Stop the NOISE!!!

Navydoc76

TDI
2013 TDI SEL
Good Evening All,
As always when I have a question this is my first and only stop.
I have a 2013 TDI SEL with 39,000 miles as of today.
My brakes have always made noise when stopping and have been told at each service interval that it’s the material that VW used. Lately this noise has been really bad though. No issues with stopping just the noise. I am still on the original pads and rotors and due for my 5 year service in two weeks and wondered if anyone else experiences/d this and what remedies have been used to stop the NOISE. 90% of my driving is in the city. I live in New Orleans (NOLA) so it always humid and understand that is a factor. Secondly, if and I mean only IF replacements are needed what is a good set to go with. I would replace the pads and rotors at the same time.
I appreciate everyone’s feedback and input as every single piece of advice I have received here from all you awesome people has been dead on.
Thank You,
Navydoc76

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Yikes! NOLA is harsh on all cars. I drove thru that area and wow! Michigan and Chicago are harsh on cars too. Definitely need “better” brakes.

https://www.idparts.com/front-brake-set-nms-p-4988.html

If i were you, I would go for IDParts Performance - increased friction compared to the OE and ceramic pads, especially responsive on tip in.

Also, chose one of two below. If I was you, I would go for Fremax High Carbon.....

Rotor Options:

Fremax High Carbon - the default rotors on this kit are our highest recommended rotor too. The high carbon formula resists warping and dissipates heat much more quickly than traditional rotors. Painted on the non-contact surfaces

Zimmermann - Z-Coat plating over the entire rotor, Zimmermann rotors have always been at the top of the aftermarket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Describe the noise, is it first couple stops of the day? or is it every stop you make?

The rotor surface does get a little coating of surface rust very quickly that is soon wiped clean. Also I've had some squeaking first of the day that goes away after the first stop sign of the morning.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
mine had a screech from the rears when cold- pulled em apart and applied crc disk brake quiet to the back of the pads- fixed it