Mid Michigan GTG -- June 23rd -- Fowlerville, MI 48836

TDIJettaz

TDI
'14 JSW, '02 JW
I have an early 2005 jetta wagon MkIV. I have head that you can reprogram the car so that the rear hatch is active when the car is unlocked. Right now I have to hit the fob or the door button to activate the rear latch button...which is kinda annoying. Anyone know how to do this? And will you have the computer to do this mod at the GTG?
Second me on this.

Sprockette

Sprocket's wife
TDI
2012 Golf w/Tech Package
Marty, is it possible to get some time on the hoist on Sat? I've got a weird oil leak on the B4 that will sometime leave puddles and other times just a drip or two. It would be easier to pinpoint on a hoist I hope. Today was puddle day. This was while the car was running for approx 3 mins. It's roughly a 18" circle :(
Um, how are you planning on having both cars there and having Matt have the twin turbo? :p

Anyone wanna come drive one of these things over there? I sure don't want to try.

Sprockette

Sprocket's wife
TDI
2012 Golf w/Tech Package
Thanks for the offer. I guess it might not matter anyway if we can't get the trans back in the B5! This is going to be one long weekend.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Just booked two nights at the Days Inn Ann Arbor - $150.94 including taxes.

DAYS INN ANN ARBOR
2380 Carpenter Road, US 23 & Washtenaw Ave., Ann Arbor, MI 48108 US
Phone:1-734-971-0700

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'm in the Red Roof inn there: pet friendly (probably as much as it is people-friendly) and about the same price. I balk at spending $159/night to sleep somewhere when I really don't care about anything by A/C and a relatively clean room.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Yeah - we felt the same way about the Marriott... they're almost sold out anyway, hence the steep price.

Eljean

Veteran Member
It's been a while since I've been to one of these...hoping to be there.

Am currently scheduled to drive my Dad and brother to Ohio Saturday, but, just heard they may not need my driving talents afterall...just want the Passat. It's a little better fuel economy than their Ford 350 Diesel.

If that's the case, I will plan to bring the newest member of our TDI family...Jennie's 2000 Golf...Kirk hasn't seen it yet.

Mark...no worries...I am not bringing any projects... :)

Jennie's Golf is an automatic, so, I am looking for info related to changing the transmission fluid...I hear there is something special about changing it. The transmission has approx 50-60k on it, so, am guessing we should change it sooner than later.

Hope to see everyone Saturday!

Any food requests?

Eljean

Stinkyfingers

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Variant, '03, Made in Germany, silber, 486,000+ miles and still singing!
What would summer be without Marty's Fowlerville GTG?
I'm hoping to get a start on sorting out a balky first/reverse shift action that just may be inside the gearbox itself. Ideas/assistance will be welcome. Shift linkage appears to be in order.
See ya Saturday!
JohnD

Thyme

TDI
96 Passat TDi 240k
I have to go to this seeing as I'm in the Ann Arbor area.

A little late, but I have a big yard if anyone needs a place to pitch a tent for free.

k4u2luz2

TDI
2006 Jetta
Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. A little sad that my silver bullet (2006) won't be there though. Thanks to a lady who tried to kiss us while driving last Friday night. But on the positive I will be bringing two new comers to the TDI family with me. I'll just be a passenger in their cars instead of the driver of mine.

flyguy38

TDI
2006 Jetta tdi
Damn Damn

Damn it all, family crap that cant be avoided.I have to make a few appointments yet, Kirk i still need to give you a call. Jeff I guess i will be just mailing the ecu out to you.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
We got a late start this morning... a friend crashed her car and Lawson gave her a ride. We're going through Haggarstown right now :cool:

ETA at the AA Days in: 8:30 PM.

-Jason

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I'll be leaving Toronto at about 1am Saturday morning in order to arrive at about 7am (sedate driving and border crossing time accounted for).

I'll see you all there :D

MrVermin

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
I'm just guessing here, but I don't think that Marty wants people showing up at 7am....(at least to his place, anyways), might want to campout at the Mickey D's for breakfast for awhile if your getting there that early.

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I'm just guessing here, but I don't think that Marty wants people showing up at 7am....(at least to his place, anyways), might want to campout at the Mickey D's for breakfast for awhile if your getting there that early.

That was the plan... :D

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Oh man, too bad I can't make it to this GTG. I could have met some real Ontarians! (of which I'm only an honorary one)

mlemorie

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
Last chance for any other special tools. After I leave work today I wont have access to my box again until monday. Requests need to be in by 10:30pm lol. I have VCDS, rear bushing tool coming. I can bring timing belt tools, spindle spreader for removing struts, rear brake caliper tool, radio removal tools and some others. Ask and I will let you know if I have it. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!