2012 Passat Wiper Blades

rotts4u

Veteran Member
TDI
None
By the time you add shipping, Amazon Prime is cheaper. N/C shipping. Prob is: WILL THEY FIT?

Mine did not fit exactly. I ordered them from Amazon and they are close but the connector on the wiper is too wide for my early 2013 model Passat. My dealer advised that there are two different arms. I guess I am gonna have to pony up to the dealer for $50 for the pair

FormerOwner

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6spd; Former Owner 02 MkIV wagon
Y'all need to quit bellyaching and either pony up the ? to buy the new ones or do without.

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
I have 2 years and 54K miles on my original blades and they are just now starting to need replacement. I will pay the extra for OEM blades if I can get that sort of life out of them.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Mine did not fit exactly. I ordered them from Amazon and they are close but the connector on the wiper is too wide for my early 2013 model Passat. My dealer advised that there are two different arms. I guess I am gonna have to pony up to the dealer for $50 for the pair
...uhhh....$50/pair is pretty high. Tell them you can get them cheaper on the internet, I'll bet they'll lower the price.

Palouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE/sunroof, DSG
x3

I just bought a set of OEMs (Valeo) from IDParts.com and they fit perfectly.
I made a comment way back (#81).

For what it is worth: for the 2012 TDI Passat the OEM blades are made by Valeo.
:cool:
My originals were replaced by the dealer at the 30K service--NO charge. I then bought a pair when they were on sale last fall.

rotts4u

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I found that mine will accept the trico adapter. The driver side fit perfectly but the passenger one didn't want to clip in. I kept fooling with it and if you reach under the connector and push and pull on the tip it will finally snap in place. They work so much better than the stock ones.

TurboDieselPoint

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6-Speed Manual
So are the 2014 wiper blade connectors different from the earlier Passat's wiper connectors?

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I found that mine will accept the trico adapter. The driver side fit perfectly but the passenger one didn't want to clip in. I kept fooling with it and if you reach under the connector and push and pull on the tip it will finally snap in place. They work so much better than the stock ones.
Part number?

Fav40

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL (BB 2/17/17) 2017 Passat V6 SEL Premium
Bought my 14' in 11/13' and bought the Valeo and Trico winter versions shortly after. I've always kept spare wipers in my possession for winter duty.

I used the Valeo over the harsh winter months. Took them off, cleaned em up and put the on the shelf next to the un-opened Tricos.

I'm still running the originals, but I clean/whip them every couple of weeks and re-treat the windshield with rain-X.

Cleaning wiper blades is something most people don't know or think about. Vastly improves performance and life, imo.

Stock wipers look the best.

Justinw303

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE DSG w/ Sunroof
Unless your blade is ripped you may not have to change it. When I bought my '84 GLI new the salesman showed me a wiper trick I have used for 30 years. Take a cotton cloth and spray glass cleaner on it, small spot the size of a quarter. Now take the cloth and grab one end of the blade squeegee which touches the glass. Pinch that contact edge with the cloth/cleaner and draw slowly toward you cleaning, removing and "sharpening" the contact edge. You can feel a bit of grit, bug and contaminent, the cloth will show two black marks. Select a new clean area of cloth, spray and repeat a couple of times. The secret is pinching the edge which touches the glass.

You are in effect cutting a new wiper blade edge and renewing your blade(s). I may do this 3-4 times a year. I get 35-50k miles (~1-1.5 yrs) from my blades in 4 season mid Atlantic weather. Try it, you'll like it, John
This right here!!! ^^^^

People, maintain your wiper blades properly and they'll last a hell of a lot longer, stay streak free, and quiet! You can't just keep a filthy windshield and wiper blades and expect to get the full value from those blades if you throw them out as soon as they aren't perfect anymore. Invest in some Invisible Glass from Stoner's, and some Rain-X, and you'll have the best possible visibility in inclement weather.

pparks1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
When i got rid of my 2002 VW Passat GLX in 2013, I was only on my 3rd set of wiper blades. My current 2013 TDI went through a crazy winter last year and is coming up on winter again and my blades are working like brand new.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm with pparks1. I get very good service from OEM from the dealer.
White Passat: I've never paid anywhere NEAR $30/ea for them. Find a good internet price (OEM) and ask your dealer to match it, or at least come close to matching it.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
White Passat: I've never paid anywhere NEAR $30/ea for them. Find a good internet price (OEM) and ask your dealer to match it, or at least come close to matching it.
You've bought what...? One set of wiper blades? ;)

White Passat

Veteran Member
TDI
CPO 2013 Passat TDI SEL June 2012 build date Purchased 09/14/14
OEM wiper blades

Thanks, I have heard mixed reviews on the OEM blades.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
VeeDubTDI: I didn't buy blades for my "white Passat". I was responding to the post by White Passat. (I think that's what you meant!)

cj42

TDI
80 Rabbit,84 jetta,85 Jetta,03 Cummins, 2012 Passat SE 6MT Tdi
Just an update I got about a year out of the onyx beam blades. For me these worked great and are just starting to slightly streak now so I just had them put on. These aren't the easiest to put on only because you need to take the stock plastic insert that is installed on the onyx blade and replace it with the supplied plastic insert provided in the package. Then you have to remove a small plastic piece one that insert before sliding it in.. Needless to say it's easier to just have advance auto to put them on.

dogger37

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 passat
I just put the onyx blades on as well. Had to trim a few hairs off the center locking piece with a razor to get them to click in perfectly.

Brad95

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE Manual since 09/28/12-04/05/18, 2015 Passat TDI SE Manual Since 03/29/2018
i purchased PIAA 94060 silicone replacement wiper blade refill (2) from Amazon ($24).http://www.amazon.com/94060-Silicon...TF8&qid=1450584028&sr=8-1&keywords=PIAA+94060 had to trim few inches off the end on passenger side. it does not have spine on top like oem blades. used stock carriers and rails, lubricated blades & rails with silicone before sliding on. have been using for almost two weeks without any problem.

followed instructions from other member in JSW forum http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=412650

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
The VW blades for all models hold up well and aren't expensive.

Brad95

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE Manual since 09/28/12-04/05/18, 2015 Passat TDI SE Manual Since 03/29/2018
The VW blades for all models hold up well and aren't expensive.
that's correct! but PIAA blades are made (in Japan) of a high-quality silicone rubber compound that is resistant to all adverse climate conditions.Silicone rubber lasts at least 2x longer than traditional blades hence Long-term costs are lower due to outstanding durability.

Last edited:

767wrench

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Rabbit Pickup
Just did mine for the first time on my 2012! So Bosch Icon will fit but theres a catch lol. I bought the regular Bosch Icon which is listed to fit the 12 Passat according to the book at Walmart. Got them home and opened one up and its not even close to fitting. So I called Bosch. They informed me that the part number on the bosch icon is OE24 and OE19 which is what I had. HOWEVER, only the Bosch Icon OE 24 and OE19 labeled 365 Clear max include adapters for the passat. Same part number but this one says Clear max 365 and has a little shield on the package. My local Autozone had the Clear max 365's. You have to change out the plastic piece per the instructions and they fit like a glove. It was piece #4 if I remember correctly. They seem to wipe just fine too! No hopping or anything crazy

You want this box with the shield on it

Last edited: