2012 jetta stalled. Automatic transmission

Ethickid

TDI
Jetta
2012 volkswagen jetta tdi stalled when going from reverse to drive.

So my fiance was driving our Jetta today (it's an automatic) She reverse from a parking space and then went to drive away and realized she had no power steering and the car had stalled. It took about 5 minutes and the car finally restarted.

I work for CAA and was able to test and diagnosed the battery starter and alternator all came back perfectly normal.

We then took the car to our local mechanic who said nothing is wrong. We got the car home tried again and it did the exact same thing. Have no lights coming on the dash the transmission isn't acting weird at all. But we are now noticing off the starting line it's a little hesitant to go and it almost idles heavy.

Any ideas on what it could possibly be?

I even asked her if she was sure she turned the car on. I have to sleep on the couch tonight

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Sounds to me like the #1 clutch is sticking on. I'd make sure there are no DTCs in the Transmission (M-unit), and perhaps do a recalibration on the clutches and see if it acts up again.

Ethickid

TDI
Jetta
I had the dsg fluid redone maybe 500 kms ago and they scoped and said it looked good

Ethickid

TDI
Jetta
Update:

Took it to volkswagen today for diagnostics. They had it for an hour and then said the intake manifold has failed. Part costs 250 labour is 6 hours. However its covered under my extended emissions warranty!!