Took the 09 on a trip...wanted to share...

BTL

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 PGM Jetta TDI Premium DSG
Took the 09 on a 1000 mile round trip to Missouri. Some things to put out there...

-Air was run every second the car was running - SWELTERING
-Car had 950 miles at the start of the trip
-Lots of hilly terrain
-A lot of short trips from our condo into town, etc.

On the trip down, running the air, average speed 71 mph, 44.3 MPG. VERY happy, and this was hand calculated.

On the way back..a little slower, average 67....48.5 MPG! Again, hand calculated. I am thrilled. Not as good as the old PD, but fantastic regardless. Only having 1900 miles on it, I think this may improve a bit more. I could certainly tell that the car was looser as the trip went on.

Effortless power, quiet, and so efficient.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Manual or DSG? Either way that mileage is impressive. Be sure to vary speeds and use the full rev range often in the first 5000 miles.

CMB430

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
I support the above post's statements. Make sure you do not keep the cruise set...at 17,700 miles plus I do not keep my cruise at the same speed for more than 20 miles...I blip it up at least 250 RPMs or put her in 5th for a half mile or pass someone with a purpose. It pays dividends.

That is good mileage...but be aware it may get worse before it gets better. Read around the fuel areas on here.

BTL

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 PGM Jetta TDI Premium DSG
No cruise...been using heavy throttle applications and will be using FULL throttle more now.

DSG...yep, I know MPG will vary. I think the fuel I got at the truck stop in MO was fresh and of high quality. Not always the case here.