Telematics/Car-Net/Audi-Connect disable

tdireader

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI
I've never been a big fan of telematics. I'm thinking of trading my vehicle for an Audi or VW.

Any info on disabling this "feature" with VAG-COM/VCDS?

C170pete

TDI
'01 Jetta, '14 passat
No need VCDS ,just disconnect car-net module i have disconnected on my passat 2014
I did this and found that the microphone for the hands free phone does not work with the module disconnected. Phone Works fine with just the 2 pin connector removed. (Looks lie power to the module but not certain) I want the phone mic to work.

Is this module powered through the 2 pin connector or thru the multi-pin connector.?

I would like to assure that no one can see any gps/cellular location of my car, and that it cannot be unlocked thru the car-net system. I'm not a criminal or paranoid, just that my cars location is not anyone else's business but mine.

Thx, Pete

New 2014 passat SE TDI. 190k on a 01 Jetta TDI

Airborne1cav

TDI
2014 TDI SE w/ Nav
Hey, So by accident I broke the single cable going to the Car-net Module. Everything still works except my Parking location on the Carnet App never updates my position (stuck at home) and the Carnet light went red immediately. Here's some pictures - The black box with China & VW is where the cable broke out of. Also, I have a 2014 Passat TDI SE w/ Sunroof & RNS-315. So, not sure if it's powered through the single pin connector or not, because I'm fairly certain my Bluetooth mic still works.... but I always have my phone in the center cup holder, so maybe it's my phone mic thats working ? I need to test it out... DO you know where the Bluetooth is located ? I'm want to swap the 315 out with a RNS-510 ! Thanks

[/url]photo (2) by AustinB747, on Flickr[/IMG] photo by AustinB747, on Flickr

Last edited:

Jacks

TDI
2009 Sedan
For a 2015 Passat, the Car-Net module is located under the foam cover under the passenger seat.

Last edited: