How silly IS VW really...

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
So the dealers have lots of cars that they need to sell. New ones. Never sold. And now I get wind that they will delay fixing them so current customers can get their cars fixed.. Wanna bet this is another BS EPA thing to discourage new car sales of new diesels?

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
So VW has, for the time being, a limited quantity of the necessary parts. Where should they be used? To take care of the customers who have been waiting for a year or more for the fix? Or to let them sell more new cars?

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
The EPA's priority is fixing cars that are on the road first. Those cars are emitting something. An unfixed but unsold car isn't emitting anything. This isn't a VW decision. This is a "thou shalt".

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
To fix the NOS 2015 there are not parts to be ordered installed, just garage time with a tech and an ECU programmer.

If this dealer doesn't want to sell a car cause of the service shop is busy, time to move to another dealer. The amount the sales department can make off of a NOS '15 is prob double what the service department makes when fixing cars.

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White
To fix the NOS 2015 there are not parts to be ordered installed, just garage time with a tech and an ECU programmer.
Not true. There was a back order on fuel filters and batteries.

surfstar

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf & Passat - sold | 2016 GSW TSI
OP is wanting to buy NOS 2014s, not '15s.

Definitely a shortage of those parts. I think you could buy a '15 with the lease discount for less than one of these 14s, though. There was another thread that mentioned a dealer in FL with multiple GSW 15s, NOS, which would have the VW lease discount of $8500 available still.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
@Peterdaniel EPA troll. Got six to play along this time. Next time maybe three?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
@Peterdaniel EPA troll. Got six to play along this time. Next time maybe three?
Hmmm. peterdaniel, member since 2008 an epa troll? And you've been a member for seven months

surfstar

Veteran Member
TDI
peterdaniel is an EPA/CARB conspiracy theorist, is the more correct term to use

drsven

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6-Speed
Seems reasonable that VW would prioritize current owner vehicles with eligible open claims. Just curious, how many new 2014s are actually available?

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Peter's just very impatient. He really, really wants to buy an unsold 2014 model Gen 1 JSW...

Simmer down, Peter. :p

surfstar

Veteran Member
TDI
Last edited:

drsven

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6-Speed
Not as bad as I was expecting to see. This may be a good opportunity for some to cash out and upgrade from their older model.

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
Seems reasonable that VW would prioritize current owner vehicles with eligible open claims. Just curious, how many new 2014s are actually available?

At fairfield they have a couple of black 2014 Jetta sedans and 1 Beetle convertible

Seaside has 11 with 4 sportwagens and a mix of other 2014's

Seaside sees Gold by the seashore. They think they have Gold.

Frontier was negotiable

Frontier didnt even know they had them... I had to FORCE them to look :rolleyes:

And insofar as rebates for the unsold ones, there isnt any yet... and Im worried there might not be.

r_boyd

TDI
2012 vw passat tdise sunroof and nav
I had update done on my 2012passattdi we sun/navi found my letter dated may 18 when arrived back from traveling had fix done definite decrease and power added performance chip off eBay for 60 dollars had wanted Malone stage 2 and dsg flash but insufficient funds mileage down but fun factor 200% improvement

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Not true. There was a back order on fuel filters and batteries.
Correct there was a a back order, back in april/may when 12,000 cars were up or replacements, the number of NOS 15 that haven't been fixed that need parts have to be well under the supply of filters/batteries, VW can't fix a supply issue of maintenance items in 3 months?