW, DSG, Pano
Mine was manufactured 12/2010 so guessing mine will also be an affected vehicle. Interesting that when you click the "read article" button from Auto Spies it brings you right back to this thread.

whiplash-willy- great pic - and I think you are right.