West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 5th, 2019

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Zzzzzz... Huh? what? a GTG at Kirk's? Love to! I may even be a man of leisure by then, let's make it happen Cap'n!
What....? You might be retiring??

Folks, I'm trying to plan on it, still have a major project going on that I work weekends at, but I am going to try - been trying to get ahold of Jeff Robertson to see if he can commit to a date in early October, but havn't heard back from him yet.

ITSPREZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd
I know there has not been much luck in getting with Jeff (RC) and I would sign up for a new tune if he did make it, but I would attend even if Jeff cannot make it.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Folks,

I'm sad to say that I'm going to have to skip hosting a GTG this fall too - I do promise that next year will be on as I should be in good shape with our project up north. In fact lets pick a date - How about Oct. 14th 2023 ?? Sorry to disappoint you folks, but have had my hands full.

Looking forward to next fall,

Kirk

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
It’s my understanding (through gossip) that Jeff Robertson has retired and no longer does tunes.

ITSPREZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd
I have it in my calendar for 10/14/23!

I have heard the same (gossip), just hoping 🤞
Guess I should start looking for a new tune instead of waiting for another RC 😞

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
I'd like to go. Sooner would be better, but better late than never... If October, it always seems to get too cold. Maybe early Oct?

I'm very certain that Jeff has fallen off the planet. He did a lot of good for a lotta years. More than that, I think he knew what he was doing. But all things must end. It's not like he needs the work.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Aaaaaasssss youuuuuu wiiiiiish!

Kirk, you call the date, I will be there. 14 Oct, 2023 is fine with me... :)

Douglas

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Aaaaaasssss youuuuuu wiiiiiish!

Kirk, you call the date, I will be there. 14 Oct, 2023 is fine with me... :)

Douglas
How about going in on a pair of long johns for Frank?

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Done and done... I'll have all the time in the world.

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Yuuuup! No plow truck driving for me this Winter...

TDI
So far, I'm just fine the way I am, Marty but that's subject to change :eek: AFAIK, my '98 does become an antique or at least a "classic" in '23 so yes, I'll have all the time but it's still hard to get my butt off the couch. Maybe after I get used to this leisure thing. BTW John, good thoughts heading your way too.

TDI
Geeze! wouldja look at some of these "joined" dates... it's making me feel vintage...

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
I have good reason to come up. I had a customer literally steal a rear bumper cover (That has turned into an epic..). And I WANT IT BACK!

Jmodge--How about going in on a pair of long johns for Frank?
PakProtector--- heck, I'll rig him an 18650 pack for some heated ones if need be... :)
Ok, sounds good to me... LOL🥶

I have been told you are comfortable at the age that you are. That means I should be going to Florida instead of Michigan.

Last edited:

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Geeze! wouldja look at some of these "joined" dates... it's making me feel vintage...
In car years I'm almost vintage. You joined the year I was born😄.

Would love to actually come to a GTG, but with college classes idk that I'd be able to get away. I'll stick around and see what dates are put forth.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
In car years I'm almost vintage. You joined the year I was born😄.

Would love to actually come to a GTG, but with college classes idk that I'd be able to get away. I'll stick around and see what dates are put forth.
Kirk's is on a Saturday, tentatively Oct 14th, that's a bit of a trip for you. It's 10-11 hour trip from the Michigan Keewanau Peninsula. You're young though, you could crank that little diesel up and fly.

ITSPREZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd
Kirk's is on a Saturday, tentatively Oct 14th, that's a bit of a trip for you. It's 10-11 hour trip from the Michigan Keewanau Peninsula. You're young though, you could crank that little diesel up and fly.
Consider finding a few others from your area and along your route to make the drive also and have convoy of TDI’s!

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Consider finding a few others from your area and along your route to make the drive also and have convoy of TDI’s!
I’ll see what I can do

ITSPREZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd
To that point my drive is not so bad coming in from south eastern Indiana (zip code 47006), but I am willing to convoy/caravan with those interested.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Drove to tail of the dragon in a day so im sure I could do it lol. Well see. Main problem is usually my weekends consist of studying then sunday morning church. If I didn't have a ton of studying then i would definitely come for the weekend. Would be neat to meet some of you!

Last edited:

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
To that point my drive is not so bad coming in from south eastern Indiana (zip code 47006), but I am willing to convoy/caravan with those interested.
Actually I'm only 15 miles east of him

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Would love to gather up. I assume you'd be coming North on I-69 and that is not so off my track to find you along the way. You'll be looking for either a black or a white Jetta.

Douglas

ITSPREZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd
Would love to gather up. I assume you'd be coming North on I-69 and that is not so off my track to find you along the way. You'll be looking for either a black or a white Jetta.

Douglas
I have a couple of options including or I-69, let’s try to coordinate a few weeks out from the gtg.