CARFAX F**** up report mish mash of my 2 Passats

TDIL3dad

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 96 B4V project
I went to CARFAX today to get report for my daily driver BLACK sedan 1996 Passat TDI. I found that the report that CARFAX has assembled for the BLACK sedan, is a mash up of details, service history etc. of my TWO cars, the BLACK daily driver and the BLUE wagon currently in the shop for repairs to damage form January 2019 accident.

I don't know how TWO different VINs could be mixed up so badly.

So next week I get to spend time with GEICO and CARFAX trying to untangle this mess. Anyone else here had to deal with something similar? Particularly owners of more than one B4.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Probably because the shop used the wrong vin for the service order, thus it got reported wrongly.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Ditto what Mozambiquer said, the shop was careless with VIN application most likely because it was just easier to use what they had and not verify each time that the VIN was accurate.

Not sure how you get something like that undone but you might try a letter to carfax showing the correct break down based on VIN etc. I'm not saying they'll accept it but since you own both of them it's worth a shot if you really want it cleared up.

Steve