What mods are you running?

Phathektor

TDI
2013 Beetle TDI DSG
Hello enthusiastic Beetle TDI tuners :D. I was wondering what mods are you running on your Beetles? How do you like them or dislike them? How is MPG with mods? Trying to get an idea to mod mine as well. I am not looking for a 12-second car :cool:, but at least something faster than stock :rolleyes:.

Let me know,

Hector.

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
When we first got our New Beetle, it was like driving a generator! Now it is fun to drive but we have had it for over 12 years so lots of time to tweak it.

It is great for towing our little trailer around and still gets 30 mpg while doing that. Otherwise it is probably better on fuel now compared to when we got it.

See the list below for most of the things that we have done.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Mine is stock other than upgrading the radio (rns315) and installing fog lights. I am seriously considering tuning it at 120k, but I’m only at 91k now, so plenty of time for research.

Phathektor

TDI
2013 Beetle TDI DSG
PB_NB I like your New Beetle. I really miss mine. I wanted to tow a small trailer with it. The LED Headlights look awesome.

Phathektor

TDI
2013 Beetle TDI DSG
06Blueceetletdi. What fog light wiring harness are you running? How was the install? My friend gave me his foglights off of his Beetle just no wiring harness.

I am also looking into modding the Beetle more. It seems similar to the Golf, I have been looking into golf suspension setups. Still debating on converting my rear beam to IRS. My friend also gave me partial IRS parts. He went AWD on his Beetle.

Phathektor

TDI
2013 Beetle TDI DSG

Cchudalla

TDI
2013 Beetle CJAA 6sd
I have done quite a bit to my '13 Beetle, still planning on more, next up are GTB2260 turbo and CP3 pump. The IRS is also on my list if i can ever find the parts near me. So far I've done Full Deletes, S3 intercooler, CR170 turbo, SB stage 2 clutch, fluid damper, cts rubber engine mounts, Pedders coilovers, poly front suspension bushings, clutch bleeder block, sigma 6 shifter

Phathektor

TDI
2013 Beetle TDI DSG
I have done quite a bit to my '13 Beetle, still planning on more, next up are GTB2260 turbo and CP3 pump. The IRS is also on my list if i can ever find the parts near me. So far I've done Full Deletes, S3 intercooler, CR170 turbo, SB stage 2 clutch, fluid damper, cts rubber engine mounts, Pedders coilovers, poly front suspension bushings, clutch bleeder block, sigma 6 shifter
Sorry for the last response it has been awhile. I am going to do the IRS swap. There is a Passat CC nearby at a junkyard. I was looking into lighter knuckles as well. found this information https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/inde...y-ghost-zricketys-2010-autobahn.294710/page-2
I signed up for an autocross event nearby going to run the car 100% stock and then go from there.

Phathektor

TDI
2013 Beetle TDI DSG
I went to the junkyard to find an IRS of a 2010 MK6 GTI. And I grab the calipers of them.
I will soon be installing them.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Follow up to the fog lights, after 2 years of a slow draw on the battery, found out my “solution” of pulling fuses until the tail lights went our was the cause of the draw. So I put the wire that was supposed to go on fuse 7 in an empty mini fuse slot with the same amp fuse that was supposed to be in slot 7 (5 or 10 amp i think). Problem solved, i still have fog lights but I don’t have a draw anymore. I used the vw harness so I wouldn’t have issues....

Phathektor

TDI
2013 Beetle TDI DSG
Follow up to the fog lights, after 2 years of a slow draw on the battery, found out my “solution” of pulling fuses until the tail lights went our was the cause of the draw. So I put the wire that was supposed to go on fuse 7 in an empty mini fuse slot with the same amp fuse that was supposed to be in slot 7 (5 or 10 amp i think). Problem solved, i still have fog lights but I don’t have a draw anymore. I used the vw harness so I wouldn’t have issues....
Good thing you found the issue. I am going to be looking more into it. I cleaned out the foglights my friend gave me.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Lightflyer, yes, it had a draw on one of the j519 fuses (the one that goes to the tail lights, a daytime running light and low beam), it just took awhile for the issue to be noticeable (about 6 months) and driving habits changing a bit, less driving more sitting. Then chasing down the exact issue, i thought it was the radio at first. After a draw test, then pulling fuses one at a time until the draw stopped, then verifying by leaving the fuse in question out unless I was driving the car, it was a process.