2013 Touareg washer leak

120pilot

TDI
Toureg
I found washer fluid on the passenger floor board and can't easily determine where it might be coming from. Does that panel under the glove box come off easily to allow inspection?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
The line for the rear wiper runs up the a pillar on the passenger side
You have used a summer fluid and it has frozen in the line and broken it. You will need to pull the trim off the pillar and most of it going back as far as its busted you can repair it with some silicone line and some zipties. Same thing happed to my escape.
It's worth buying the body pannel interior trim tool kit for $20. Trust me.
You want to run rainx winter blend soon as fall hits until spring, depending on the area.

120pilot

TDI
Toureg
Thanks for your reply but the car is in Texas and it doesn't freeze here. I will follow your recommendation and will investigate the pillar removal for access. Thanks again.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
all it takes is one night to drop to 30 and its done for. its a very small line and does not take much. I find it really odd that it would just randomly snap. You will know if it froze if its split or shows signs of a vertical split where its broken.
According to this Weather history in your areathe last week around the 3rd was getting close to freezing temps and i don't doubt that the are you are in was just cold enough to snap it.
SOme fluids can gel up and i would suspect that if there was a stress in the line that it might be enough to snap it as well, hard to tell. fairly straightforward fix though.

change to winter blend in the fall and winter, there are more than just temp rating benefits to be had. Summer fluid (rainx brand) does not do well or clean well when its cold. it will also bulk up the stuff that beads up the rain.