Cruise Control Stutter/Pulse/Disengage

Lyniaer

TDI
2002 GLS Wagon 5Spd
02 GLS Wagon 5Apr.
Installed aftermarket radio w/Pac CanBus harness and patched speed sense wire to VSS line on back of gauge cluster (blue/white wire on blue connector).
Entire PCM was flushed/reset by dealer (years of codes stacked up) and all thats remaining is the LF WSS for ABS and that's by design because I hate ABS. I do not own a VCDS...yet.
What is causing the CC to grief? It is pulsing like I'm tapping on the throttle then it just gives up and disengaged. Also, if its worth noting, Torque reads the speedometer roughly 10+Mph higher than the dash gauge. Disparity between PCM and Gauge.
Thoughts?

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Lyniaer;5270810all thats remaining is the LF WSS for ABS and that's by design because I hate ABS.[/QUOTE said:
Sounds like you disabled ABS. You might re-enable it and see if that doesn't fix your CC issue.

In all this activity is the wheel speed sensors (rely on the speed sensor rings on the hubs and the speed sensors). ABS relies on this. I'd think that CC does as well.

Lyniaer

TDI
2002 GLS Wagon 5Spd
It doesn't. That sensor has been disabled for over a year. Torque says about 13+ Mph over what the gauge says and Torque pulls from the PCM while the gauge pulls from the VSS in the transmission.
The way I understand it: When the CC is turned on it tries to reconcile between the PCM and the VSS and when they're that far off that's what's causing the kerfuffle. This was all working fine until I put the radio in and all that's changed is the PAC adapter is now part of the K-Line and then there's the wire I tapped into the VSS.
Its not in the VSS otherwise the speedometer would be wrong. Its in the PCM. Can I reset the PCM in this by leaving the battery disconnected over night?

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Aftermarket radio issues are legion. Lots out there on dealing with.

Lyniaer

TDI
2002 GLS Wagon 5Spd
None cover wonky cruise control. I can find "cruise control doesn't work at all" but nothing about the PCM having the wrong speed. Unless the VSS unit just happened to go bad as a coincidence.
I've had my Jetta for 3 years. As you can see, I rarely post here. If I'm posting here, I've researched it to death already and New Topic is my last resort.

Lyniaer

TDI
2002 GLS Wagon 5Spd
Confirmed. DO NOT use the speed sense wire from a PAC harness to the VSS. it will cripple your cruise control. :(