Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Stock Tune

Votes: 18 29.5%

• Total voters

Anonymous911

Veteran Member
TDI
'16 DBP GTI SE 6MT PP/LP
For those with Malone Tune or other tune (Revo, APR, or GIAC)

Hello all! TGIF!
I want to see how many MK6 TDI are running with Malone/other Tune or Not.
I myself have Malone Stage 2 Tune with DPF Intacted and Intake Flapper Delete since Middle June, and it's been running flawlessly!
I want to see if anyone with Malone/Other Tune with DPF Intacted ran into issues or with DPF delete ran into issues.
I made a poll. Also Post if you have ran into issues with the tune and how many miles you have the tune on your car too.

Last edited:

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)
No real problems so far. Only thing I can think of is I will occasionally hear a clunk from my sub frame on hard acceleration or a quick turn. I tried tightening all the bolts, but it didn't go away. Could be the dog bone, but I haven't had the time to look into it yet.

~17,000 miles on the stage 1.5 tune (I got it in April 2014 from Diesel Dubs)

Badkoz

TDI
2014 Golf TDI Mk6
Got my 2014 the Malone Stage 1.5 done when I had 600 miles on the odometer. I'm at 19,000 miles now and I have loved every one of them. Love the power, smooth acceleration, and I still have an average of 38.89 MPG after 38 fuel ups.

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
I have the stage 2 tune with the DSG tune also (have to have the dsg if you want to run any tune) Just love it, this is the way the car should of come

Anonymous911

Veteran Member
TDI
'16 DBP GTI SE 6MT PP/LP
I have the stage 2 tune with the DSG tune also (have to have the dsg if you want to run any tune) Just love it, this is the way the car should of come

You have stage 2 with dpf intacted? Any issues with DPF Regens?

TOPH R

Veteran Member
TDI
Stupid GMC 2500HD non diesel :(
I've got the stage 2, dsg tune, dpf is still there. Regens piss me off constantly, so if I decide the keep the 09 over my 06 wagon, the dpf will end up in the river.
As well as all the other problems associated with the dpf.

Anonymous911

Veteran Member
TDI
'16 DBP GTI SE 6MT PP/LP
I've got the stage 2, dsg tune, dpf is still there. Regens piss me off constantly, so if I decide the keep the 09 over my 06 wagon, the dpf will end up in the river.
As well as all the other problems associated with the dpf.

DPF constantly doing the regen how many times?

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
You have stage 2 with dpf intacted? Any issues with DPF Regens?
nope not at all does a regen just fine. I have a scangauge II installed that I can monitor my egt and it's the same as before I had the tune done. goes to 1400 degrees or so and does it's thing and goes on from there :)

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Malone 1.5, dsg tune, Intact dpf. Had installed at 16k and car passed 47k last week. 31k since tune and no issues at all. Love the tune :)

WalkingDrunken

Veteran Member
TDI
NONE
Had Malone 1.5 with dpf and flapper removal for 3,000 miles, zero issues. Jumped to Malone Stage 3, 1 issue. So much torque my dualmass flywheel vibrate. no reliability issues at all.

Slurry Pumper

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan
Not a VI version actually (2010 model sedan) with stage 2 and dpf and egr delete with 3" pipe to muffler. Runs awesome . Did have a mysterious exhaust gas sensor fail the very day I received my car back from whacking a deer, but since replacing that, it has been flawless for 10K.

Reubine

TDI
'02 Jetta TDI, 5 Speed
I've had the stage 2 Eco tune with DPF entact for about 3k miles and the car ran flawlessly. Just deleted the dpf this past weekend, and what a pain it is to get the DPF out! The car defiantly has a rumble to it now that it's straight all the way back.

roadlust

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf gl reflex silver (sold) 2013 TDI 2 door Golf Blue Graphite Metallic 6MT Premium Package.
I've had the stage 2 Eco tune with DPF entact for about 3k miles and the car ran flawlessly. Just deleted the dpf this past weekend, and what a pain it is to get the DPF out! The car defiantly has a rumble to it now that it's straight all the way back.
Do you notice an increase in power with the free flowing exhaust?

So there is no need to re-tune with the DPF delete?

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)

Reubine

TDI
'02 Jetta TDI, 5 Speed
Do you notice an increase in power with the free flowing exhaust?

So there is no need to re-tune with the DPF delete?

--For the most part i did feel an increase in power especially on the low end. I had Mark tune it for the delete and just never got around to it until last weekend. So really no it shouldn't need to be tuned.

EvilEvo

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4dr W/Tech Package
--For the most part i did feel an increase in power especially on the low end. I had Mark tune it for the delete and just never got around to it until last weekend. So really no it shouldn't need to be tuned.
If you have stage 2 with DPF intact and you then remove the DPF, yes it will need to be retuned for removing the DPF. The retune is so it doesn't throw codes with it removed and also to turn off the regens.

roadlust

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf gl reflex silver (sold) 2013 TDI 2 door Golf Blue Graphite Metallic 6MT Premium Package.
If you have stage 2 with DPF intact and you then remove the DPF, yes it will need to be retuned for removing the DPF. The retune is so it doesn't throw codes with it removed and also to turn off the regens.
I couldn't imagine that it would not have to be re-tuned but after reading his post I questioned myself.

As he states in response to my question he says he had the stage 2 tune done with the delete so in his case no re-tune was needed.

fuzzybandito

TDI
2011 jsw 6mt
I have the 1.5 tune with DPF intact. I had it tuned with less than 8k on the clock, and i'm closing in on 70k now. No issues at all! Love the extra grunt in the lower end and the improved throttle response.

skromfols

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 Jaguar XE TDI, 2014 Sportwagen TDI
I have the 14 JSW with the 6 sp manual and will be getting the Malone 1.5 this weekend. I really wanted the 2.0, but was advised to stick with the 1.5 because there are fewer possible problems. I don't run the car hard, but do occasionally tow a small trailer up in the mountains (with my ATV or my motorcycles) which is why I have the manual transmission. And as an aside, the 6 sp is a blast to drive, especially up in the mountains where using the transmission on inclines and tight turns is so much more enjoyable than letting an automatic shift for you.

mikec944

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf w/Tech
Can anyone add to why they went with a 1.5 instead of a 2.0? For such a minimal amount of money more, why not go for a little more power?

Thinking about the 2.0 myself but there seems to be a fair amount that have opted for 1.5 instead.