Clarification needed....

FormerOwner

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6spd; Former Owner 02 MkIV wagon
AdBlue tank capacity...

5 gallons U.S. correct?

FWIW, I put in 2.5 gallons of BlueDef ($11.97 + tax @ Wal-Mart), turned the ignition to "ON" for 60 seconds, and cranked the car. AdBlue message gone (as expected per owner's manual)... reckon how long that 2.5 gallon's gonna last me ?

Gimme your opinions!

kydsid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
I'd say 5k is the safe bet. I think some of us have gotten different adblue usage just like we have different mpg's. I recently did a 10k service and it only took 3 gallons.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
It will last you approximately half as long as the initial fill. ;)

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
AdBlue tank capacity...

5 gallons U.S. correct?

FWIW, I put in 2.5 gallons of BlueDef ($11.97 + tax @ Wal-Mart), turned the ignition to "ON" for 60 seconds, and cranked the car. AdBlue message gone (as expected per owner's manual)... reckon how long that 2.5 gallon's gonna last me ?

Gimme your opinions!
How many miles did you get on the last tank full? Did you have issues getting the Adblue in to the tank?

APT

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL
DEF consumption seems to be directly related to amount of fuel consumed. A friend of mine compared my Passat with his 2012 Silverado dually, most miles pulling a 5th wheel RV at 11mpg. Costs were about the same, about 2% of diesel consumed. DSG people are getting 15k-20k per 5gal, and 6M people use a bit less fuel on average than DSG.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
The Passat's DEF consumption seems to be between 1 and 2% of fuel consumption based on owner reports here.