I know and I read, but P0741 and airbag code 01222

Withkids

TDI
Non yet
Ok, first post but I stalk a lot. I bought a 2005 Passat wagon about two months ago. I drive about 500 miles a week plus. When I bought it it had an airbag lamp on with about 15 codes in it so I cleared to see what would come back. For a month everything was fine then I got the P0741 code. I changed the trans fluid and filter, found it a little low, cleared the code and no problem for about 200 miles. Then it came back and the time airbag code 01222. If I clear the code for torque converter it works fine, no chatter, no slip, and trans shifts great. Being busy and not having the time to diagnose I keep clearing the codes that made me notice that multiple times both tcm and airbag codes set within 10 seconds of each other and the lights turn on always tc is not applied. mostly when coming out of a turn like a ramp or intersection. I pulled the carpet up, it was slightly damp but tcm was dry and the airbag sensor was dry. I'm thinking power or ground issue, does anyone have a place to start? I use to be an automotive technician that was ase master tech and L1. An injury stopped me from working on cars and limits me on my own. I'm going to start checking Power and Grounds onceI borrow a scope and the problem is intermittent. So a direction would help. Thank you ahead of time.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
There is a ground splice near the TCM connector. Remove the tape around the harness and inspect. The splice can corrode and cause these issues.