4dr Golf Trunk Space

hans_gruber

TDI
03' Jetta Wagon (RIP) Looking
Hi. New to the forum and curious about something. I recently got rid of a high mileage 03' Jetta Wagon that was my first car at a significant loss that I loved but was not taken care of by the previous owner and needed everything. Loved the car, regret selling it, and looking to replace it with a Jetta sedan or Golf for weight savings/fuel economy.

What I'm curious about is the trunk space of the 4 door Golf. I do believe I heard somewhere that both the two rear seats as well as the front passenger seat fold down flush :confused:
Is there anyone that could provide photos of their interior?
Is it big enough for a smaller person to sleep in relatively comfortably like the Jetta Wagon was for me? Thanks.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Maybe you can find one in a VW dealer (or car lot) in your area to look at?
I need the wagon to carry all my crapusta around. :)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Rear seats on the Golf don't fold flat like the do on the wagon. And the cargo area is about a foot longer on the wagon. Rear seat area is the same on both cars.

stikshift

TDI
'03 Golf ALH
If you remove the headrests from the back seat and lift the bottom cushions, you can get it to fold nearly flat. There's about a three inch height difference between the seats and the trunk floor, but it's good enough for moving bulky items. Obviously you're not going to have the same amount of room as a wagon, but it's pretty spacious.

This goes for Golfs and Jettas, but Jettas will have some obstruction on the sides.

2many diesels

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit pickup 1z swap Audi A4 Quattro ALH. 02 Beetle TDI. 99 Golf TDI. 03 Wagon TDI. 914 Porsche ALH t
I will be selling a wagon and a golf...not that far from you.

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
I have a 4 door gas'er golf, I will try to take a pic for you, remind me if you don't get the answer you want.

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
Rear seats on the Golf don't fold flat like the do on the wagon. And the cargo area is about a foot longer on the wagon. Rear seat area is the same on both cars.
yes they did. You had to flip up the bottom seat cushions to allow the seat backs to fold flat. The head rests fit into slots in the bottom seat cushion.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Hans- If you're wanting to sleep in it I highly recommend you find one and stretch out in it.
If you google"vw a4 golf rear interior", click on images, there are a couple