ASV engine swap with ARL

jpderv

TDI
Leon fr tdi 235bhp 365lbft
Hi guys after some advice I've just recently acquired a mk3 Ibiza 6k2 tdi with the asv engine in it I'm not sure if the model of car is available in the us but.

I'm basically going to buy a donation car so that I have everything there that I might need.

Has anyone ever carried out this kind of an engine transplant on bora golf etc and if so what did you need or anything needing fabricated to make it work etc.
I know ECU and loom are different that side of it is no problem.

Last edited:

jpderv

TDI
Leon fr tdi 235bhp 365lbft
Asv and arl are identical engines bar the injectors, turbo and alloy intake tube...

No they are not asv is ve 110 hp and ARL is pd150 a much much stronger engine different rods different crank different head and cam etc etc

CasaEd

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Passat TDi B4, VW Passat TDi B4 GL, VW Passat B3 PD AWX Conversion
Swapped out a ALH engine on a 99 Golf MK4, pretty straight forward as it had the 121 pin Ecu, so just had to swap the ECU and engine harness over. Also changed from 5 to 6spd at the same time, easiest conversion I've done to date :D

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
No they are not asv is ve 110 hp and ARL is pd150 a much much stronger engine different rods different crank different head and cam etc etc
Sorry, made a typo. ASZ is pd130 Bhp and is a detuned pd150 engine and identical to the ARL engine from a mechanically point of view !