FEELER - Dyno @ this year's TDIFest?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Hi folks,

We're exploring the possibility of having Fast Enough Performance bring their portable dyno up to TDIFest in Ypsilanti, Michigan this year. It was extremely popular at last year's Fest in Lexington, Kentucky as well as the Fest in Lake Mills, Wisconsin.

Please see this thread for more information http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=359780 and participate in our poll so we can gauge interest!

-Lawson

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
I don't think it's a question IF we will have enough interest do to dynos. Even if we're anywhere short of the needed 40 I would think that the vendors present will step up behind their own products and buy up slots for their customers. I think it would be a great promotion: buy x product and get a free dyno session. Do one baseline in the early session, install product x right away and see the gains in the later session.

Last edited:

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
I don't think it's a question IF we will have enough interest do to dynos. Even if we're anywhere short of the needed 40 I would think that the vendors present will step up behind their own products and buy up slots for their customers. I think it would be a great promotion: buy x product and get a free dyno session. Do one baseline in the early session, install product x right away and see the gains in the later session.
I doubt the mark up on products that these vendors will be selling is high enough to cover $65 for 3 pulls for everyone.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
what matt said. i've been thinking about going out to this depending on what this new job does and my car progress. i know a guy that lives there so i pretty much only have to pay for fuel to get there and back.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
40? Ouch! I think it would be really interesting to do....but I suspect there wont be 40 takers. If you could get 10 people to prepay...I say do it. This was if there are 10 or 20 more on site that are wiling...then its a party!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
There were 40 cars dynoed in Kentucky and 68 in Lake Mills. We can do fewer cars but the price per car will go up.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
I think today is the deadline to bring the dyno or not. Looks like 16 people participated in the poll and they were looking for 40.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'm traveling today so I'm going to give it one more. I'm pretty confident that there will be on-site interest, so if we break 20 in the poll we will probably be okay.

We also have a Fest planning conference call tomorrow evening and we will be discussing the Dyno possibility then.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Cool, how many people pre signed up last year? I know I got all gung ho and dynoed twice last year.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I don't know how many people pre-registered for the dyno last year. :(

VeeDubTDI

TDI
What is there to be on the fence about? :confused: ;)

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
What is there to be on the fence about? :confused: ;)
Ha ha I have been conferring with my GF as to whether I am going or not! I am trying to figure out who else is going from my region and what their travel plans are. I am pretty certain Pod isn't going. I am looking forward to going to TDIFest for the first time!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I've been trying to get pod to go, but you know how that goes... maybe you will have better luck! I want him to enter the Rabbit into Show & Shine. :D

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
I've been trying to get pod to go, but you know how that goes... maybe you will have better luck! I want him to enter the Rabbit into Show & Shine. :D
Ha! he needs to remove the bumpers and the chrome strips from the roof to enter a show and shine!

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
Yes! I'd love to see a before/after on camshafts, like the TDIMeister cam vs. stock. Maybe you can get Shorty to buy up some dyno slots, that'd be great!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
The dyno had been up in the air as of last week, but we've been back and touch and things are looking good - Chris @ Fast Enough Performance had been out of town for a week so we weren't sure what was going on.

For today and tomorrow, we're opening up a dyno option on the registration page (see below). If you are interested, we request that you add this option to your cart. We need a certain number of pre-sales to make this happen and we will make the final decision on Wednesday (two days from now).

NOTE: We are going to add a DYNO item to the registration system. CLICK HERE TO BUY.

Important: On the dyno page, there is a drop-down box to select 1 or 2 runs. One run (3 pulls) is $70. Two runs (6 pulls) is $50 more ($120 total). Please select which one you'd like - the default is 1.

We are looking for a minimum number of 15 sign-ups to cover the 50% deposit for the dyno. If the dyno falls through for any reason, we will refund your fees. This registration item will be available between now and TDIFest - we will also be accepting payment on-site, although the current price is not guaranteed.

Questions? Let me know! I'm happy that this is back on the table.