Omaha, NE chat thread

Daniel-O

TDI
TDI not available in Japan... but my 1996 Toyota Town Ace van has a 2.2L turbo diesel
gahh... lost what I was writing for the 3rd time... short version this time... GTG Vag com... http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=264494 i wanna do this lift... willing to host but not much space at my place.... maybe base hobby shop but need help signing people on... ideas for a better place??

Dan

pm me with questions or post here...

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
I have a RossTech as well and I'm most often free Tue, Thur evenings and then Sundays. I'll head to the GTG thread and see what's going on over there.

Oh yeah, want to say WELCOME to the club MPIRE9 and _7_ TDI ™!

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
I'd be interested in a GTG on a Sunday, but have no ability to host anything. I need to replace the upper flex tube on my EGR, and just got the part in the mail yesterday. I think I'll need to grind off part of the support bracket for my OMI, but we'll see how things work out.

Sorry I've been gone from the forums for so long, I'll try to keep more current.

Daniel-O

TDI
TDI not available in Japan... but my 1996 Toyota Town Ace van has a 2.2L turbo diesel
I'd be down for that, but this weekend looks like I may have to work... I'll see come Friday. I'll try to post up as soon as I know something. Hobby shop hours are Noon to 5 on sunday and 10am to 6 pm on saturday.

Dan

Daniel-O

TDI
damn it... working sunday now too... I got home 1830 and the call @ 1835 ... be in @ 0700... f the fin fers... I think Morale just went and suck started his 9mm.

dan...

maybe next weekend.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
MrErlo said:
Wanted to give everyone a heads up,

Goodbye PEG
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=2904175&postcount=40

I'm sure you'll see her in town, but from now on it won't be me.

On a related note, we should set up a caravan for anyone else who wants to get some work done that weekend. Or even better, carpool just to go to the party.
Oh man, as if you and Scott don't get confused as one another enough already! :D

daesania

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta Sportwagen
Hello! Just wanted to stop by and say hello - I'm Sandra, just bought a 2010 JSW TDI about a week ago :) If you see a blue one in mid town omaha, its probably me! :)

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
JETTA TDI 2009, JSW 2013 DSG PANO
Congrats and welcome !!!

We are planning a GTG (monst probably first week of May) I hope we can get a lot of people for this GTG.

Again Congrats, if you need help with something let us know.

:D

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
daesania said:
Hello! Just wanted to stop by and say hello - I'm Sandra, just bought a 2010 JSW TDI about a week ago :) If you see a blue one in mid town omaha, its probably me! :)
Welcome to the club! Chance are that someone will spot you for sure. MrErlo and I (for sure) have a good chance as we both live in the mid-town/Dundee-Cathedral neighborhoods.

Oh yeah, go setup an account on www.Fuelly.com (see my signature) :)

Take care and we'll see you around.

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
daesania said:
...2010 JSW TDI ...
JSW!!!?1 Awesome.

We generally identify people on the road by their license plate, would you mind giving us the first three digits/letters? I think you're the only blue JSW TDI around, so it probably won't actually be a problem.

Welcome, I look forward to seeing you driving around mid town (I live at 48th & Dodge) and hopefully meeting both you and your car eventually. Maybe even at the upcoming Omaha Spring 2010 GTG.

daesania

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta Sportwagen
I live in the 84th and dodge area. I dont have plates yet but I am hoping to transfer over my plates to the new car. My first 3 are OTK :)

I will try to see if I can come to the meet, but alas I dont know what my time will be like then - we're moving in June to florida :( Darn airforce! I've been here my whole life, so I"m really uneasy about moving out of state. I know Omaha like the back of my hand, so moving to a new place really scares me.

daesania

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta Sportwagen
Oh, and added the signature although I havent filled up yet and had the car a week. I think i'm at 2/3rds of a tank or so still at 106 miles. I have a short drive to work - 84th and dodge to 72nd and Pine, so I dont think my MPGs will add up as much as you long distance travelers :)

vwcampin

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS TDI Auto
Looks like I need to hook up with someone who has VagCom/VCDS. All of a sudden on the way home last night, my O1M auto tranny has decided it will not shift into D/4th. I would like to scan for codes to see if anything is being stored. :(

MrScottdi

TDI
2003 Golf
I was looking to do some measurements on intake restriction, using our VagCom and the MAF readings.

What I found out was; I need a new MAF.

I thought I check and see if anybody in Omaha knows anything, like, has a new one sitting around they're looking to sell.

Otherwise it looks like Autohausaz is cheaper than IDParts or Bora right now:
http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pr...22@Fuel & Air System&gid=5068@Air Mass Sensor

Oh, and Stan Olsen wanted the full $210. Eff them, stealership.

Last edited:

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
JETTA TDI 2009, JSW 2013 DSG PANO
MrScottdi is having a small GTG, either we can wait for Merlo and have one later or crash MrScoottdi gtg.

MrScottdi

TDI
2003 Golf
GTG March 20th

By the way, I guess not everyone caught on yet, but MrErlo is MrScotTDI's twin brother.

And the car we're working on, a 2003 Golf, is the one he's buying from me when I move to Berlin next month. He sold his Jetta.

All are welcome, it's just a small thing. Turbo, Intake, messing around with the VagCom and I'll show you some of the readings I've been working on.

MrScottdi

TDI
2003 Golf
Oh, also:

Does anybody have a torque wrench we can borrow? The loaner from O'Reilly is 24" shaft (Huge). Otherwise, I'll just have to throw some money away on a cheap one.

Please let me know, and thanks.

vwcampin

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS TDI Auto
Jettawolfs98 said:
vwcampin

we can do it today after 5 pm if u can.

Check my PM.
Big thanks to Julio for meeting up with me last night!!:D

Address 02: Auto Trans Labels: 01M-927-733.lbl
Part No: 01M 927 733 KT
Component: AG4 Getriebe 01M 4891
Coding: 00000
Shop #: WSC 00000
2 Faults Found:
00281 - Vehicle Speed Sensor (G68)
03-00 - No Signal
00652 - Gear Monitoring
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

Looks like I am getting a code for the G68 speed sensor. Over the weekend I had to put in a new power steering pressure line as my TDIHeater rubbed a small hole in mine over a period of about 3 years:( If I am lucky, I just knocked the connector off when I was re-routing the new line. I will take a look this weekend. At least it gave me an excuse to get the Vanagon Westy out of hibernation:)

MrScottdi

TDI
2003 Golf
Julio,
Thanks for the offer to bring a torque wrench.

Does anybody happen to have a floor jack? It would make the job a lot faster and less annoying than if we have to use my car jack.

Cheers, PM me if you want to come by for the GTG tomorrow; turbo install, intake swap, MAF testing, VagCom readings.

daesania

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta Sportwagen
MrErlo said:
Very appropriate answer, they got what they deserved.

Also, how come your signature doesn't have a number in there yet. 0.0 should have been changed to ~38.0...
No idea! I was figuring maybe it takes a couple fuel ups before it will display a number? I dont think I did anything wrong in entering the numbers.

Edit: I went through and played with the settings, I had it set to odometer readings and it didnt think I bought the car with only a few miles on it apparently ;) I changed it to trip, and added in my mileage and it computed - but it is still not adding to the signature. Weird.