www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old December 25th, 2017, 17:30   #76
Waykooljr

Fuel Economy: 42

I have the Malone stage II and Techtonics Tune turbo back exhaust from Sheridan Oregon. Anyone out there do an upgrade after the VW exhaust fix and new DPF? I haven't tore into the project yet. 2009 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual. anyone want to PM me with advice?
Waykooljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2017, 11:37   #77
Owain@malonetuning

Yes a good number of people have done the upgrade, no worries there. Didn't know TT sold a downpipe for these must not be listed but something they'll make sure you're local.

Dealers - malonetuning.com/dealers
We made a free VCDS Log Viewer!

Owain@malonetuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2018, 09:12   #78
iamatt
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 45

Have my second buzz Ken ready to go as soon as I recover from surgery. I think another difference is the rawtek is Tig welded where buzzkens looks to use stainless wire spool mig to weld. Have never had an issue with buzzkens stuff and it's underthecar and what is exposed is finished off real nice with the silver line tips.
2014 Jetta TDI sedan (new) ,2014 TDI Jetta Sport Wagon 6MT (Flooded) Amsoil HDD3000 20K OCI, GSP Mod (RIP Rosie 4/4/2015), 2011 Toyota 4 Runner SR5 (Flooded), 2007 Duramax (Flooded), slightly modded GSPv2 is here, Bellatrix "Bella" Hunting God's County, katygsp.com
Amsoil Dealer -
http://www.texas-synthetics.com
iamatt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2018, 19:54   #79
BurgerLocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waykooljr View Post
I have the Malone stage II and Techtonics Tune turbo back exhaust from Sheridan Oregon. Anyone out there do an upgrade after the VW exhaust fix and new DPF? I haven't tore into the project yet. 2009 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual. anyone want to PM me with advice?
I just installed Rawtek pipes on my 2012 wagon today and it was fairly easy using their instructions, which I've heard work fine for installing other brands. I did it on jack stands in my driveway without a creeper. I had the approved modification done a few weeks ago so everything was freshly installed and none of the sensors were ceased. As well, the "hard to reach" nut attaching the EGR canister to the turbo was not there because the egr canister on the new dpf was smaller and didnt require support.

Unbolted the axle and bungee'd it out of the way and it slid on out. Did have to bend some of the firewall out of the way in the "tunnel", but I was able to do that with my thumb a little bit at a time until everything was free. I did zip off the bottom dpf bracket with a cutting wheel which I think made all the difference. Just be careful and hold the cutter tight because your cv boots are less than an inch away.

In all it took about 5ish hrs.
BurgerLocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 12:06   #80
sapper043

I have roughly 1 year, 8 oil changes, and 40,000kms so far on my Malone Stage 2, with Rawtek exhaust and it has been flawless. Not one single issue so far, both my wife and I share the car and she enjoys the car as well.

It does have a small amount of turbo lag (in sport mode) for wide open throttle but once the turbo spools it is amazing. When this occurs there is a bit of black smoke which doesn't concern me as this is just un-burnt fuel that was starving for air and didn't get burnt. As soon as the turbo does spool it clears up instantly.

I think my next upgrades will focus on turbo and manifold.

I think the best part of these mods if the improvement of mileage and power with complete (so far) reliability. I appreciate this as I would never let my wife drive my truck for fear she may damage it too easily with similar mods and not know when to let off the throttle but these mods are just so seamless that I have 100% confidence that she can't do anything wrong with the car other than get a speeding ticket.

It has been both our most favored vehicle.

I must again thank both Rawtek for there amazing products and Malone for their great support when needed and fast response times.
sapper043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 20:53   #81
PRY4SNO
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Impressive

@sapper043 what oil are you using that you're running 5,000 km oil change intervals?

- 1992 Audi 80q 20v: the 20vt winter sled (long term project)
- 1990 Audi Cq 20v: #becauseracecar
PRY4SNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2018, 00:20   #82
sapper043

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRY4SNO View Post
@sapper043 what oil are you using that you're running 5,000 km oil change intervals?
I use Castrol - Edge 5W-30 LL. It took some time to locate other than the dealer but I have always believed in oil is cheap insurance. I work in an engine shop and see daily what extended oils services causes and the damage is not reversible and it escalates quickly.

I hate the factory skid and water pump location as well as the fact that the filter is only accessible from below. I can service the truck and Jeep in the time it takes to do the Jetta.

I need to find a good aluminum full skid to aid in this and the plastic leaves little for protection of the oil pan.
sapper043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2018, 19:08   #83
PRY4SNO
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper043 View Post
I use Castrol - Edge 5W-30 LL. It took some time to locate other than the dealer but I have always believed in oil is cheap insurance. I work in an engine shop and see daily what extended oils services causes and the damage is not reversible and it escalates quickly.
I hate the factory skid and water pump location as well as the fact that the filter is only accessible from below. I can service the truck and Jeep in the time it takes to do the Jetta.
I need to find a good aluminum full skid to aid in this and the plastic leaves little for protection of the oil pan.
Not looking to start a full on debate (they've been well chronicled already) but vw507 oil has extended intervals due to the inherent metallurgy present in that oil formulation. From my understanding, there are a few stages. 1) scrub off old deposits of wear metals, 2) bed down new layer of wear metals (basically zinc) on friction surfaces, 3) normal oil operation window.

507 oils are a 10k mile interval for a reason. They were decreased to absolute minimum from Europe to deal with the American market mentality. If you short change the interval, you're likely (inadvertently) doing more harm than good to the cam lobes, rod bearings, etc. As in, change during the scrubbing window, when no there's no protective film bedded down, and there's more metal on metal contact than you'd think.

I have been doing used oil analysis for the last few changes and have noticed a demonstrable decrease in "wear metals" with increasing intervals, which speaks to the phase changes mentioned above. I'm over the 10k miles now and still going upwards.

Food for thought.

- 1992 Audi 80q 20v: the 20vt winter sled (long term project)
- 1990 Audi Cq 20v: #becauseracecar
PRY4SNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2018, 06:04   #84
740GLE
Veteran Member

Go tell that to all the gassers tuner bois who swear by dropping ever 3K-5K
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2018, 06:27   #85
jason_
Veteran Member

If it comes out of a new bottle, it can only do good!

Like mystery marvel oil. It's designed to mysteriously replace worn iron and bearing babbitt....

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
jason_ is offline   Reply With Quote