Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Coming back home on I-26 and then I85 in South Carolina Saturday night, I noticed diesel signs showing a 40 cent per gallon difference in about 15 miles. Lowest was $1.99. Too bad I didn't need enough to stop. Plus it was late and my butt was already dragging from 10+ hours in the car with another 2 to go.

VWkar

TDI
2009 Jetta
Here in northern Illinois I saw $2.44 I'm still confused why the prices are so high anybody have any thoughts or clues on this?

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
Here in northern Illinois I saw $2.44 I'm still confused why the prices are so high anybody have any thoughts or clues on this?
The bio-fuel bland mandate of 20% in Illinois tends to keep prices higher when crude prices are very low....
But taxes tend to play bigger role...
In NH, 2.45 prevailing price at the moment.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Tulsa

QT - $2.23

Less $04.46 with Citi card

Last quarter we were getting fuel for 5% discount with Discover card -- approx $.11 per gallon

cheezy

Veteran Member
TDI
99 NB, 96 B4V
Market manipulations.

IIRC, Jan-March crude went DOWN almost 20% in the commodities markets, yet we saw no such corresponding drop. ($55 down to 45)

S. WI the Cenex RoadMaster XL is around 2.45 right now at one of their Co-Ops on west side of Madison. The Cenex in Evansville has been running parallel pricing with the XL.

Watch the commodities markets and it will only produce more ?s; gold, silver, platinum, brent crude, Mex crude, etc., in relation to the overall stock markets.

There was a Bio Co-Op in Madison, but haven't followed their location or tracking. You used to have to go up into a warehouse with your cans, and IIRC you also paid about 15% more + a membership fee + donate work hours. Hopefully they revised those shenanigans somewhat.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Diesel here in California will be going up 20¢ per gallon plus an additional 3% sales tax on November 1st thanks to Our Glorious Leader Brown signing the increase passed by our Supreme People's Legislature at his direction. The Supreme People's Legislature has already proposed diverting $15 million away from road infrastructure and using it to repair restrooms in state parks, acquire property for wildlife, and access for communities without parks ($5 million each). The proposal didn't make it into the bill this time, but will probably be tried again in the next session.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Paid $2.14 in Lake Wylie, SC on Friday. Noticed prices through central NC varied from about $2.30 to $2.55 over the weekend.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Diesel here in California will be going up 20¢ per gallon plus an additional 3% sales tax on November 1st thanks to Our Glorious Leader Brown signing the increase passed by our Supreme People's Legislature at his direction. The Supreme People's Legislature has already proposed diverting $15 million away from road infrastructure and using it to repair restrooms in state parks, acquire property for wildlife, and access for communities without parks ($5 million each). The proposal didn't make it into the bill this time, but will probably be tried again in the next session.
Isn't this dogsXXX amigo?

I love my JSW, my high school, college and co-workers here BUT............

Do you ever find yourself at the award-winning brewery on E. 20th in Chico.

I feel your pain hombre.

best, ez

cheezy

Veteran Member
TDI
99 NB, 96 B4V
Isn't this dogsXXX amigo?

I love my JSW, my high school, college and co-workers here BUT............

Do you ever find yourself at the award-winning brewery on E. 20th in Chico.

I feel your pain hombre.

best, ez
Not to mention the gun legislation is UnConstitutional. Couldn't do it.

WI has some of the best craft brew in the World, again.

The ALEC-GOP here are about to raise registration rates on hybrids to $125 a year. Wish VW would build the diesel hybrid @ 80+ mpg....

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Not to mention the gun legislation is UnConstitutional. Couldn't do it.

WI has some of the best craft brew in the World, again.

The ALEC-GOP here are about to raise registration rates on hybrids to $125 a year. Wish VW would build the diesel hybrid @ 80+ mpg....
BTW, the same legislation that hiked the diesel and gas fees here in California also imposes an initial one-time $100 fee on electric cars, then annual fees from $25 to $175 based on value. This is in addition to the normal registration fees and taxes. However, even with these fees the electric car owner won't be paying a fair share as it will only be equal to 15 - 20 gallons of fuel taxes.

Last edited:

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Gol TDI, blue and falling apart
Diesel prices have been acting odd over the last three or four week here on the Alabama gulf coast. There's been some oscillation in prices, with some stations going up and some going down, with no real rhyme or reason. Right now the spread is anywhere from $2.179 to $2.359, so the low end is coming down but the higher prices are hanging in there.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Diesel prices have been acting odd over the last three or four week here on the Alabama gulf coast. There's been some oscillation in prices, with some stations going up and some going down, with no real rhyme or reason. Right now the spread is anywhere from $2.179 to $2.359, so the low end is coming down but the higher prices are hanging in there.
The prices for regular gasoline and diesel often reach parity right about this time of year -- not in every state but in quite a few. Unfortunately the states of California, Oregon and Washington are the only ones with diesel cheaper than gasoline, and that's because of incredibly high prices for gasoline.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
The prices for regular gasoline and diesel often reach parity right about this time of year -- not in every state but in quite a few. Unfortunately the states of California, Oregon and Washington are the only ones with diesel cheaper than gasoline, and that's because of incredibly high prices for gasoline.
The low end prices are only about 10 cents higher than regular unleaded here, but with prices going every which-a-way, no telling where it'll wind up. Tourist season will kick off in full soon, and the prices will go back up because they want that $$$ from the visitors.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Prices around here haven't changed much in the last few months. $2.14 for diesel and $1.95 for regular. I like having the increased option of any station, any time with my truck but really hate the 300 mile range per tank.

cheezy

Veteran Member
TDI
99 NB, 96 B4V
BTW, the same legislation that hiked the diesel and gas fees here in California also imposes an initial one-time $100 fee on electric cars, then annual fees from $25 to $175 based on value. This is in addition to the normal registration fees and taxes. However, even with these fees the electric car owner won't be paying a fair share as it will only be equal to 15 - 20 gallons of fuel taxes.
Right. A "fair share" per what ideas or ratings? This new Legislation is touted by it's author in the same way as fair share, for 40+MPG vehicles, which is just a stepping stone to hitting motorcycles and scooters as hard. Ween the State from the tax teet of future revenue dependence, on Petrol sales? Not likely. Author also mentioned it as a step towards mileage used monitors, for your annual Registration costs based on odometer= annual inspections for all.

They're also playing with additional sales point "fee" of somewhere between 500-1000 per new hybrid/electric car. Walker won't raise taxes, but he WILL kill you with FEES, as if it's a different kind of green out-of-wallet? Still equals taxing the crap out of the producers who go to work.

With U.S. Petrol reserves at an all-time high they have to come up with new ways other than the pump $$ to create tax revenue.

I'm liking the Roadmaster XL over the BP, still at about $2.45 here in WI.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Noticed that fuel prices on my side of the state line are about par for now. in NC, rug is $2.24 and D2 is $2.29. For comparison, I paid $1.89 for rug yesterday in SC and D2 was $2.14.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
WTI crude is up $5 since May 5th; RBOB gasoline and ULSD futures are each up about 15 cents/gallon.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Holding steady in the Souther BC interior between $1.139 - $1.159/L.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
The Hangout music festival is over, and prices here dropped for about one day before they shot back up. Getting close to Memorial Day, so "tourist prices" are starting to show up again.

Along the Alabama coast, prices aren't too crazy though:

RUG $2.079-2.259
D2: $2.179-2.359

Prices are naturally higher the closer to the beach.