Which is the best year/model VW Tdi made?

supton

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon GLS
I'm still partial to my '04. Its BEW has yet to eat the cam, and while I didn't like replacing the turbo&clutch, I really do love the upgrade (bigger and better, of course). Pulling off about 53mpg at the moment, with some careful driving.

I'm going to disagree with IBW, I like the electric windows, I find them very precise in operation, and a step above the Toyota's I own. Only had the driver's window pop off the regulator, and it was a minor fix.

That said, its rear seat is small. Yes, people fit; but I like the car because it fits me like a glove. It fits my family less well. Not enough space for the two kids, the dog and then all the junk the kids drag along. We were so glad when they got out of the huge car seats, those barely fit.

I haven't tried the other models, so perhaps I'm unfortunately biased.

powerfool

Veteran Member
TDI
None anymore
I like mine, but the previous owner really trashed the interior, so that always taints my opinion. Once I finally get done with the mechanical items (normal maintenance for a 190k mile vehicle with all original stuff... suspension, brakes, etc), then I will focus on the looks and annoyances.

I am think a new GTD next year, though... or a Golf w/ Bluemotion. Still considering pulling the trigger on the Touareg to replace the wife's Traverse, but she isn't driving as much any more and losing a third-row is a setback (only option to keep all of that is the Audi Q7 TDI... but that is a huge price jump). If the Cross Blue ever materializes, then we could go that route, as there are three rows there. We will see... if they have the Tiguan in TDI soon (considering the Q5 is now in TDI here in NA), then there are fewer reasons for folks to get the T'reg... they have the same number of seats, just less roomy, and the T'reg has a better towing capacity... not a whole lot different and I have to imaging the Tiguan/Q5 have superior fuel economy to the larger T'reg/Q7/Cayenne.

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
2003 if your a decent mechanic as simple issues can be easly fixed.
2013 if you use fuel additives and try to get lucky with quality fuel use.