TDIFest 2015

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Sorry to report, but we've had to change plans. So, unfortunately, we will not be attending the 2015 TDI Fest.

As can be seen in the quotes above, we do have reservations at the Rostay Inn which is located about 4.9 miles from the event location.

So, later this week, I'll be cancelling the motel reservations.
That's a bummer you will be missed :(

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Friend/co-worker has a wedding the same weekend of the tdi fest... Soooooooo... Looks like I too might not be able to make it :(

I'll more than likely be at water fest however :D

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Well, we're helping finish off a house re-modeling job for our son and his family. Our goal is to have them moved in by Labor Day weekend. I have to choose between preparing for the TDI Fest or helping family. If the weather had been a little more cooperative back in late winter and early spring (and most recently), I think we could have made it.

I was really looking forward to New England again as well as another attempt to tour parts of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia after the Fest.

The wife is saying we should reward ourselves with a road trip out west in October.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
I'm going up to Prince Edward Island after the fest. Yep, Sunday River is a great way to start a road trip!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'm going up to Prince Edward Island after the fest. Yep, Sunday River is a great way to start a road trip!
That's a great idea. I've been threatening to go to Nova Scotia for years. Just need medical papers for Parker.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Think I will also tack on Nova Scotia if I add a third week to the vacation. It is what, about 1000 miles round trip from Maine?
Two years ago, we drove from the TDI FEST at Newry, Maine over to Acadia National Park on the coast. We stayed there for about three days. Then we went on up the coast (visited Campobello Island Roosevelt) and spent the night in Calais, Maine on the border with Canada. The next day we drove into New Brunswick followed along the coast (Ft St Johns) and ended up at Cape Hopewell where we spent the night. After visiting The Rocks Provincial Park the next morning, we headed for Nova Scotia. Unfortunately, we ran in to loads of rain. They told us at the Visitor Center just over the border in Nova Scotia that the rain would last the next 4 or 5 days.

So, at approximately noon, we head back to the USA. We drove Highway 2 back to Woodstock, NB Canada and from there hit I-95 back into Maine. We made it all the way to Waterville, Maine by about 8:30 pm.

So, visits to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island are all doable from the TDI Fest ....... so, sorry we are going to miss it!

Lug_Nut

TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I was waiting for someone to say this.......Usually Jon Bartlett ...you will see or not.....;)
I figured that everyone else also recognized the pattern and that I didn't need to point it out yet again.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Think I will also tack on Nova Scotia if I add a third week to the vacation. It is what, about 1000 miles round trip from Maine?
Yes, it's about 1K miles round trip and well worth the drive, just make sure you have your passports. I don't know if you camp or not but the camping out there is excellent and there are a few places you can get right on the water. I have more than enough camping gear to lend if needed.

We have plenty of spare room and you're welcome to use our house as a base from which to sightsee, and I can take some time off for tours of the local area. No need to spend extra for hotel rooms and eating out if you don't want. We can also hook you up with acoutrements that would make your excursions more enjoyable. Maine is great that time of year and worth taking the time to visit.

We just got back from visiting relatives on PEI and go there 3-4 times per year. Even coming from Maine it's a spectacular place to visit and worth the 7-8 hour drive each way.

Last edited:

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Yes, it's about 1K miles round trip and well worth the drive, just make sure you have your passports. I don't know if you camp or not but the camping out there is excellent and there are a few places you can get right on the water. I have more than enough camping gear to lend if needed.

We have plenty of spare room and you're welcome to use our house as a base from which to sightsee, and I can take some time off for tours of the local area. No need to spend extra for hotel rooms and eating out if you don't want. We can also hook you up with acoutrements that would make your excursions more enjoyable. Maine is great that time of year and worth taking the time to visit.

We just got back from visiting relatives on PEI and go there 3-4 times per year. Even coming from Maine it's a spectacular place to visit and worth the 7-8 hour drive each way.
I just may take you up on some of that. Camping is not something Anita will tolerate any more, unless it is at a Holiday Inn or the like. Even driving across the country and back is not anything she wants to do. She may go one way with me, but not both ways. She likely will drive to Montreal with me and then fly home or fly to Italy and spend some time with family there. Looks like I will be driving by myself most of the way. Which is fine. I would not mind tossing the tent/sleeping bag, etc in the wagon. Even toying with getting and older Coleman tent trailer for the trip.

One thing I need to look at this year is a cruise from Boston to Montreal. Could be a good way to sample the Maritime Provinces. Fly into Boston, take a cruise to Montreal. The TDIFest could fit very nicely into that trip. Kind of hopped to do that in 2013, but it did not happen. Montreal is only a couple of hundred miles from Newry, Maine. Anita would go for that, no problem.

Last edited:

BeetleGo

TDI
Is it just me? I am trying to register. I made the arrangements for my room, registered what kind of user I am (you need a 'hopeless' category!), and I am now trying to say the meals that I want, the Mt. Washington drive, and zip line if they've got it.

WHERE?!

BeetleGo

TDI
Where do I say which meal/event I want to attend?

BeetleGo

TDI
Ok, and why has my avatar switched to PeterV's?!

Lug_Nut

TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
That's a great idea. I've been threatening to go to Nova Scotia for years. Just need medical papers for Parker.
And I'm trying to decide if to go the week before, or the week after....

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
As I previously posted, unfortunately, we will not be attending the 2015 TDI Fest.

So, this morning I canceled reservations at the Rostay motel which is located 4.9 miles from the event hotel and 1.7 miles from downtown Bethel. We had reservations there because we would have been bringing our Schnauzer along.

If anyone is needing a room away from the event hotel, from what I have read about the Rostay and others have stated, it appears to be a good place to stay.

As I recall, the rate is $1 less than the event hotel for Friday and Saturday night with a $20.00 drop for Sunday night.

http://www.rostay.com/rates.htm

Address: 186 Mayville Rd, Bethel, ME 04217
Phone:(207) 824-3111

They do own a TDI and as I understand, it is for sale (03 Jetta I believe.).

I'm sorry we cannot attend the event!

rangeroad

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 GLS Jetta Wagon (5-speed) Malone 1.5 w/ EGR delete
Reading up on the TDI fest and am thinking of going. Caught a few posts here about folks wanting to check out Nova Scotia. I would like to promote this beautiful province as best I can....it's great! However, you will encounter:

the.worst.roads.in.NorthAmerica.,
especially in the Halifax area.

Don't say I didn't warn ya! ; )

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
You have obviously never been to Maine, where we have statewide contest to see who has the worst roads. They put a thin coat of paint on them every 6 years but that's not close to being enough. Couple the crappy job with frost heaves due to deep freezes and ledge, and some roads are almost impassable.