P0215

Brian_Spilsbury

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 JETTA, 2004 JETTA
P0215- IP Maximum adjustment limit code.

And with the blinking GP light, it means the injector pump is generating a fault.
I use up to B75 in the summer. The code started showing up yesterday after starting the car mid trip. I can clear it while driving and it stays off until I restart. The car is running as good as always and my scan gauge is showing no change in ltr/100.

Where does the trouble shooting begin?

Last edited:

Brian_Spilsbury

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 JETTA, 2004 JETTA
after 5 yrs of running bio, I'm starting to think that it's just not worth it. I have more than my share of fuel related problems... all of which I'm able to fix myself but even still.
My error code has been cleared and fixed. I disconnected the lines to the IP and ran diesel purge from an outside container straight to the motor. It ran fine and no codes. I let it idle for 20 minutes blipping the throttle every once in a while.
No codes.
Replaced the fuel filter, primed with more DP and it's going strong.
I'm still a firm believer in BIO but I think it's going to be a long time before I go over 50%. Even with the quality control measures in place at the coop, it's still not as technically well brewed as commercial stuff.

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
Bumping up this thread...

I got the blinking gp light and the P0215 code on my drive home last Friday. I cleared it using my generic code reader and it has not come back (yet). Even though I have a new MAF (changed in Nov. 18), I do feel loss of power on the highway. I started noticing it about 4 weeks ago. I thought it's due to the winter fuel. Now due to this code, I'm thinking the power loss may be related. Even my fuel economy numbers have worsened as compared to my average numbers in Winter (6.4-6.8L/100 now vs. Avg. 6L/100).

I've searched the forums about this issue with a P0215 code. Some suggest unplugging the IP connector and cleaning it with a contact cleaner. Or the brake light bulb(s) may be out, which are OK in my case. Does anyone have any other troubleshooting steps?

I've been filling up at a "no-name" high volume station in Scarborough, and I add powerservice in Winter. My fuel filter is due for a change which I plan to do with a diesel purge in April. I have 297K kms on the car now.

Any suggestions? :confused:

Thanks.

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
Thanks John. I will read up on this.

I drive easy overall, and I do the italian tune up once in a while, not weekly though. I did try it recently and the car didn't seem to have the expected power when I pressed down hard on the gas pedal :(. I will re-try.