Oven Rolls and Butter

Salad Bar:
Mixed Fresh Greens
Asparagus and Tomato Salad
Cucumber and feta cheese Salad
Shrimp Salad with Penne Pasta

Entrees:
Chicken Florentine
(Sautee Spinach in a white wine cream sauce)
Seared Mahi-Mahi
(with lemon and dill sauce)
Roasted top Round of Beef

Dill roasted red potatos, rice medly, seasonal vegetables, assorted cheesecakes and fruit pies, coffee and tea.

I hope this meets with everyones approval, I went heavy with the salads because we have several vegetarians, the cost again will be $35.00, children under 12 are half price, I need a RSVP posted to the Awards Banquet thread, I am putting a deposit down and have to know how many we will have to feed, a print out will be made of the thread, if you are on it you have a table, if not, if I can squeeze you in I will. If this presents any kind of financial hardship, please contact me via email, I can work something out. We do not want to leave anyone out. I have endeavored to keep the expense of the event to the bare minimum.

valois

Banned
If the kids are really small we'll let em in free. I have eaten here before the food is good. Arrangements are being made for linen on the tables,(round) with candles. keeping it simple but elegant. A podium is being set up with a sound system so we can hear Fred. Maybe Ric will sing for us.

Ric Woodruff

BANNED, Ric went to Coventry.
valois: can we charge the meal individually, or do we need to bring cash to pay as a group? Also, is the dress pretty much casual? Thanks.

------------------
Ric Woodruff

I tried to contain myself
one time... but I escaped!

1998 Jetta TDI Sport

valois

Banned
We have to pay as a group, I will be designating some volunteer to collect the money, I have to prepay the meal, this is why I have been so insistant on getting an RSVP on the awards Banquet thread. I do not want to have a $500.00 charge against me or carry a large doggy bag home.
The meal is Buffet style, you eat as much as you can or want. of any of the items. Dress attire is recommended, coat and tie or evening dress for the fairer ones.

valois

Banned
It is called Dolphin but it is not a porpice(sp?) It is a pacific fish with scales so it should not be prohibited, unless you are fully orthodox I guess because I doubt the Kitchen is kosher.

Ric Woodruff

BANNED, Ric went to Coventry.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by valois:
Dress attire is recommended, coat and tie or evening dress for the fairer ones.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...but I hate to dress up, and my only suit may not fit me (they tend to shrink hanging in a closet for years. LOL!)

garrettp

Former Chip-Monk
TDI
2000 JEDI
i don't own any dresses...but i guess i could borrow my girlfriends

i volunteer to collect the money

i would also hve to guess that there will be people showing up having not seen these threads at all. i have most of the e-mail addresses if you would like i could send out a huge e-mail to who i have down.

let me know, but i'm still not sure about the dress

garrett P

valois

Banned
DO it garrett! I can use all the help I can get! Z, they remove the scales and the fins for cooking.
Suits are not demanded, they are suggested, far be it from me to dictate to another what they must wear, I am just trying to please the ladies, they tolerate all of us rather well, and they get a kick out of playing dress up.

S

SkyPup

I prefer my Dolphin raw, is the chef familiar with Sushi?

Z-man and Ricster can dine on some fine Southern Suwanne River catfish!
I'll personally perform the kosher duties if need be.

Will my Birthday Suit be considered proper attire? After all, its what I can into this world kicking and screaming in!!!
LOL

mbciii

Veteran Member
I will only eat "free range" mahi-mahi. Please insure that no dolphins get hurt catching my mahi-mahi

And I want my veggies all organic. I want them to have been grown in nothing but the most natural fertilizers!

OK, I'm done now.

VWYankee

Veteran Member
TDI
Sportwagen for her and lil' red wagon for me
Do Baptists not eat certain things? From what I know they eat more than I would, but maybe that's just how picky I am. I mean, I know that they won't eat anywhere that's not an all-you-can-eat southern buffet, but...

Jesting of course!

------------------
VWYankee

'00.5 Silver Jetta GLS TDI
-Luxury/Gray Leather-

Switca

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
Good choices! Even for a cardiac patient looking for low fat stuff!!

I know that Jewish dietary laws and laws about marrying immediate family, do not apply in West Virgina. Do they apply in North Carolina.

------------------
Gregor Switca

Torque is a beautiful thing.

valois

Banned
Again this is buffet so you have your choice of any or all. Osidak was at the Hilton the other night, did you happen to catch a meal there Omar? Hopefully they have retained their quality since the last time I stayed there. Just to give you an idea, there are other restraunts downtown where $50.00 per diner is considered reasonable, so we are getting a really good deal here due to our numbers. If anyone has special dietary concerns please email me, I will endeavor to accomodate your needs through Jennifer at the Hilton. Anyone know of some good prices or are friends with a wine distributor? I would like to buy a case or two for the banquet. There is a little Winery 40 miles north of Wilmington in a town called Rose Hill. It produces local vintages from scuppernog grapes which grow quite well in the sandy soil of the sandhill regions of southeastern North Carolina. It's wine is not widely known but well recieved in knowledgefull circles, I will try to obtain some.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
My dinner isn't vegetarian. My dinner entree used to be!
"I got Mahi-mahi in Wilmington" just doesn't quite have the same cachet as "I got scrod in Boston".

valois

Banned
Catfish has no scales, is verboten by Jewish diatary law. I am try to be as inclusive as possible, no pork on the menu, I do not have any idea if any of our members are Muslim or Jewish or Baptists and wanted to not exclude anyone.

S

SkyPup

good work valois, I am only jesting, when you get people together from everywhere at one time it is difficult to please all. Catfish are bottom feeding scavengers and are therefore off limits, however the Mahi-Mahi is commonly know as Dolphin (not the Flipper mammalian variety, it is illegal to even touch one in the water!) and as such is a tru free ranging pelagic fish, a creature of prey.

[This message has been edited by SkyPup (edited August 25, 2000).]