First road trip

alien

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen DSG
We took our 2010JSW up to Flagstaff from Mesa, Arizona (a round trip of ~350 miles). Flagstaff is at an elevation of 7,000 feet, Mesa is at 1,000 feet, and there are some decent hills to climb. I must say that I was extremely impressed. Climbing hills was absolutely effortless, and the mpg looks fantastic. I don't know how linear the fuel gauge is, but the 350 miles came on little more than the half tank marking, with an estimated 290 mile range left. I'll probably do a fill tomorrow to see what we got. I note that the UK mpg figures quoted (noting the 20% difference in gallon size) are somewhat higher than the US mpg figures. I suspect I am getting better-than-EPA performance from the get-go (driving speed was around the limit (mostly 75 or 65) plus or minus 5). I'll post a figure once I've got it.
Overnight, it hit a low of around 9F. The car, left outside, was only very slightly hesitant to start first thing in the morning when it was in the low teens.

alien

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen DSG
OK. For this trip we got ~41mpg, which I am quite happy with. The mostly city driving for the previous fill-up (around 220 miles) gave us around 34mpg.

one69chev

TDI
none
i recently went from VA to Fl and averaged 41mpg also......my sister in law had to drive part of the way back and i think i may have converted her to the v-dub fold