Floor mats for 02 jetta question

GECKO 5

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Auto, Dark Blue
Hi all,

I am looking for a good set of floor mats for the front of our jetta. I like the design of these :

floor mats

However they state that they are only for jettas up to 01's. Anyone know of a good supplier on the Canadian side that provide mats that give good coverage (I.E. over the foot rest, up on the sides,etc...)

Thanks,
G

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Don't know if you'll find anything that goes over the foot rest but THESE have been in my car for 2 years and they're great. Never had any problems with them and it's amazing how much liquid they can hold. One of my kids dropped an open bottle of Gatorade in the back and the entire thing poured out. I pulled over, unsnapped the mat and poured it out on the side of the road, and then carried on as if nothing happened.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
The molded floor mats from VW are simply their best offering yet. I am pissed they don't offer them for the Passat model line. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

They work so well I leave them in year round and they still appear as new. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
You don't list your car year or model... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

The molded mats from VW are indeed great. They are a 'bathtub' style and cover the foot rest as well. I'm not sure about the 2002 and up version, as listed in DriversGear, but mine are totally liquid-proof and indispensable.

GECKO 5

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Auto, Dark Blue
In my subject... 02 jetta. I will give them a call and see what they have for jettas past 01. I am really looking for something that covers the foot rest, as i find this is the worst place for debris to build up around. Plus the salt that always seems to work its way there during the winter is a real bugger to try and get out.

Diadora

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS - Silver - TDI Of Course
[ QUOTE ]
Ed's TDI said:
Don't know if you'll find anything that goes over the foot rest but THESE have been in my car for 2 years and they're great. Never had any problems with them and it's amazing how much liquid they can hold. One of my kids dropped an open bottle of Gatorade in the back and the entire thing poured out. I pulled over, unsnapped the mat and poured it out on the side of the road, and then carried on as if nothing happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that... Those Monster Mats are awesome! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
[ QUOTE ]
In my subject... 02 jetta.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Snake that bit me...

GECKO 5

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Auto, Dark Blue
I called the dealership and they are $162 for the pair. They will work on my 02 as the floor pan area are the same for 01/02's.

FlyTDI Guy, You mention liquidproof... Do these carpeted bathtub models provide sufficient water retention for your needs? I was actually going to get some cheapo rubber mats as well and put them on top of the bathtub style mats from VW....

Hyates

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD
I have the VW Molded Mats for our Jetta Wagon. I had a set for our 2000 Golf as well. These mats are excellent quality and fit well.

The '04 Jetta Wagon has a different clip on the floor though. The mats come with the round grommets, and won't fit the new twist-lock style floor posts. There is a kit that will adapt them (which I got for no charge) and was a piece of cake to adapt.

Harry.

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
Gecko,

Sorry hadn't looked at this thread in a couple days. Though carpeted, the backing on mine is solid, impenetrable rubber type material. The only penetrations are where the 'snaps' go through. I could probably spill a quart or more of stuff in the fronts and it would never get to the carpet underneath. These things are totally waterproof. You'd probably have to wet-vac it out though. I don't know how you'd get the mat out without spilling it. I haven't felt the need for anything else over the top of these. My drivers side needs a good cleaning today. I'll try and get some good shots for you.

P.S. $162... OUCH. I paid around $100 for mine (set of 4, front and rear). Things have gone up over at VW it would seem...

P.S. Autohaus AZ ( http://www.autohausaz.com ) lists the VW part number as a stocking item but no info or pricing is available online. I would call them, or Impex, or other genuine VW parts suppliers and shop price on these things. As for the 2002 being the same as 2001, sorry couldn't tell you.

P.S.S. HAH... Impex has them for $93.xx . Master shopper scores again... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://www.impexfap.com/partlist.cfm?getpart=7686&PARTNUMBERSEARCH=ZVW380201#part7686

GECKO 5

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Auto, Dark Blue
Hi FlyTDI Guy,

I am guessing that the prices you are quoting from Impex are in US funds? Keeping this in mind, if i were to go with impex :

$93 US = $121CDN (Not including the US taxes)
app. 30US for shipping = $39CDN
Duties. = app. $20CDN

Total = $180CDN. give or take. So, i am probably better off to buy locally than take the impex route. At least if there is a problem, i can deal with a local dealer, as opposed to a dealer thousands of miles away.

Thanks for the links/help /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers,
G

pushgears

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 A3 TDI
I paid 74.75 US + 8.95 shipping from Auburn VW in Auburn, Washington, telephone (888) 528-5280 or (253) 833-4940. They weigh about 4x as much as the original stock mats! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif