Snow Tire Deal 205/55/16

DubmyRUCA

TDI
12' 4dr Golf TDI
Discount Tire
I normally wouldn't want to clutter the forum with this kind of stuff but this is a pretty good deal that is a direct fit for some and fit the stock VW steelies for those of us who got 17's stock and want to pick up a dedicated winter set of wheels.
$98 each - $40 instant cpn - 2 $50 rebates = $61 each with Free shipping. I got these last year for a tiny bit cheaper and they performed extremely well though some deep snow. After running ~7-8k miles last season they still show between 11-12/32nds.

EDIT Forgot to mention that the second $50 off giftcard requires you to sign up for their credit card. I did it last year, paid it off a few days after i got the invoice and closed the account.

Last edited:

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Going by the reviews I've read on these tires they are THE BEST bang for the buck for snow tires. Yes there are others that are better for such and such. However, for WINTER driving these are the ones to go for and not kill your wallet in the process :cool:

RomanL

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 GOLF TDI
i have General Arctic Altimax,
and i really do like them ALOT. they work great in snow and do well on dry pavement as well.

i got my first set the very first winter i picked up my GOLF in 2010, while still living in So. Cal. i used them only for trips to N.Cal and to CO
last season i got another set of the same tires when i moved to CO and moved my old set onto my g/f 07 Rabbit.

both sets are 15's and fit perfectly on both vehicles.

its a really really good tire and for the price you simply can not go wrong

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I scored 4 rims from lkq for $10 each, and bought the cheapest snow grips I could find that'll accept studs.

Curious to see how this wagon handles with carbide pokies.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
Dang, I bought my Altimaxes too early!

drshaws

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI 6MT
I had those on Subarus I've owned. Wanted a set for my 13 Passat TDI when we blew two of the OEM Hankooks - had to settle for Firestone snows (Admittedly not a bad tire for the price).

Will be looking to pick these up for our 14 JSW. Good find.

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
Pick mine up on Monday( had them delivered to DTD store)
. Luckily I scored a set of 16"VW Alloys last year with a few scratches for $125 (same as what's on car now)

MichVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW DSG. 2011 Golf TDI 4DR 6MT
Wish I had seen this earlier. I just dropped some serious Money on a set of OEM 15" steel wheels and 195/65/15 Nokian Hakkapelita R2's. I am sure I will have a great set-up, but my wallet is empty.

Tintman718

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf (5-spd), '10 Golf (6-spd), '12 Touareg
Sears also carries this tire. Shipping is free and installation/balance is about $65. The down-side is that you need to take your car to Sears.