motor mounts

onjeffriv

TDI
99.5 jetta TDI
I recently purchased a 2000 jetta tdi that was butchered by a dealer during a TB replacement before I got the car. They broke the part of the engine block that the passenger side engine mount mates to. Now every 10k the aluminum in the mount wallows out and cracks. My mechanic tells me it will hit the ground...............again. I am looking for a mount that its bolt holes at least are made of something stronger than aluminum. Anyone know of aftermarket performance/racing motor mounts. The gas jetta mounts will work also.

Sooch

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf
Can you drill and sleeve the aluminum with a steel tube? That would keep it from deforming over time.

DPM

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2019 Rav4 AWD Hybrid, Citroen C4 BlueHDI
If the block is broken and you're missing one of the mounting points, of course you'll continue to break the aluminium mount...

You need to have a repair done on the block to remake the broken mounting point. This has been covered before, and a quick search will bring it up for you.

pepper10

Veteran Member
TDI
:)2002 A4 TDI , 2006 A5:)
Lookup Wingnut. He's the guy who fixed his broken block by fabricating a bracket. Lookup one of his posts and click on the link in his signature.