www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5)

Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) Discussions area for Audi Q7 and Q5 TDI (2009+ in Canada & the US).

Old June 5th, 2018, 19:08   #16
Tsch125

TDI(s): 2013 Q7

I am super frustrated about the situation. I test drove a used 2014 Q7 TDI from their lot tonight and it didn't do what mine does. They said there's nothing wrong with mine ("no faults in ECM or TCM") and nothing they can do about it. I think they just don't know what to do but I feel like something's still not right. Likely not their fault, maybe they don't get good support from corporate. That was the sense I got in January when I had the fix completed.
Anyone else have anything to weigh in with? Suggestions?
Tsch125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2018, 13:43   #17
MEgearhead

TDI(s): B5.5, 4L

On our '15 I've noticed some surging at slow speed when alternating between coasting and very light power. Leaving our neighborhood there's a slight grade that's too steep for continual power, but not steep enough to coast or require brakes. I have not noticed it with constant slight power. It's my wife's car so I'll ask her. BTW, do you notice the lag in throttle response if you have to get into it right after letting off?
MEgearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2018, 13:45   #18
MEgearhead

TDI(s): B5.5, 4L

Meant to ask:. Do you have VCDS?
MEgearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2018, 18:13   #19
Pittdawg

I've posted this a few times now but I just installed a Sprintbooster on my Q5 TDI and it really helps speed up and smooth out the throttle response (i.e. much more linear).
Pittdawg is offline   Reply With Quote