2012 Audi A3 TDi block heater

gibsonlp1310

TDI
2006 Jetta Tdi Pkg1
I just purchased a 2012 a3 premium plus with convenience package,cold weather package, sunroof, and roof rails. I was under the impression that all a3 tdi came with the block heater but didnt come with the plugin. My 2012 doesnt look like it has the plug like everyone elses in the front by the fog light. Just wondering if now there no standard cuz i was looking forward to the increased mileage in the winter.

mikeyredk

TDI
A3
Do you have a picture of the area? 2011's did not come with the heater cord but did haver the plug; from my perspective it makes sense most consumers do not need this and it would reduce Audi's cost but I do not see the option to build it in Audi would have made it an option. I have never used my heater block but I live in NC.

palewhitemale

TDI
A3
I ordered mine as a 2011 and it ended up being a 2012... same problem, no jack for the block heater.
I have just assumed that there isn't one installed, but I'm not sure yet. I have my 5000 mile service in a couple weeks, so I'll report back when I find out what's going on with mine.
-bill

palewhitemale

TDI
A3
so here's my update for those of you who care:
I went to Audi Manhattan today and after a bit of confusion, we did look at the standard equipment list and at my car to make sure that I hadn't missed anything.
It turns out that there is, in fact, no block heater plug in my foglamp, and the service director and my service writer believe that there is no block heater on my car at all.
I was told that they're going to look into the entire parts list for this install and get back to me regarding scheduling an appointment to have it installed.
From the looks of things this will just be a warranty issue and it'll be installed by the dealership without issue.
I'll update when I know anything new.
-bill

Maine12

TDI
09 Jetta TDI 6M-sold
A small bit of info to add, I test drove an 2012 A3 a few days ago and ask if the 2012 Audi,s had the block heater. The response was no they don't need it so it was dropped in 2012 models?
It still would be nice on those cold mornings to help defrost the windshield faster and help with the gas mileage!