WNC, WSC, Eastern TN members?

WestVa304

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2005 TDI Jetta Wagon, 2004 Passa Tdi 5spd
Count me in! As long as it's not the first weekend of October.
I currently live in downtown Asheville and do a good bit of wrenching...

I spend a lot of time out Fontana Lake during the summer and love to camp in the mountains anytime of year. There is a big campground out that way that empties out at the end of summer and would be a good central location to Joyce Kilmer, the tail, and for the regional folks. Let me look them up and get the info to see what y'all think of it.

sccaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
96TDI Passat, 1.6 81d caddy, 86d golf, 82d rabbit, 81ALH caddy, 82 Westy
I'm down in Darlington area, The memorial forest or any area up near Asheville would be fun, on the Blueridge parkway too. Especially when the leaves start to turn.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Any ideas, or thoughts?
I'm going to be a bit busy as I have a new job to start soon.

I really wanted, and need, for this to be a collective process. Communal decisions will make this happen.

One idea is to camp in the Smoky Mountain National Park at $15-$20 a night depending on the campground.
We could also choose another, or multiple, location/s.

The leaves are falling and Autumn is beginning.

RunTheRace

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI MkIV (A4 chassis) w/ALH Engine
I'm just off of I-40 in Davie County, NC ... between Statesville and Winston-Salem. I work in Greensboro.

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
I'll keep checking this forum section but I'm down for a GTG. I live just above Charlotte NC. Do any of you guys go to the Cars And Coffee meetings the first weekend of each month?

RunTheRace

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI MkIV (A4 chassis) w/ALH Engine
I'm searching for a technician in my area who can assist with an electrical issue. I live in Davie County, NC, and work in Greensboro, NC. I can deliver the car anywhere within one hour's drive from I-40 (along the strip of interstate between Statesville and Greensboro). I'm not looking for FREE help, but for costs less than what the VW dealer would charge me.

Stromaluski

Veteran Member
TDI
'67 Deluxe Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '10 Cup Edition
I'll keep checking this forum section but I'm down for a GTG. I live just above Charlotte NC. Do any of you guys go to the Cars And Coffee meetings the first weekend of each month?
Every once in a while, I make it up to the Charlotte cars and coffee. The cars and coffee down here in Greenville is the 4th saturday of every month. I make probably 80% of them.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I'm in Charlotte too and always looking for distractions. I'd be up for a trip to the hills, if given enough time to plan. We've been busy the last two months working on the yard, so no free weekends.