VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
My wife called in today to the number of the back of the card. She said the process to have the card reissued was all automated -- nobody to plead with or deny the request.
I'm not sure if we'll get dinged with the $5 fee.
I already talked to a VW dealer who said no problem to order tires for a non-VW that, according to VW's tire website, aren't a stock VW size. So that's probably where the $495 will go.
Hey now!

I wrote ^^that^^ towards the end of January. I'd given up on seeing that gift card re-issued.

Guess what showed up in the mail today (with an October expiration date)?

Last edited:

nole76

TDI
2013 DSG Sportwagen
If it is not too much trouble, could someone please post the customer service phone number that is on the back of the $500 dealer card?

DBXL

TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Lux
There are two numbers on the back of the card as follows:
800-798-4104 for balance inquiries or transaction history;
800-822-8987 for information regarding the Customer Goodwill Package.

nole76

TDI
2013 DSG Sportwagen
So, about a month or so ago I realized that my card was about to expire. I could either hot-foot down to VW and buy 10 or 12 cases of oil, or call to see if I could get it extended, with the $5 service fee. I decided to call and try for an extension, and the woman I spoke to assured me that that was not a problem. I waited for the card, it never came, I called today, and those pricks told me that the request for a new card had been "reviewed and denied". No phone call back to me to let me know this, of course. I am now waiting for the 24-48 hour callback from a supervisor.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
The moral of the story is, a dozen cases of oil in the hand is worth two empty promises of a new card on the other end of the phone line.

wfg97079

Veteran Member
TDI
for the first time in 17 years, none
After many calls arguing that they never sent the prosed replacement from back in February, I received my replacement card today. exp date is 11/17
Has 433.81 if anyone wants to buy it.
Otherwise I may try to order tires for my camry

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Tell me what you did. They're refusing to reissue me a card that never was activated because it's after the (because never received) expiration date.

They're argue is it never was returned to sender.

My argue is how can you confirm it was delivered? Just yesterday I got mail from another addressed based upon being switched.

3893 vs 3983....

Anyways, now I have to supposedly fill out a fraud claims, and want transactions listed that took place that were not authorized by me...makes no sense. Still $300 on it...

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

wfg97079

Veteran Member
TDI
for the first time in 17 years, none
well

The crux of their argument was that they, back in March when they told me they were sending me a new card, the person I spoke to was wrong because I had already been sent a replacement card and they have a strict "one replacement" care policy. I kept insisting that I had only ever had one card. Finally I asked when this replacement was issued and then said April 2016. When I insisted that was the initial card, they eventually confirmed that I was correct and sent the card. That sounds pretty straightforward, but it incolved several "a card will be delievered in 3-4 weeks" followed by me calling and saying I never received the card, only to be told I will hear from a manager within 24-48 hours, and then never hearing back. Repeat, repeat, over and over.

Tell me what you did. They're refusing to reissue me a card that never was activated because it's after the (because never received) expiration date.

They're argue is it never was returned to sender.

My argue is how can you confirm it was delivered? Just yesterday I got mail from another addressed based upon being switched.

3893 vs 3983....

Anyways, now I have to supposedly fill out a fraud claims, and want transactions listed that took place that were not authorized by me...makes no sense. Still $300 on it...

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

single94

TDI
2012 passat tdi
cards

i was sent a new card advised it would be good a year longer, went to use it and they said it expired, has anyone been able to get a replacement card for whatever reason recently expiring at a later date?

copperbeech

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI MT Sportwagon.
I was hasty and purchased a fuel filter for our TDI about 8 months ago using the VW VISA card. I have not used it and this TDI will be returned next month. I can ask the dealership but I am just wondering if you think the filter can be returned (if only for credit)?

Last edited:

giuseppe_b

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen SE 6MT
I have a related story to the re-issue of the card. I had one of these dealer only VISA cards that expired in January. I called in May to ask if they could re-issue it or extend it and they said that they could not because the goodwill program ended in April. Had I called before 4/30 they would have done it.
A month or so later I received one of these VISA use at dealer only cards again, and also a VISA debit card that VW issued me for something else. I figured the dealer only card was part of that, but it had an exp date of 10/17.
So, yesterday, I went to the dealer to purchase some splash guards for my GSW and figured that I had $300 to spend so I had them installed as well.
I had not activated the card yet, so I called to do so (forgot to do that BEFORE committing to the installation). After activating, the message said I had a balance of $64.55.
Well, I was thinking I had $300 on that card. So, I ended up having to pay for the majority of that work on on a credit card.
I called to ask about this, and the card company said that they know nothing other than they sent a card loaded with that amount on 5/30. So I called VW and they told me that they must have re-issued the card to me from the original goodwill program.
I did not think that would happen as they told me months ago that it was impossible to extend or reissue the card since the program had ended.

My dumb ass should have called to activate the bloody card ahead of time, I know...but looking back it is kind of funny. I was out of town for the first part of June and July, so I missed the mail with this card until much later. Hmmph.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Activation is key. I was declined using a credit card this weekend because I had not activated since April when I stuck it in my wallet.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
When I got these cards, I viewed them as found money and did not want to waste them. So, ASAP, I used the unrestricted VISA card to prepay one of my utility bills. The VW one, I used to buy tires for my other car.

Both went to zero balance very quickly.

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
When I got these cards, I viewed them as found money and did not want to waste them. So, ASAP, I used the unrestricted VISA card to prepay one of my utility bills. The VW one, I used to buy tires for my other car.

Both went to zero balance very quickly.
The best way to get rid of an unrestricted Visa card is an Amazon.com gift certificate. ;)