Those of you stuck on step #15 since October....

Stumiester

TDI
98 Jetta- (sold it) 2010 Jetta Sportwagon
"offer letter came 12/6"

My question for you is Did the offer letter arrive in the mail (hardcopy) or email? and if in hardcopy mail did you also get a notice in email ?

jtitocci

TDI
2013 Jetta TDi
I've been "approved" Since 10/15.

Did a chat this morning with VW people and got a lot of the same generic answers everyone else has received. I did mention "It's been nearly 30 business days, clearly something must be wrong with my claim, or there is an issue on my end" and the woman stated "I can assure you if there were any problems with your claim, someone would notify you by e-mail and I would also be able to see it on my end. The delay is because of the high volume of claims and offers there are to process."

Nothing new here, just sucks they are not completing these in order of receipt. Ah-well.

Stumiester

TDI
98 Jetta- (sold it) 2010 Jetta Sportwagon
I called. got through, and my offer letter has not been sent yet. no date when to expect it. she says it comes in email.
so the wait continues.

vestal

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
thanks for the updates and phone calls to VW everyone. my documents were approved 01Nov and if it wasn't for this forum I would have no idea what the heck is going on. I feel silly now for thinking my buyback would be done by Nov.

SoSoTDI

TDI
2013 A3 TDI Ti
I called the claims hotline today just to inquire on the status, thinking I'd get nothing. The woman I talked to sounded tired, but friendly. My documents were accepted on 10/28 and I've been stuck on step 15 for a while. The woman said my documents had been approved by VW and the auditor on 11/5 and that I should've already received an offer letter. She was puzzled by the fact I hadn't. At any rate, she escalated it to her "supervisor" and said they'll call me back. I'm sure this is standard operating procedure. But interesting that the docs were approved but it's not showing up on the claims site.
I got the same bs! It's now been 4 business days and still no response from this said "manager"! This whole process has completely stripped my loyalty from Audi/ VW as a brand. I will probably never buy a car from them or recommend one to any of my friends.

r_jojola

TDI
2014 Passat SE TDi
I got the same bs! It's now been 4 business days and still no response from this said "manager"! This whole process has completely stripped my loyalty from Audi/ VW as a brand. I will probably never buy a car from them or recommend one to any of my friends.
If it makes you feel any better ive been told by 3 different agents that a "manager" was going to call me back within 2-3 business days........not one phone call. I was contemplating buying a VW, but this whole process has made my mind for me. Suck it VW, ill take my money else where. This was the perfect opportunity for VW to handle this mess correctly and get a lot people back into VW. But they once again have demonstrated just how bad their customer service is.

ratherman

TDI
2012 JSW (totaled), 2013 JSW
If it makes you feel any better ive been told by 3 different agents that a "manager" was going to call me back within 2-3 business days........not one phone call. I was contemplating buying a VW, but this whole process has made my mind for me. Suck it VW, ill take my money else where. This was the perfect opportunity for VW to handle this mess correctly and get a lot people back into VW. But they once again have demonstrated just how bad their customer service is.
EXACTLY!!

There will not be a VW, Audi, Porsche, etc. in our future (except the 914-6 that I already own) - it has nothing to do with the 'cheat', but all to do with how this was handled.

John R.

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
Green checkmarks and step 15 for aaaages now.
Oct 26 2016: Signed up on portal
Oct 27 2016: Completed "necessary steps" to start the process (uploaded initial docs)
Nov 08 2016: "We have reviewed the documents you submitted" and gave you green checkmarks to stare at for 10 business days. Wait, no, we meant 20. Er, actually, did we give you a time frame? No, j/k.

Fahrvergnügen?
More like Far From Movin'.

-T.

MellyWelly

TDI
13' PASSAT SEL TDI
UPDATE#2 3:40PM est on 12/7
I just got my email saying I can go schedule my buyback appt!!!!!!!!!
I submitted notarized docs yesterday 12/6 at 9:15AM and at 3:15 today (12/7) I got the email to go schedule my appt. I am beyond excited, actually a little teary eyed - that is going to be finally over for me. I'm going to take pics of all appointments/pages available in the hopes it might help others...stay tuned.

hogrider08

TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI
Submitted docs on 10/10/16, Docs excepted 10/31/16. Going on 25 business days since last action. Waiting for my offer. I just love making double car payments. Afraid to drive the Passat in case of an accident where the car gets totaled. Totaled car would equal 0 settlement money. Anyone with a loan on their car get an offer yet?

bedlamfirm513

TDI
13 Passat SE TDI
@MellyWelly

[/QUOTE]UPDATE#2 3:40PM est on 12/7
I just got my email saying I can go schedule my buyback appt!!!!!!!!!
I submitted notarized docs yesterday 12/6 at 9:15AM and at 3:15 today (12/7) I got the email to go schedule my appt. I am beyond excited, actually a little teary eyed - that is going to be finally over for me. I'm going to take pics of all appointments/pages available in the hopes it might help others...stay tuned.[/QUOTE]

Have you scheduled your buyback appointment? I am in Ohio as well- Cincy. i was beginning to feel that nobody in Ohio has got further than step 15.

bedlamfirm513

TDI
13 Passat SE TDI
well i emailed the steering committee as well as recommended by mellywelly.

I am so frustrated at this point...we just want to move on.

We shall see. I can certainly say after owning/leasing 5 other VW's. This likely will be the last.

fookin

Veteran Member
TDI
A3
My frustrating chat transcript... I submitted docs Oct 21.

User @ 12/7/16 1:10 PM :

==> .com

==> address

Naeisha @ 12/7/16 1:12 PM :

==> Thank you for verifying that information, I do see that VW have verified your documents 11/21/2016, currently they are under review with our third party auditors. Due to extreme high volume of requests, some claims have gone beyond the original expected timeframe. We are making every effort to address the claims as quickly as possible. Once the third party auditors review your documents your final offer will be generated to your email.

User @ 12/7/16 1:12 PM :

==> What is the date that will occur?

Naeisha @ 12/7/16 1:13 PM :

==> There is no specific date, some consumers are experiencing additional delays of approximately 2-3 weeks in the processing of their claims. We are making every effort to address the claims as quickly as possible

User @ 12/7/16 1:13 PM :

==> What is the date?

==> You're leaving this open ended

User @ 12/7/16 1:14 PM :

==> what does soon as possible mean? That could be 2018

==> Doesn't the settlement require you to provide a date

Naeisha @ 12/7/16 1:14 PM :

==> I do apologize but we do not have a specific date only the approximate timeframe.

User @ 12/7/16 1:15 PM :

==> so what is my approx timeframe? Mine. Not others.

Naeisha @ 12/7/16 1:16 PM :

==> That's the standard approximate timeframe.

User @ 12/7/16 1:16 PM :

==> If I owed you money would you be satisfied with "I'll give it to you soon"?

User @ 12/7/16 1:17 PM :

==> What date? You said 2 3 weeks. Is that from 2018? Stop being elusive. I want a date.

User @ 12/7/16 1:18 PM :

==> Hello? Date please. You mentioned 2-3 weeks... What date is that starting?

Naeisha @ 12/7/16 1:18 PM :

==> Please note this is a class action settlement, It takes time. There is a process set in stone that we have to abide by. As stated some consumers are experiencing additional delays of approximately 2-3 weeks in the processing of their claims. There are no set dates due to you scheduling your own appointment once you get to the scheduling process, based on the availability of your preferred dealership.

User @ 12/7/16 1:19 PM :

==> I'm asking for a date that I would receive an offer, not an appointment. I'm at step 15, doc review

LaurenceS

TDI
2015 Jetta SEL
Bricks.......

If I could throw a brick over the interwebnetz at the "C" levels of VWGoA at this point, I would. It really is a shame that public execution by "Draw & Quarter" is illegal in this country.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
My frustrating chat transcript... I submitted docs Oct 21.

==> .com

==> address

Naeisha @ 12/7/16 1:12 PM :

==> Thank you for verifying that information, I do see that VW have verified your documents 11/21/2016, currently they are under review with our third party auditors. Due to extreme high volume of requests, some claims have gone beyond the original expected timeframe. We are making every effort to address the claims as quickly as possible. Once the third party auditors review your documents your final offer will be generated to your email.

User @ 12/7/16 1:12 PM :

==> What is the date that will occur?

Naeisha @ 12/7/16 1:13 PM :

==> There is no specific date, some consumers are experiencing additional delays of approximately 2-3 weeks in the processing of their claims. We are making every effort to address the claims as quickly as possible

==> What is the date?

==> You're leaving this open ended

==> what does soon as possible mean? That could be 2018

==> Doesn't the settlement require you to provide a date

Naeisha @ 12/7/16 1:14 PM :

==> I do apologize but we do not have a specific date only the approximate timeframe.

User @ 12/7/16 1:15 PM :

==> so what is my approx timeframe? Mine. Not others.

Naeisha @ 12/7/16 1:16 PM :

==> That's the standard approximate timeframe.

User @ 12/7/16 1:16 PM :

==> If I owed you money would you be satisfied with "I'll give it to you soon"?

User @ 12/7/16 1:17 PM :

==> What date? You said 2 3 weeks. Is that from 2018? Stop being elusive. I want a date.

User @ 12/7/16 1:18 PM :

==> Hello? Date please. You mentioned 2-3 weeks... What date is that starting?

Naeisha @ 12/7/16 1:18 PM :

==> Please note this is a class action settlement, It takes time. There is a process set in stone that we have to abide by. As stated some consumers are experiencing additional delays of approximately 2-3 weeks in the processing of their claims. There are no set dates due to you scheduling your own appointment once you get to the scheduling process, based on the availability of your preferred dealership.

User @ 12/7/16 1:19 PM :

==> I'm asking for a date that I would receive an offer, not an appointment. I'm at step 15, doc review
You seem to be badgering her. They don't know anymore than you do and they aren't VW employees. Really you are being a jerk.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
I'm in your boat so I understand your frustration, but harassing a customer service rep isn't going to help anything. Expecting her to have anything specific is a reach. I doubt pushing her around like that made you feel any better. Patience and civility are your friends while waiting.

MellyWelly

TDI
13' PASSAT SEL TDI
Buyback Appointment Booked! It just so happens that the closest dealer to me had the earliest appt - BONUS! I searched 10 different dealers within a 100 mile radius and the appt I got on 12/19 at 1:30 PM was the earliest.

fookin

Veteran Member
TDI
A3
You seem to be badgering her. They don't know anymore than you do and they aren't VW employees. Really you are being a jerk.
No, you're just squeamish consumer. They should be able to provide everyone with a date. I don't expect it to come from the phone operators but from managers above. It wasn't personal with her, it was purely business. She should take my conversation and bring it to her management so that she is not set up for failure as a customer service rep.

bedlamfirm513

TDI
13 Passat SE TDI
Wow...i got a quick response from the email i sent early as mellywelly stated. And as such, it was the same response posted by another member from Cameron S. I just want to move on.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
No, you're just squeamish consumer. They should be able to provide everyone with a date. I don't expect it to come from the phone operators but from managers above. It wasn't personal with her, it was purely business. She should take my conversation and bring it to her management so that she is not set up for failure as a customer service rep.
She can't provide you a date. Her supervisor can't provide you with a date. You got your answer yet you continued to keep badgering her. Your complaint is with VW upper management not some temp worker from another company.

MacBookemDanno

TDI
'13 Jetta Sportwagen TDI DSG
Sent an email to the attorney yesterday morning and got a canned message response. Got my offer letter this morning :)

chasingleprechauns

TDI
2014 Passat, 2014 Jetta
Got my notarized docs uploaded (we got notice yesterday, but just got the chance for hubby and I to be in front of the notary together this morning). We had been stuck on 15 since 10/25 with this one. We shall see how long it takes, but if Melly's success is any indication, I might see something tomorrow (not holding my breath). Other TDI scheduled for turn-in on 12/22. It's almost over ..........

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Not sure if this gives you any relief, but our dates were almost exactly the same. I uploaded docs on Oct 15, and approved on Oct 25, and I got the offer on my husband's Jetta this morning. I was beyond frustrated because the docs for my Passat were uploaded and approved on the same dates, and I got an offer on Nov 22 for that one. So at least not all docs approved in that Oct 20-30 timeframe were completely lost! I wish you luck!
Time is $$$$s ~~ in the real world

Judge should have made previsions for relief back to owners ~~ say $5 - $10 per day on the delays

Rmanrulz

TDI
2012 Jetta
This what I got from Cameron yesterday. Docs were submitted 9/20 approved on 10/27. Crickets since.
I’m writing in response to your inquiry to the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee and I’m with the Court-appointed lead counsel representing the plaintiffs in

this litigation.

I’d be happy to try to help you and check the status of your claim with VW. Volkswagen tells us that a backlog in processing final offers has developed: they

are able to verify complete document submissions quickly, but verifying payoff information for vehicles with outstanding loans is slowing the entire final offer process down somewhat. Combined with the sheer volume of claims, they are running a few business

days behind, but they are working through the backlog and offers are going out. They have reviewed over 325,000 document submissions to date, and as of December 6th, 90,000 offers had gone out, with more going out every day as payoff information is verified.

Please know that we are working to ensure that claims processing occurs as efficiently as possible. As you may know, the Court is overseeing this settlement,

and has asked the claims processors to do everything they can to expeditiously implement the settlement terms. We are in regular contact with the Claims Supervisor and have proposed improvements that are being implemented. Staffing continues to increase,

and systems are being improved. The Court has also requested class members to exercise patience at this time while the claims process is in its early days.

I will see if I can try to find out what is the status of your claim and get back to you when I find anything out from VW.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
According to the spreadsheet a healthy percentage of us form this late October bracket are in the same state of limbo. You and I are not alone, and the percentage with offers from our group is steadily increasing. I'm pretty sure there's no way to influence that with the PSC nor the claims line personnel. At this point, another week or so and they should be substantially complete with our bracket.

fucanay

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
I've been thinking about these delays for early people and this is what I think is going on.

They have to report back to the courts on how they are doing with processing these claims. They have to give them numbers with regards to how timely they have been. So if you are already drastically late, focusing on you isn't going to help them with their On Time percentage, only newer ones that are not late will. With every new claim that comes in, they have the opportunity to increase their percentage of timely claims. The earliest people were most likely the most angry ones to begin with, so they aren't as likely to fear loss of repeat business from those folks either.

I obviously have no proof of this, but it makes sense from a reporting standpoint.

Mark SF

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDi
Yesterday VW claims called me on my cellphone, and got my bank on the line at the same time, and verbally got a payoff quote. Apparently VW asked for a quote by fax on the 30th Nov, but for some reason it didn't come through.

It was good to see VW being pro-active about this kind of issue. I think that's all a lot of us who are in-wait needed to see, some sign that things are being moved forward in a pro-active manner.

beancounter

TDI
2014 Sportwagen 2013 Beetle Conv
I've been thinking about these delays for early people and this is what I think is going on.

They have to report back to the courts on how they are doing with processing these claims. They have to give them numbers with regards to how timely they have been. So if you are already drastically late, focusing on you isn't going to help them with their On Time percentage, only newer ones that are not late will. With every new claim that comes in, they have the opportunity to increase their percentage of timely claims. The earliest people were most likely the most angry ones to begin with, so they aren't as likely to fear loss of repeat business from those folks either.

I obviously have no proof of this, but it makes sense from a reporting standpoint.
I agree with this. I think currently the people like me 10/26, they have put on the back burner while they try to church up their stats. I finally got a call back from the class action counsel gave him my claim #. hopefully something comes of it.

r_jojola

TDI
2014 Passat SE TDi
She can't provide you a date. Her supervisor can't provide you with a date. You got your answer yet you continued to keep badgering her. Your complaint is with VW upper management not some temp worker from another company.
And this is why so many people are so frustrated and calling the claim center, because we want to speak with VW upper management about this and they should hear how frustrated customers are. Yet when you call the claim line and ask to speak to a supervisor....they say someone will call you back in 2-3 business days (which never happens). And when you ask to speak to who their supervisor supervisor is....they say there is no one to talk to. THIS IS WHY SO MANY ARE FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
... They have to give them numbers with regards to how timely they have been. So if you are already drastically late, focusing on you isn't going to help them with their On Time percentage, only newer ones that are not late will. With every new claim that comes in, they have the opportunity to increase their percentage of timely claims.
I suppose it's possible, but since we're making assumptions, I would assume that the various parties aren't just looking at a box checked "late," but at total days to achieve the particular milestones.

A move like this would be considered a rookie attempt at gaming the system, and VW would be easily caught and called on it.

So no, I highly doubt this is what's happening.

If you've been checking the spreadsheet, you'll notice the percent with offers increases regularly, and that a higher percentage of old submittals are further along in the process that newer submittals.

I buy the story that owners with titles are the fastest to process, and there's a significant logjam with obtaining payoff requests.

My credit union was very specific about what fax number the request should be sent to, and that the loan number should be notated on the request. The VW form didn't request either of these. Having to track this information down surely must be gumming up VW's process.