06 Jetta TDI 0p299 engine code

Clapped

TDI
Mk5 Jetta
Hey all,
New here, so forgive me if I'm doing anything wrong. I just bought a 1 owner, immaculate Jetta TDI with maintenance done at the dealership every 10k miles!! I thought this car would be a steal, even though it has 150k miles on it. According to the Carfax, there have never been any known issues with the car.
I've had the car 2 days, and just yesterday I was driving on the interstate with cruise control on, and then it just turned off out of nowhere. Shortly after, the CEL came on. I noticed the car went into limp mode as well (wouldn't go above 65, even with accelerator floored). I checked the code it was throwing, which was 0p299 - turbo under-boost. Aside from being in limp mode, the car seems to run perfectly fine. The only thing I noticed was that when letting off the gas, the turbo would spool up for ~2 seconds and then return to normal.
If anyone has any idea on how to fix the issue/troubleshoot the problem, I'd really appreciate it!

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
That's the code I had when my turbo actuator went out. It would not hold a vacuum due to internal rust. Use a vacuum gauge to see if your turbo actuator holds a vacuum.

Clapped

TDI
Mk5 Jetta
That's the code I had when my turbo actuator went out. It would not hold a vacuum due to internal rust. Use a vacuum gauge to see if your turbo actuator holds a vacuum.
Would it be unsafe/bad for the engine to drive the car back to the dealership?

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
I did not have any trouble other than lack of boost; mine was over boosting since there was no vacuum to regulate the variable veins.