VNT Actuator Electrical Connector

german_cargo

TDI
2004 Golf TDI (328,000 kms)
My actuator connector on my 04 BEW tdi has some wear through on the wires right at the connector. Are these connectors the same on ALH, BEW, and BRM tdis? i.e.: Can I snip one off of any MK4 at the junkyard?

Thanks!

ffemtp

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS TDI Deceased 11/2012, 2004 Jetta GL TDI Sold, 2012 Jetta TDI (Retruned to VW), 2004 Jetta TDI GLS 5spd
They are not the same on the ALH (I don't believe they even have a smart actuator).
The wires are thin, for sure. Repair them if at all possible. YouTube it. I ran into the same issue. If all else fails you will need another BEW actuator as a donor. You cannot buy just the actuator from VW. Brilliant planning on VW's part. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

german_cargo

TDI
2004 Golf TDI (328,000 kms)
Thanks for the links and the help guy! That thread is actually mine from a couple weeks ago... I probably should have just added this question to that thread.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Yes

ALH can use the smart actuator, however, there's no plug on them.
Look in my signature for the terminal release tool how-to and you can look at the plug itself and find a similar plug on any VW anywhere and pull the last foot to splice in.

There are only so many plugs used on VW's and if they look the same inside and out, they are.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk