• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

Scams going around

Tdikid31

TDI
2001 vw jetta alh tdi/2015 vw jetta sel tdi
Jore77 messaged me about a post I made looking for vw caps. He told me about a guy that had a set and said he was good to go. I was dumb and used cash app [emoji2357] an lord behold I got scammed. Just passing the info on so no one else gets it. This member now has me blocked from messaging him.

The email I received to the "guy with caps" is tbhard77@gmail.com.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS Sedan Platinum Gray
Wow, I had posted on Vortex looking for the Hella fog kit for my MK4 Jetta and I got forwarded to the same user and email address. I actually posted in another thread here on TDIClub a few days ago asking if fraud on Vortex was common these days because the photo of his item he sent me was one I had seen in other forum searches, and someone replied with this:

"If the PM’s refer you to another person, be cautious.

If the PM is from a new member, be cautious. Especially, if they don’t have lots of activity in the Classifieds."

Tdikid31

TDI
Wow, I had posted on Vortex looking for the Hella fog kit for my MK4 Jetta and I got forwarded to the same user and email address. I actually posted in another thread here on TDIClub a few days ago asking if fraud on Vortex was common these days because the photo of his item he sent me was one I had seen in other forum searches, and someone replied with this:

"If the PM’s refer you to another person, be cautious.

If the PM is from a new member, be cautious. Especially, if they don’t have lots of activity in the Classifieds."
Yah lesson learned

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
I was looking for a new wheel a few months back (still looking, but that's another story) and a scammer claimed he had one. Wanted me to send $$. I asked him for his paypal, and he claimed there was a problem with his paypal account. Wanted me to send cryptocurrency. I quit responding. It was a new user, and probably just trying to scam anywhere they can.

I've also had scammers wanting to steal stuff I have for sale on craigslist. They claim they'll send you a cashier's check and have their "shipper" pick up the item. I tell them to FedEx cash and they never respond.

So yup, scammers are out in force. Be wary! Face to face transactions and in cash are the best way to go, IMO.

Cheers and stay safe out there, in every way!

PH

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Did you let BK know?

If ANYONE receives a PM/email from a TDIClub member shilling anything and they are NOT a registered vendor, please forward the PM/emails to me. To report spam, trolling, or any problem post, click the report post icon. (The icon in the actual problem post, not the one in my sig. The idiots know who they are... )

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
an ALH M-TDI in a MK2, a 2000 Jetta, 2003 wagon
Someone is doing the same thing on the Allis Chalmers forum too.
Suggesting a seller,.. who then rips you off.

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
That's a different email address than the one I received, but the "you can thank me later" seems to be their calling card.

abarth4

TDI
Jetta Wagon
Yup. I just posted a WTB on VW Vortex and got 2 responses from different parties that follow the above described pattern. "You can thank me later" was a direct quote in one of them. Scammers are everywhere it seems. It's a shame for those of us that want to do legitimate transactions.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
At least the scammers have gotten away from ending the post with "God Bless" I used to always see on their emails.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Reported this thread so he can break out the ban hammer. He's been polishing it recently...

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
I just got a PM from a newbie related to my WTB post in this forum for MK4 Jetta Lexan headlight covers. If this isn't a scam, I'd be shocked:

"Have you checked with Shasta in 30349 via shasta35555@gmail.com,he has a MK4 Jetta Lexan Headlight Covers he wants to part with.Cheers mate and stay safe"

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
Got the same sort of response to a WTB I just posted on vwvortex. An account with three posts referred me to a third party. I like to think I am clever, but I am glad I saw this thread earlier and that it raised my suspicions.

musky48

TDI
2011 Golf TDI. 2003 Jetta TDI
jjack72

TDI(s): 2014 Volkswagen Jetta

ECM 2002
Have you checked with Shasta in 30349 via shasta35555 @gmail.com,he has a ECM 2002 he wants to part with.Cheers mate and stay safe

Just got this message. Id say another scam attempt.

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
I don't know if this thread is making me paranoid, but now I am skeptical of any "newbie" responding to a WTB thread. For example, there's one for a Bosal hitch and the most recent comment today is from a new user with a single comment. Also fraud?:

"If you're still looking, I have a used one (like new condition) for sale. I'm located in San Francisco Bay Area. PM me for more info if interested."

Tdikid31

TDI
If anything, use PayPal goods and services so you will be covered incase anything goes south.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Yup, I got one too... Jjack72 from San Jose CA said that Shasta had what I needed... No thanks!

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Every single one of these PM's need to have their user name reported to BKmetz. He weilds the bam hammer quite nicely. This thread serves the TDI Forum Community very little if the member ISN'T banned immediately.

Mozambiquer

TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I hit the report button on the ones I got.

dtrvler

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
Escrow.com solves most problems buying and selling online

Ck this (from escrow.com) out:

We know buying and selling goods to anonymous people on the Internet can be an unsettling experience - especially when it comes to expensive items.
From computer hardware to luxury goods, you can safely and easily buy and sell merchandise all over the world with the protection of Escrow.com's 5-step payment service.

Learn More About How Escrow Works

Start Your General Merchandise Escrow

The benefits of General Merchandise escrow with us

Both Buyers and Sellers benefit from using Escrow.com as a neutral third party to monitor and transact the exchange of payment and merchandise.

Peace of mind for Sellers

The Buyer sends the agreed upon payment to Escrow.com and then we alert the Seller to send the merchandise to the Buyer. Protected from fraudulent checks and money order scams, the Seller has peace of mind knowing funds are behind the Escrow.com shield. Escrow.com tracks the merchandise to confirm when it has been received by the Buyer and starts the inspection period.

Confidence for Buyers

We do not release the money to the Seller until the merchandise has been received and approved by the Buyer. This provides online buyers the same security that off-line buyers have.

dynamic

TDI
'03 MKIV
Google "reverse image search" can be very useful if a private seller has image(s) of what they're selling. You can upload an image from your hard drive, or copy an image url (example.com/picture1.jpg) from the web and paste it into the reverse image search box.

If identical images are (or aren't) returned in the search results, then that can give a better ability to make a judgment regarding the origin of the picture(s).

Google Images:
https://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en

Problypropylene

TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon TDI 5-speed manual, '03 Jetta Wagon TDI auto
I'm pretty sure I got scammed on here recently. User "Allan walker" sent me a PM about a "timing belt tools wanted" post I made.

I got his phone # and asked for an image of the tools which he sent. I google image searched and didn't see the same photo, so seemed legit.

His phone# is 1 701 402 6723.

He asked me to pay with cashapp to the account $majeck211 who is listed as "Crystal Koonts"

That was a few days ago. Item has not been shipped and now he is telling me he "spent the money on his grand pa's hospital bill" and doesn't have the money to ship the tools but promises it will be sent out next week. It all seems scammy and I'm pretty sure my $120 is gone.

If he does ship the tools to me I'll update this post. I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who might be getting messages from him.

Last edited:

Mozambiquer

TDI
I'm pretty sure I got scammed on here recently. User "Allan walker" sent me a PM abouta "timing belt tools wanted" post I made.

I got his phone # and asked for an image of the tools which he sent. I google image searched and didn't see the same photo, so seemed legit.

He asked me to pay with cashapp to the account $majeck211 who is listed as "Crystal Koonts"

That was a few days ago. Item has not been shipped and now he is telling me he "spent the money on his grand pa's hospital bill" and doesn't have the money to ship the tools but promises it will be sent out next week. It all seems scammy and I'm pretty sure my $120 is gone.

If he does ship the tools to me I'll update this post. I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who might be getting messages from him.
Biggest thing to check is to see if they have any posts. That guy has made no posts but when I looked on his profile, he was messaging someone. Probably trying to scam somebody else.

Tdikid31

TDI
I'm pretty sure I got scammed on here recently. User "Allan walker" sent me a PM abouta "timing belt tools wanted" post I made.

Never use cash app either man. I never got my money back....