www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Conversions

TDI Conversions Discussions on converting non TDIs into TDIS. More general items can be answered better in other sections. This is ideal for issues that don't have an overlap and are very special to swaping engines.

Old November 20th, 2012, 09:30   #16
dubCanuck1
Veteran Member

Things have been slow with the wife and kids coming back into town and my garage being filled with furniture and carpet. I did pick up a bead roller, some hi-temp paint and some of that Eastwood internal hi-temp internal pipe coating for my boost tubes and downpipe. Probably going to grab some exhaust wrap as well.
dubCanuck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 09:41   #17
deejaaa
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 59 latest mpg

be careful with exhaust wrap. holds moisture, salt, dirt, leading to rust.
I am a tdi expert now.
A wise man told me "Cut Twice, Measure Nunce."
deejaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 10:12   #18
dubCanuck1
Veteran Member

Noted. Thanks.
Old March 23rd, 2014, 23:47   #19
dubCanuck1
Veteran Member

Sh!t. I blinked and another 2 years went by. Had a rough 2013 with my kid being pretty sick most of the year, and with the Calgary flood situation, I ended up working something like 2 jobs' worth of time for most of the year.

Car's still in the works. This spring/summer will have some updates as I've got the builder's bug again and good news, my sons are old enough now (11/13) to like car stuff and I've even got them doing some welding. At least when the wife yells at me, she'll have to yell at them most of the time as well.

Oh, and the thought of crawling under the car to do exhaust was so bothersome, I had to take care of that.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrIKo4E2LDw
Old May 27th, 2014, 00:58   #20
EvilBunny

what year is your mk2? half the pictures won't load. is it a ce2 or non ce2 car?

slow n low
EvilBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 01:02   #21
dubCanuck1
Veteran Member

CE2 car.
Old April 15th, 2017, 13:24   #22
jhax
Veteran Member

Hey sir, hows it going? Whats going on with the swap?
jhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2017, 21:21   #23
dubCanuck1
Veteran Member

Hmmmm. I must have missed the last question. So, last post was in 2014. In late 2014, the missus asked me for a divorce. In trying to reconcile, I got rid of chassis #2. I kept the engine and all the goodies, but the project has stalled. I'm now selling my house and building on an acreage, but I will still finish this up. I've gotten quite good at getting back to "this point" within 12 hours of having a chassis. If I'm honest, it'll be within the next 2 years. I'm down substantially on the number of cars to build and my kids are both around driving age, so it makes sense to finish this guy off.

Maybe it will be a 3-part trilogy. I just realized it's been almost 12 years since I started. Blecht.