Diesel Power Tuning box + Bigger Injectors

michael.berta

TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI
So I was reading in the FAQ that bigger injectors sometimes do not do as much with a tuning box. My local mechanic (a trusted TDI mechanic) suggests this tuning box with one size bigger injectors to get a 90 HP TDI upto about 150ish HP. It is a 2000 Jetta.

The tuning box increases the injector pulse based on fuel pressure change in the fuel rail. It seems this mod would be OK with bigger injectors since the tuning box has no way of telling that there are bigger injectors in the car.

I'm courious if this combo has worked and what the results were.

Thanks,

Mike

LA@JSPerformance.ca

Vendor , w/Business number
Hi Mike,

The FAQ needs to be updated - that assumption is false. The tuning box works better with larger nozzles. We have vehicles out there using the full range of nozzles from 0.184 to Race 520.

If you would like more information regarding these setups give us a call or visit our website.

Leigh-Anne

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
michael.berta said:
The tuning box increases the injector pulse based on fuel pressure change in the fuel rail.

Not on your distributor-pump engine (which has no fuel rail and no electrical injector pulses) it doesn't!

michael.berta said:
It seems this mod would be OK with bigger injectors since the tuning box has no way of telling that there are bigger injectors in the car.
That bit is correct. You can get more fuel into these engines with bigger injectors because no matter how you slice it, the electronics will have no idea what you've done.

150 hp from a distributor-pump engine without more boost pressure is optimistic, though - except maybe if you don't mind seeing nothing but blackness in the rear-view mirror. Needs more air than stock boost pressure will deliver in order to do that ...

Street Toys

Veteran Member
TDI
sold
tomo366 said:
You must be a registered vendor to post your wares here........
Also you cannot post in this area......
I really do not understand:confused: Why can't he post in this area?:confused:

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
Some of the cars I tune that just have larger injectors tend to show some pretty substantial boost spikes. I think a tuning box would only make it worse. The major battle when tuning is not in fuel but adjusting the N75 values to compensate for the spike so that boost is steady. The life of the turbo may be short lived otherwise.

Street Toys

Veteran Member
TDI
sold
EMT-Tuning said:
Or just go with a ECU Flash and bigger injectors for the same price.
This is what he posted! What Is it that was so offensive?:confused: He gave sound advice to flash thier ECU and go to bigger injectors!:confused:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
If you take a look, Tomo, he didn't say "buy one of my ECU flashes and bigger injectors" but merely gave the OP an alternative. Other than the fact that his sig shows a company name and that he's awaiting vendor status, there's no mention of his company, the product he sells, or his desire to sell to the OP.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Ed's TDI said:
If you take a look, Tomo, he didn't say "buy one of my ECU flashes and bigger injectors" but merely gave the OP an alternative. Other than the fact that his sig shows a company name and that he's awaiting vendor status, there's no mention of his company, the product he sells, or his desire to sell to the OP.
I agree with this statement. The post that was made was merely a statement of facts, not an advertisement. YES, I recognize that the signature in that same post can be construed as an advertisement, but WE (moderators of TDIclub - For the record Tomo is a respected long term member but is not a moderator!) have not yet come to a consensus on what to do about "advertisement-signatures", or even IF we can do anything about it without being overly restrictive.

For an example, look at my own signature. Is that an advertisement? I have absolutely no business relationship with Unitronics whatsoever. But, that's what's there. It is what it is. How does one distinguish between this (which hundreds of members have, if not thousands) and "advertisement-signatures"?

Last edited:

Street Toys

Veteran Member
TDI
sold
With all this aside; Thank you Tomo for your apology and...

Welome aboard EMT-Tuning, we welcome new members here, I hope that you can help us all with our endeavor to make these vehicles the best they can be!:) New ideas are always appreaciated!:D

Street toys

Bush Hopper

TDI
97 Eurovan, 2001 Jetta and a few other
Street Toys said:
With all this aside; Thank you Tomo for your apology and...

Welome aboard EMT-Tuning, we welcome new members here, I hope that you can help us all with our endeavor to make these vehicles the best they can be!:) New ideas are always appreaciated!:D

Street toys
Thank you very much for the greating! I will do my best.