www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old February 19th, 2016, 18:44   #361
Cokecan42

TDI(s): Golf 1.9
Fuel Economy: 36 around town. 47 to 50 on Hwy.

Bad Guru

Hello everyone . As far as Defamation of Character . For him to be able file a suit on me it has to be a lie ! This is not a lie . If this man wants file go ahead I have my ducks in a row.
His screen name is Richard55 if you want to know more.
Email me.
He is a parts changer and not a good one at that. If he were it would be right.
He never goes on facts he just Assumes.
He will always will think of me when something goes wrong because that what he did to me was wrong.
Cokecan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 10:30   #362
floyd r turbo

Fuel Economy: 45 mpg as of 1/1/2007

Thanks for the heads up Cokecan42. Since I don't have the $$$ to do repairs to my Jetta in question I wanted to first establish conversation with mech in question here. At this point, if there are questionable practices, i will avoid until resolved, if ever. In a situation like this I'm thankful for you guys for taking time to let us know what's gong on. I understand its your word against his and we'll let his actions play out. In the meantime, Jetta will sit anyway. Last time I had an issue - I trailered it all the way to St Louis from Atlanta to get oilhammer to work on a major repair - and I'm forever thankful for his quality work but that was a huge expense but gave me peace of mind knowing his honesty and capabiliities.
1992 & 3 Dodge 250 R/cab L/bed Cummin 5 speed
floyd r turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2016, 15:39   #363
Richard55

TDI(s): 2000 NB
Fuel Economy: 52 MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokecan42 View Post
Bad Guru
Back several months ago I paid a man $3500.00 to rebuild my Golf tdi bew.
This person totally messed up my motor. There is oil that literally runs out of my exhaust after about 40 miles.
I carried the car back to him and it sat in his garage for over 2 months . This person was telling me he had taken the motor out and carried it to a machine shop and got it magna fluxed . He told me the man at the machine shop found a crack in the block. He was relaying all this information to me. I was telling him to tell the man at the machine shop to call me. This man that was doing the rebuild had already started looking for a block. I even went as far as to ask for the machine shop's name and ph number so I could ask about this cracked block myself, again no response back.
I started getting suspicious when he would not answer my phone calls, would not answer my text messages, so my son and I went and rented a car trailer form U-haul. Oh by the way, I have a total of $1500.00 in fuel and rentals on U-haul going back and forth to this person to get my car fixed, and still it's not fixed!
My son and I went down and I called him about 50 yards from his house, no answer. Then the phone rang, it was him! I told him I was there to get my car. He said I couldn't, I said bull****.
He said he could not help me get it out of his garage, I told him my son was there to help with that.
We went down and he opened the door, I walked over raised the hood on my car and the engine was sitting right in place, I said imagine that. I looked over and said don't stand there and tell me you pulled the engine, had them magna flux the engine and put it back, he said I did and I told him I didn't believe him. Five minutes later he had admitted he didn't touch the engine for 2 months. Lied to me the whole time.
So thats the story. Paid the man and he didn't do the job he was suppose to have.
I am giving him a chance to do the right thing and give me my money back.....OR I'm going to create a link on Google and post all my evidence. This will show what he was suppose to do, but didn't, an itemized list of everything. I will also post pictures where you can see the oil dripping out of my exhaust.
Then the last action I will take, pending the outcome of the post from the link, will be file a law suit against him.
Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.
I would like to provide a more linear timeline to these events as they occurred.
10/18/2014 Replaced Cam lifters and Timing belt on Tim's 2005 Golf as seen in his post here:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...&postcount=163
A Year Goes By...
09/27/2015:Tim contacted me about a auto to manual swap and I referred him to another vendor in the Carolinas to do the swap. Its outcome is seen here:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=28
11/08/2015: Post for mentioned work the two vendors informed Tim that his Golf most likely had been Hydro locked. Tim called me brought his car back to diagnose the issue. Note upon arrival the Car was running very poorly. Based on the information Tim provided at this time, I advised him that the head would need to be pulled. After head was removed number 4 cylinder deck height was less than the rest of the cylinders, removed all pistons and rods and were sent in to machine shop with head for spec. Found exhaust valve in Cylinder 4 to be bent and discovered number 2 and number 4 connecting rods were bent as well. Called Tim to inform him, he ask me to find a set of used rods to conserve cost as he had already invested so much into the car. Sourced and specked a set of 4 used connecting rods. Head rebuilt including new guides, Valves, and Seals and all seats reground. Checked Block for taper and roundness, all within specs.
Reassembled with new Rings, bearing, and all new bolts. Break-in procedure and following second oil change I advised Tim to tow the Golf home and complete break in procedure varying RPM as per suggested break in procedure. Tim arrived with out tow trailer and decided to drive the Golf back to North Carolina against my advisement. .
11/24/2015 Tim informs me that the car is smoking.
On 11/27/2015 Tim informs me that he believes he has blown the motor in the golf.
"Sounded like a cannon went off" "I think I blew my motor Richard"
I asked him to bring the car back down for further inspection. When the golf was delivered Tim drove the car off of the trailer with excessive oil leaking from tail pipe. Note that there was less than a quart of oil in pan when car was driven on/off the tow trailer when it arrived.
12/06/2015 Turbo was removed and found to be completely blown apart. Exhaust turbine missing in exhaust system and cold side in pieces, and blown thru the intake system. Contacted Tim with pictures and suggested removing the charge system and replace intercooler. I advised Tim on two separate occasions that there was over a quart of oil in the IC and metal from the turbo through out the induction system, also that with out tearing the motor down there was no way of determining if there was further damage to the motor. His input "I figure it's ok cause idling it runs pretty smooth" Tim declined the replacement or further tear down and asked me to clean the intercooler as best that I could and replace the turbo. Compression test showed a compression range of 480lbs-510lbs across 4 cylinders. Tim informed me he would have his local muffler shop remove the exhaust system to find and remove the remaining metal parts and pieces and oil from the exhaust system.
12/10/2015 I advised Tim in text message to tow the car home as the exhaust turbine wheel was still in the exhaust system and over a 1 and 1/2 quarts of oil in the exhaust as well, that the car should not be driven or ran until the metal parts were found. Tim drove the car back to North Carolina.
Tim calls a few days later to inform me that the car is still smoking badly. I asked him to bring the car back down to determine the cause. It was Tim's impression that I carry the burden of cost on parts and labor to repair his car. I refused. Due to the turbo blowing up post repair. I would donate my time to diagnose the problem. Gratis. As soon as possible as there were customers cars waiting in my shop. I was unable to get the car into my shop due to the bad weather at the end of December and early January.
1/11/2016 I had Major Ankle Replacement Surgery from which I am still recovering as Tim and other Members are aware of.
Thinking I could work on the car any day as I recovered, I advised him that work was being done by another member SilverDieselDemon, who also offered to donate time, This was my mistake as I was not able to work on the car due to recovery and the work schedule of the other member.
In summation; What happed to the car between 2014 when he was totally satisfied with all repairs and when I saw the car again in 2015? (Hydro-Locked)
Second question, How do I have any reasonability when Tim totally blew the turbo up in the car post engine rebuild? The major fact that the OP conveniently left out.
RC6, 11 mm IP, 17/22, egr delete, 3 inch exhaust, 2.5" custom lower IC pipe, lift pump, "LurkerMike" custom DP, PP764, MAF deleted, 3 bar MAP, stage 2-14 lbs flywheel and clutch assy. Autometer Colbalt 2 Oil Pressure, Boost and EGT guages. K&N air filter. 18" Motegi wheels. vent and snowectomies. 55 watt HIDs
Richard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2016, 01:35   #364
MAXRPM
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57 mpg driving like a granny on HWY-5 from LA to SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjettadsl View Post
MAXRPM, I understand your reason for posting in this thread. I genuinely hope that you and Whitbread can resolve things. But posting things like the above post is going beyond trying to have matters resolved, you are just bashing him now. No place for that, this is a vendor accountability thread, not a bashing thread.
Personally I have never dealt with Whitbread, so I'm saying this without bias toward either one of you.
Best wishes to both of you, and I hope things can be resolved soon.

I stayed quiet no more posting after you posted this, I did make like 5 calls and several texts to Matt W after your above comment, so I was basically trying to resolve our issues,, but guess what no response from him whatsoever,,, so I do not believe it is bashing him, going forward with this matter pls advice me how would I phrase what is going now with him?? so I do not bash him,,, your best wishes were great and I thank you for that, but there is no intention from him to even try to resolve it,,, that shows you and the rest how unprofessional he is,,, he owes me money and a few parts,,,

Any suggestions from any members would be appreciated,,,, maybe Ryan P would help me again to get him here on the forum>>
Old March 9th, 2016, 23:29   #365
MAXRPM
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57 mpg driving like a granny on HWY-5 from LA to SF

Matt just texted me that it would be 4 weeks until he starts working on my project, let see how truthful he is this time??
Old March 24th, 2016, 07:37   #366
ehanc69

TDI(s): 2001
Default "Joint Base San Antonio updates U.S. military off-limits list ... adds MJM Autohaus"

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...#photo-9423051

"Image 5 of 23 MJM Autohaus: 10740 Hillpoint

Type of establishment: Auto parts distributor
Ban effective date: Jan. 7, 2015"
Old March 24th, 2016, 09:15   #367
oldpoopie

Ha ha

Email me, justgrow@gmail.com
oldpoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2016, 12:14   #368
jasonTDI

Fuel Economy: 13.7 c, 12-15 towing hwy. 17-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehanc69 View Post
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...#photo-9423051

"Image 5 of 23 MJM Autohaus: 10740 Hillpoint

Type of establishment: Auto parts distributor
Ban effective date: Jan. 7, 2015"
Wow..... That says a LOT.
Old March 29th, 2016, 07:18   #369
jptbay
Veteran Member

MJM BBB alert. F ranking.

http://www.bbb.org/central-texas/bus...io-tx-90020349
2003 Beetle, 18/56, 3 Bar MAP, 11mm pump, Bosio R520's, Cat fuel filter, PD lift pump, Kerma OMI, Kerma tune, IDParts lower boost pipe, Tyrolsport SMIC, Turbo S fender liner, PD150 intake w/racepipe, IDParts 2.5" stainless downpipe & 2.5" straight exhaust, ARP headstuds, ASV Pistons, I.E. I-Beam rods, BFI stage 1 mounts, Spec stage 3+ clutch/18lb flywheel, R axles, VR6 spindles, GLI big brakes F&R, 17" Enkei RPF1's, Koni FSD's, Evolution skid plate, McNally 30 PSI boost/EGT gauge, OEM HID's ...
jptbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 23:51   #370
OlyTDI
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '04 Golf
Default IDParts Comes Through

I wanted to post this and I hope Kudos are allowed.

I ordered a bunch of parts for a suspension refresh. Had to travel a long way and take a day off to get to the "guru" who was to install the parts and do a lift of my 04 Golf.

About 2 hours into the job, I received a call from the mechanic who informed me that the Koni FSD kit sent by IDParts was the wrong setup.

Needless to say, this was a major inconvenience in that I lost a day of my life and I had to reschedule.

I outlined this situation with the good folks at IDParts with whom I've dealt with many times before. They were totally stand-up and acknowledged the mistake and most importantly, made it right.

I won't get into details about the terms of that resolution but suffice it to say that my relationship with IDParts will continue unabated and that I really feel that they do everything they can to correct mistakes that sometimes occur.

I am satisfied with the resolution and want to give them a shout out as a result.

Cheers -- Eric
Malone Tuned, SBC Stage II Daily, Nicktane Cat 2 fuel filter, Dieselgeek bypass oil filter, Whitedog intake hose fix, A4 Defender skid plate, GLI Recaros, Check Temp III, Ventectomy, LED trunk lighting mod, Volx glass headlight lenses, VR6 front and wagon rear springs. Koni FSDs all around. FrostHeater with bumper mounted plug-in mod (details here).
OlyTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2016, 16:46   #371
swetbak
Veteran Member

Default Kerma experience

I just had an interesting experience with Kerma. I won't go into the details at this time, but it was basically a "he said" (one of their salesman) vs "he said" (me).
In a nut shell, I called them over the holidays about a turbo deal a competitor was running, and because they are my tuner I wanted to know if they would match the price and protect my tune upgrade. The answer was no, but it didn't matter they would still send me a re-tune for free if I bought the 3bar map sensor from them because you can't use the sensor without a tune.
Fast-forward to yesterday when I asked for my tune, based on what their salesman told me at the time. Well, I basically had to defend the choice I made based on the advice of that salesman, thru a series of emails. Finally, after half a dozen emails we (I'm assuming Charlie because there is never a signature on their emails) worked it out and were "best buds".
Then a short time later there was an email sent to Charlie (again I presume) and I was cc'd, as were others. This letter was from someone named Chris Blitch, basically calling me a lier and insinuating that I might not have even called them (initially).
Other than the last email from Charlie, the whole exchange was unprofessional on their part, with the ringer being the last email. Since they claim that many people are in the loop for these emails, I expected to hear from someone else by now (24hrs). I was ready to call them and pay for my re-tune until I got that last email. Now that I'm sufficiently ticked off, I'll need to think on it over the weekend.
Just to be clear, this isn't a vendor vs vendor issue. This is all about how I was handled as a returning customer.
I am very disappointed.

Last edited by swetbak; April 15th, 2016 at 20:10. Reason: spelling
swetbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2016, 17:16   #372
JDSwan87
Black Swamp Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by swetbak View Post
I just had an interesting experience with Kerma. I won't go into the details at this time, but it was basically a "he said" (one of their salesman) vs "he said" (me).
In a nut shell, I called them over the holidays about a turbo deal a competitor was running, and because they are my tuner I wanted to know if they would match the price and protect my tune upgrade. The answer was no, but it didn't matter they would still send me a re-tune for free if I bought the 3bar map sensor from them because you can't use the sensor without a tune.
Fast-forward to yesterday when I asked for my tune, based on what their salesman told me at the time. Well, I basically had to defend the choice I made based on the advice of that salesman, thru a series of emails. Finally, after half a dozen emails we (I'm assuming Charlie because there is never a signature on their emails) worked it out and were "best buds".
Then a short time later there was an email sent to Charlie (again I presume) and I was cc'd, as were others. This letter was from someone names Chris Blitch, basically calling me a lier and insinuating that I might not have even called them (initially).
Other than the last email from Charlie, the whole exchange was unprofessional on their part, with the ringer being the last email. Since they claim that many people are in the loop for these emails, I expected to hear from someone else by now (24hrs). I was ready to call them and pay for my re-tune until I got that last email. Now that I'm sufficiently ticked off, I'll need to think on it over the weekend.
Just to be clear, this isn't a vendor vs vendor issue. This is all about how I was handled as a returning customer.
I am very disappointed.
Wow, that sucks. I've dealt with Kerma before and no complaints here. Hopefully they get it all ironed out and all parties involved are happy.

Stella (Mine now): 2005 Shadow Blue Jetta Wagon TDI 09A
Mods: RC1. VCDS HEX-CAN USB (near Toledo, OH)
JDSwan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 11:39   #373
KERMA

I thought posting here was supposed to be only as a last resort? We are still intending to work with swetbak on this. Or at least that is my intention. It was like, a day ago. My intention was to let it cool down a little over the weekend before responding, But I guess a forum post kinda forces the issue.

In Chris's defense, he didn't call you a liar - but he did express skepticism. (read what he wrote again) Keep in mind, this was not intended for your consumption, and wasn't worded as such. But it goes without saying that it was pretty careless on his part that you were included in the CC.

IMO posting here was a bit premature, it only makes everything more difficult. We could resolve this outside the forums.
No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical. - Neils Bohr
KERMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 12:58   #374
BlankThis
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: suck, squeeze, bang, smoke

His complaint was about the lack of professionalism, which you've now just proven further by stamping your foot here. I agree he didn't necessarily use the thread as intended, but you letting "it cool down a little over the weekend before responding" makes me shake my head as to why you even chose to share that information.

You scoop enough business through these forums (as do other vendors), so you need to deal with you dirty laundry being aired. Unlike on Facebook.
[360k] - | GT1749VB | DLC764s | Southbend Stage 3 daily (soon) | WIX 24770 + CAT 1R7050 | DG Sigma 5 | 25th anni. e-codes | W8 console | NewSouth boost gauge | Koni Yellows/SRT.Ts w/ Neuspeed Sport springs | 1.8T pancake (soon) | PD150 intake w/ racepipe (soon) |
BlankThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 16:15   #375
swetbak
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERMA View Post
I thought posting here was supposed to be only as a last resort? We are still intending to work with swetbak on this. Or at least that is my intention. It was like, a day ago. My intention was to let it cool down a little over the weekend before responding, But I guess a forum post kinda forces the issue.

In Chris's defense, he didn't call you a liar - but he did express skepticism. (read what he wrote again) Keep in mind, this was not intended for your consumption, and wasn't worded as such. But it goes without saying that it was pretty careless on his part that you were included in the CC.

IMO posting here was a bit premature, it only makes everything more difficult. We could resolve this outside the forums.
In my defense about being premature, yeah maybe from most points of view, but you've posted on this forum that you try to respond quickly, sometimes within minutes. Even on weekends. After waiting 1,440 minutes I felt like it was last resort. I was pretty ticked.

I could respond to a few other things, but lets take this off the forum. I'll l PM you and you can have the last word here if you like.
swetbak is offline   Reply With Quote