FOR SALE: 2012 Golf TDI w/Tech Package, 4-door, Black

dhectorg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI w/ Tech Package
SOLD: 2012 Golf TDI w/Tech Package, 4-door, Black

SOLD
2012 Volkswagen Golf TDI w/Tech Package, 4-door hatchback, Black, 63663 miles, VIN# WVWNM7AJ3CW215108, One owner, Priced to sell: $15500
FACTORY EQUIPMENT
> 4cyl 2.0 140hp/236lb-ft torque, turbo diesel, 38 city/45 highway
> 6-speed manual transmission
> Navigation system with 5” touch screen
> Dynaudio premium sound: 8 speakers/300 watts, USB port, SD card slot
> Power sunroof with tilt and retractable shade
> Heated seats, 3 levels
> Keyless entry and push-button start
> Xenon adaptive headlights
> LED daytime running lights
> Halogen fog lights
> OEM Carpeted floor mats
> New tires at 55623 miles, Continental ExtremeContact DWS06
> Full-size spare tire
> MSRP $29110
AFTERMARKET UPGRADES & EXTRAS
> Golf R style tinted LED tail lights w/ rear fog light, $400
> European OEM headlight switch (for city lights/rear fog), $56
> Xpel Ultimate paint protection on entire front of car, $900
> FormulaOne Pinnacle Series ceramic window tint (50/35), $420
> LED interior lighting, white overhead and red footwell, $60
> Auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink garage opener, $210
> OEM all-weather floor mats with “TDI” logo, $91
> OEM splash guards, $106
> Weathertech side window rain guards, $115
> Tinted side marker lenses, $40
> Lower front grille with silver trim, license plate mounts, $45
> 6 liters Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W30 synthetic engine oil, $60
> 1 gallon Opti-Lube XPD diesel fuel additive, $55
> In-cabin pollen filter, $15
That’s a total of $2558 in high quality upgrades and extras!
Minor blemishes include:
-2 Small stone chips on lower passenger side of windshield
-Small stone chip driver door
-One wheel is moderately scuffed
-Minor wear on protective film covering hood/bumper, paint underneath is perfect
-2 stone chips on passenger side rocker panel
THIS CAR HAS NOT RECEIVED ECM SOFTWARE UPDATE #23O6 FROM VW AND WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY SOFTWARE UPDATES PRIOR TO SALE. I’ll leave that up to the new owner to decide.
I have personally performed all scheduled maintenance on this car, so I know it's been done to the correct specs and with quality parts. I will provide a detailed spreadsheet showing all maintenance I have performed on the car since new. This car has been extremely well maintained, TDIs last for many 100000s of miles with proper maintenance. This one is in excellent condition and runs perfectly. The car has also never been driven in snow or salt. NADA's current retail value on this car is $17800, and that doesn't include the many upgrades. The price of $15500 a steal, but I will entertain serious offers. You must see this car to fully appreciate it!
PLEASE SEE PHOTOS HERE: https://youngstown.craigslist.org/cto/5240533636.html
I have a loan balance on the car with VW Credit, so buyer will have to submit the payoff amount directly to them in order to obtain the title, and submit only the balance of the sale price to me. If you are financing, your bank will take care of this.
Please message me with any questions or to setup a viewing. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

dslman

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta, 2000 GOLF, 2013 Touareg, 2015 Q5
2012 Volkswagen Golf TDI w/Tech Package, 4-door hatchback, Black, 63249 miles, VIN# WVWNM7AJ3CW215108, One owner, Priced to sell: $15500 (firm)
FACTORY EQUIPMENT
> 4cyl 2.0 140hp/236lb-ft torque, turbo diesel, 38 city/45 highway
> 6-speed manual transmission
> Navigation system with 5” touch screen
> Dynaudio premium sound: 8 speakers/300 watts, USB port, SD card slot
> Power sunroof with tilt and retractable shade
> Heated seats, 3 levels
> Keyless entry and push-button start
> Xenon adaptive headlights
> LED daytime running lights
> Halogen fog lights
> OEM Carpeted floor mats
> New tires at 55623 miles, Continental ExtremeContact DWS06
> Full-size spare tire
> MSRP $29110
AFTERMARKET UPGRADES & EXTRAS
> Golf R style tinted LED tail lights w/ rear fog light, $400
> European OEM headlight switch (for city lights/rear fog), $56
> Xpel Ultimate paint protection on entire front of car, $900
> FormulaOne Pinnacle Series ceramic window tint (50/35), $420
> LED interior lighting, white overhead and red footwell, $60
> Auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink garage opener, $210
> OEM all-weather floor mats with “TDI” logo, $91
> OEM splash guards, $106
> Weathertech side window rain guards, $115
> Tinted side marker lenses, $40
> Lower front grille with silver trim and license plate mounts, $45
> 6 liters Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W30 synthetic engine oil, $60
> 1 gallon Opti-Lube XPD diesel fuel additive, $55
> In-cabin pollen filter, $15
That’s a total of $2558 in high quality upgrades and extras!
Minor blemishes include:
-2 Small stone chips on lower passenger side of windshield
-Small stone chip driver door
-One wheel is moderately scuffed
-Some minor wear on protective film covering hood, but paint underneath is perfect
THIS CAR HAS NOT RECEIVED ECM SOFTWARE UPDATE #23O6 FROM VW AND WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY SOFTWARE UPDATES PRIOR TO SALE. I’ll leave that up to the new owner to decide.
I have personally performed all scheduled maintenance on this car, so I know it's been done to the correct specs and with quality parts. I will provide a detailed spreadsheet showing all maintenance I have performed on the car since new. This car has been extremely well maintained, TDIs last for many 100000s of miles with proper maintenance. This one is in excellent condition and runs perfectly. The car has also never been driven in snow or salt. NADA's current retail value on this car is $17800, and that doesn't include the many upgrades. The price of $15500 is firm...and a steal! You must see this car to fully appreciate it! Please see photos here: https://youngstown.craigslist.org/cto/5240533636.html
I have a loan balance on the car with VW Credit, so buyer will have to submit the payoff amount directly to them in order to obtain the title, and submit only the balance of the sale price to me. If you are financing, your bank will take care of this.
Please message me with any questions or to setup a viewing. Thanks for looking!
NADA Values are high, although WAY better than KBB ridiculous inflated online values, Edumunds.com is more accurate.

The TRUE REAL guide to car values is KBB THE BOOK, NOT THE ONLINE Values which are way out of this world too high and inaccurate as can be.

I sold a 2011 Golf TDI a few years ago with 59,000 miles before all this Dieselgate BS and the Edmunds Trade-in value at that time was listed at $15,625. It took over a month to sell it at Dealer Trade in price, and a Car Dealer from Los Angeles is the one who bought it for resale.

New cars are a huge money hole, they loose money just existing.
My Aunt bought a brand new 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid back in October 2011 fully loaded for over $30+ grand. This car is in absolutely immaculate showroom condition and here we are 4 years later and it only has 7000 miles on it. The thing is flawless.

It's only worth $14,388 today, and will drop a few thousand dollars a year even if it stays exactly the same condition, unused & with the same miles.

New Cars are a total waste of your money unless you keep it and drive it forever.

I bought a 2004 ALH TDI in Mint Condition back in 2006 for $8500 with 79000 miles & sold it only 3 years later for $13,500 because at that time TDI's were in very high demand because VW stopped selling them for 2007-2008 when they were working on how to make the new ones pass the new ridiculous emissions standard for 2008.

As we know now that was when they made the fatal decision to cheat in order to save $500 per car & not adding Urea Injection, but at any rate, New Cars are a HUGE waste of your hard earned cash no matter what brand it is. The only thing WORSE than a new car is a BOAT, which stands for: Bust Out Another Thousand!

dhectorg

Veteran Member
TDI
NADA Values are high, although WAY better than KBB ridiculous inflated online values, Edumunds.com is more accurate.
The TRUE REAL guide to car values is KBB THE BOOK, NOT THE ONLINE Values which are way out of this world too high and inaccurate as can be.
I sold a 2011 Golf TDI a few years ago with 59,000 miles before all this Dieselgate BS and the Edmunds Trade-in value at that time was listed at $15,625. It took over a month to sell it at Dealer Trade in price, and a Car Dealer from Los Angeles is the one who bought it for resale.
New cars are a huge money hole, they loose money just existing.
My Aunt bought a brand new 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid back in October 2011 fully loaded for over $30+ grand. This car is in absolutely immaculate showroom condition and here we are 4 years later and it only has 7000 miles on it. The thing is flawless.
It's only worth $14,388 today, and will drop a few thousand dollars a year even if it stays exactly the same condition, unused & with the same miles.
New Cars are a total waste of your money unless you keep it and drive it forever.
I bought a 2004 ALH TDI in Mint Condition back in 2006 for $8500 with 79000 miles & sold it only 3 years later for $13,500 because at that time TDI's were in very high demand because VW stopped selling them for 2007-2008 when they were working on how to make the new ones pass the new ridiculous emissions standard for 2008.
As we know now that was when they made the fatal decision to cheat in order to save $500 per car & not adding Urea Injection, but at any rate, New Cars are a HUGE waste of your hard earned cash no matter what brand it is. The only thing WORSE than a new car is a BOAT, which stands for: Bust Out Another Thousand!
If not for the VW emissions fiasco, I would fully expect to get $17000 for this car. A dealer would be asking $18000. However, as you can see, I'm only asking $15500, to allow for any possible loss in confidence in VW. In any case, this price is an absolute steal for such a clean, well-equipped, well-maintained car.

You trying to sabotage my ad or what? :confused:

dslman

Veteran Member
TDI
KBB Online, and all online Value Estimators (Nada and Edmunds) estimate too high.

If you want an accurate value, you need to look it up in a REAL Kelly Blue Book. It doesn't matter what brand, model car truck, the REAL Kelly Blue Book is accurate, all the online value estimators for all cars across all brands and models is NOT ACCURATE, they're too high.

dhectorg

Veteran Member
TDI
KBB Online, and all online Value Estimators (Nada and Edmunds) estimate too high.
If you want an accurate value, you need to look it up in a REAL Kelly Blue Book. It doesn't matter what brand, model car truck, the REAL Kelly Blue Book is accurate, all the online value estimators for all cars across all brands and models is NOT ACCURATE, they're too high.
This is not the 1st car that I've sold privately. I know what it's worth and I actually have it priced lower than I would if VW hadn't screwed up so massively. Also, everyone knows KBB online estimates ridiculously low and NADA is slightly high, which is why I don't use either of them. I come up with my own price taking many things into account. The value of a car is subjective, especially one that is super clean and has customizations like this one. Often it's just a matter of finding the right buyer who will appreciate it. In any case, the price on this car is excellent and almost everyone who has inquired agrees. In fact, you're the ONLY person that's complained and you don't even appear to be interested in buying it. So I ask again, what is the point of crapping all over my ad?

Bottom line, if someone wants to make a serious offer, I'm all ears.

Last edited:

dslman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI GOLF with 49,000 miles

In January 2015 we were selling a good clean 2door 2011 TDI GOLF DSG with Moonroof & only 49,000 miles.
Here's a picture of it:

Remember now this was back in January 2015 long before Dieselgate.
At that time, KBB said:
TRADE IN TO DEALER=
$12,400 to $13,300
Private Party=
$14,750
We tried all month long to sell it for $13,500, never even received a single contact! Dead as a doornail! It was listed for a month on Craigs List and TDI Club, in fact here's the posts from January on TDICLUB, which we edited everything out after we absolutely could not sell the car at all.
Back in January:
HERE
HERE
and
HERE
We could not sell this car after a month of trying.
A year prior to this I sold a friends RED 1999&1/2 Mint Condition MK3 TDI Jetta 139,000 miles for $4500 the first day we posted it on CraigsList, and the phone kept ringing off the wall for a week even after I removed the ad.
That old MK3 TDI sold right away for double what KBB claimed it was worth.

2 years ago KBB said that a MK3 Jetta TDI with 139,000 miles was only worth $1800 for Trade in to a Dealer, & $2800 for sale to Private Party.

BUT, It actually sold for 61% more than KBB claimed as Private Party Value, and a whopping 150+% higher than their claimed Trade In value.

It was then when I realized only the older TDI's have astronomical Resale Value, compared with online value estimators.

And finally, The same exact car with a Gasoline engine is worth well well below what all Online values say they are worth.

Last edited:

dhectorg

Veteran Member
TDI
In January 2015 we were selling a good clean 2door 2011 TDI GOLF DSG with Moonroof & only $49,000 miles.
Here's a picture of it:

Remember now this was back in January 2015 long before Dieselgate.
At that time, KBB said:
TRADE IN TO DEALER=
$12,400 to $13,300
Private Party=
$14,750
We tried all month long to sell it for $13,500, never even received a single contact! Dead as a doornail! It was listed for a month on Craigs List and TDI Club, in fact here's the posts from January on TDICLUB, which we edited everything out after we absolutely could not sell the car at all.
Back in January:
HERE
HERE
and
HERE
We could not sell this car after a month of trying.
A year prior to this I sold a friends RED 1999&1/2 Mint Condition MK3 TDI Jetta 139,000 miles for $4500 the first day we posted it on CraigsList, and the phone kept ringing off the wall for a week even after I removed the ad.
That old MK3 TDI sold right away for double what KBB claimed it was worth.

2 years ago KBB said that a MK3 Jetta TDI with 139,000 miles was only worth $1800 for Trade in to a Dealer, & $2800 for sale to Private Party.

BUT, It actually sold for 61% more than KBB claimed as Private Party Value, and a whopping 150+% higher than their claimed Trade In value.

It was then when I realized only the older TDI's have astronomical Resale Value, compared with online value estimators.

And finally, The same exact car with a Gasoline engine is worth well well below what all Online values say they are worth.
Seems like you're just trying to pass your sour grapes on to me. I'm sorry you're car didn't sell, but that isn't my problem and it certainly isn't appropriate to discuss ON MY AD. Now please, drop this nonsense or I'll have to report you to the mods.

dslman

Veteran Member
TDI
The Reason you can't sell it does not have as much to do with Dieselgate, it has to do with the car listed for a lot more than it really is worth. I see this all the time, FORD, VW, DODGE, CHEVY, BMW, You name it!
A Vehicle is worth what people will pay for it, and it's Trade-in/Private Party value is estimated by what similar models are selling for at dealer auctions.
Dieselgate obviously makes it even worse, but from what I've seen it's not as bad as people think from what I've seen at auctions.
I believe 2016 will be the last year VW offers TDI's in small cars for North America, & ALL Small Diesel cars for that matter... thanks to Dieselgate.
VW is going to re-apply for certification to allow dealers to sell current inventory of 2015-16 TDI models, but 2017 on I don't think there will be anymore more Diesels offered by VW or anyone, unless there's REALLY CRAZY DEMAND for them, which could be, but it would have to be a LOT of people really wanting it, MORE than there were even before all of this.
I hope I'm wrong, but I think Diesels will only be offered in Trucks/SUVs) (Obviously) & if true, Jetta, Golf, Wagons & Passat TDI's will eventually become rarer as time marches on, eventually their values will soar higher and higher.
It's happening right now with older VW Rabbit Diesels, VERY RARE in really good condition they're selling for more than they cost new, especially the Caddy diesel Pickups.

dslman

Veteran Member
TDI
Seems like you're just trying to pass your sour grapes on to me. I'm sorry you're car didn't sell, but that isn't my problem and it certainly isn't appropriate to discuss ON MY AD. Now please, drop this nonsense or I'll have to report you to the mods.
That TDI is long gone, we sold it back in January to a Car Dealer in LosAngeles, they already turned around and sold it. I have no idea where it is now.

dhectorg

Veteran Member
TDI
That TDI is long gone, we sold it back in January to a Car Dealer in LosAngeles, they already turned around and sold it. I have no idea where it is now.
How many different ways do I need to say that my car is not your concern? What is wrong with you?

mx07gt

Veteran Member
TDI
B5 Passat TDI
This car is SOOO tempting, such a shame its so far away. If it was at least in Texas i'd be all over it.

dslman

Veteran Member
TDI
Not so.

The price you have your car listed at IS a steal. I know because I have the exact same car, it's even the same Year. I would buy your car right now at the price you have even though I'm 2300 miles away, it's especially a good deal for me because cars have a higher resale value in So Cal than they do where you are.

If I could afford to wait it out, I would buy this golf right now, park it in the garage, wait a year, then sell it for more money.

Right now has got to be the worst time to sell it.