2004 Golf GLS 5-Speed 136k Miles $3000

TheGoyimKnow

TDI
2004 Golf
2004 Turbo Diesel VW Golf. Hard to find manual 5 speed transmission. This car was my daily driver until the turbo went bad a few months ago. (This is what I think it is, I'm no mechanic. It makes a high-pitched squeal when you push down the gas pedal)

It still idles, runs and drives just fine. I have tracked down used turbos at local junk yards for >$150.

On 8/9/18 I took it on the freeway and was doing 70mph+ just fine. It spits out some black smoke when first driving (burning oil from turbo) but then it's fine.

Brakes are new, tires are new (mismatched), everything functions as it should including the electronics. Power windows, doors, locks, cruise control, HEATED seats, ICE COLD AC, Sunroof, Monsoon stereo is awesome.

Timing belt/water pump done at 92k. (See photo) It did have a slight oil leak a few months ago, so I took it to the dealer and they changed out the valve cover gasket. Haven't noticed a leak anymore.

The exterior is in okay condition. There are bumps and bruises, the worst of it being the hood and drivers side quarter panel.With some touch-up paint it would look much better. I will include a replacement hood and fender in the auction. They will be in the hatch ready for shipping. The paint cleans up nice, except the clear coat on the roof is gone. This car is a 10 footer- looks great from 10 feet but the closer you get the more blemishes you'll start to notice.

The interior is in good condition. It would look even better with the cloth seats and carpet shampooed.

Like I said, everything works on the car, minus the turbo, and up until it went out it had given me zero issues. I was easily getting 50MPG on the freeway, CLEAN Utah title, CLEAN Carfax, and just TWO owners.

Vehicle is located 20 minutes south of Salt Lake City, UT.

Currently on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Volkswagen-Golf-GLS-TDI/113190597359