WTB: 2003-2005 TDI Wagon, manual - San Francisco/Bay Area

paulm

TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon, Manual
Hey all, I just missed a very nice condition 2003 Jetta Wagon manual with 217K miles on it with top notch maintenance. Looking for the same. ALH or BEW - as long as it has a really good maintenance history miles do not matter. My commute will be increasing and my 250K 2.8 Audi A6 Avant just drinks gas (although I would love to swap an ALH into the C5 body since they had them in Europe - but CARB does not seem to be into that idea)

I have played with the idea of a 09-12 CR TDI SportWagen.. but until the fix is issued I would rather not touch it. With all I have read CARB here in CA will make it a pain and enforce the likely worse MPG and more maintenance heavy (DPF, etc) "solution"

PM me with any prospects.

-Paul

paulm

TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon, Manual
Still looking for a solid wagon in the Bay Area - tdi-eyed may have sold his it to a family member. And another member contacted me but still needs to ship across the country. Let me know if anyone is interested in selling to a caring and mechanically savvy home, as I plan on keeping this TDI for a long time!

-Paul

paulm

TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon, Manual
Thanks InSaNeBoY - that looks like a very nice 2003 Wagon. Are the GLi headlights a nice upgrade for light output?

I actually just purchased a 2005 manual Jetta Wagon 3.5 hours north of me for a great price, and it is just 192K miles young. Looking forward to TDI ownership and will be reading a lot about it. I'll be knocking out the timing belt myself in 10K miles, I have done it for a few Audi gassers, and don't anticipate it being any more confusing than them - especially with such a great community as this.

InSaNeBoY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
GLi lights are black around the sides and adds integrated fog light, otherwise stock light. Light upgrade came from getting rid of the sand blasted original set with over 150k mi on them. The new ones I got came off a friend's GLi when it only had 1000 miles on it and he had the laminex put on before it left the showroom floor. he upgraded the GLi to factory HID headlights from Europe.