Exhaust pressure control valve stuck!!!

Vw Mike

TDI
2011 jsw tdi
Hey there! I'm sure this has been a beat up topic, but I have a few questions about the exhaust pressure control valve.
1- is there truth to the fact that vw extended the warranty of this part to 10yrs/100k miles?
2- has anyone found a way (modification) to keep the cel from coming on? My car seems to get better mpg when this valve is stuck open!!
3- is there a way to service this valve? Possibly lube it at an oil change interval?
Thanks for any help. I've had VWs since I could drive but I'm new to the tdi. I'm a mechanic also, but have never worked on tdi engines. So I'm learning!! Mike

Btw, my car is a 2011 jetta sportwagen tdi with dsg trans
100k miles.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
Yes....I got a letter saying the warranty on the valve was extended, from memory I think the letter said 110,000 miles. The new valve is built a little more robust I have heard here on posts. The valve is easy to remove. 2 clamps and a elec connector. Removed, cleaned, lubed (hi temp lube) re-installed the valve on 2 cars in less that an hour. You can see the valve under the car below the passenger front seat. The valves tend to fail more in areas that use winter road salt.

My car spent 3 years in seattle and my valve looked more corroded up than the other 09 cars valve that has spent its entire life in Vegas. his looked brand new.

The clamps on our car used a metric allen wrench to remove and instal

kyle_h

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI Execline R-Line
Give your VIN and they can run is in Elsa and tell you if your car has the warranty. Yes, your car will get better fuel economy, but at what cost? Your DPF will not regen with a pooched exhaust flap, so you might want to fix the exhaust flap before your soot level reaches 40grams

Spindrift

TDI
2010 Jetta
Don't mean to hijack but is the valve between the exhaust manifold and the cat, or is it after the cat? Thanks.