Wiring Harness

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
5-speed, 2015 Golf S 6-speed manual; 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL 6-speed manual
I need a wiring harness for the front driver’s side door on my 2003 Jetta GLS wagon. Heated seats, heated mirrors, power windows. Does anyone know where I can buy one, preferably used? Or know the part number?

Thank you.

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
Would the gls wagon harness be any different from the gls sedan version? If not, I would have one from the wrecked 2003 corpse I have. I've never pulled a wiring harness from the door(s) yet, but removing a door was a lot more work than I figured it was going to be.

Let me know if you don't find anything that says the sedan harness won't work. I might be able to help out if nothing else turns up.

Last edited:

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
I've never pulled a wiring harness from the door(s) yet, but removing a door was a lot more work than I figured it was going to be.
Jettawreck,
Where the wire harness goes into the body is there a plug in the kick panel that un-plugs or does it continue around the car?
I need to change the drivers door hinges.
The top is worn and the top of the door hits the B post, and both squeak.
If it's a hassle I was going to use a engine hoist to lift the door, un-do the nuts on the pin and lift the door and then take the 2 halves off the body & door.

Think it's doable?

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
When I removed the passenger side front door off the wrecked Jetta, there was a connector plug(s) in the kickwell/fender area, as I recall. It wasn't a big job by any means, but a bit more involved than it seemed like it would be when I started.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Thanks for the info.
After purging the pump this is going to my next project before winter. :)