2016, January 30 GTG at DanG144's Chapin, SC

hooville

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, 2016 GTI, 2015 TDI Sportwagen S
My first GTG at Dan's, I had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones! Many thanks to Dan for hosting this event.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Jimbote,
As usual, you knew what to do.

The dirt bike's carb has no choke feature, and I always used starting fluid to start it.
Jimmy suggested tilting the bike on its side, to cause the fuel bowl to overflow and fuel enrichment. It worked like a charm.

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
Jimbote,

The dirt bike's carb has no choke feature, and I always used starting fluid to start it.
Jimmy suggested tilting the bike on its side, to cause the fuel bowl to overflow and fuel enrichment. It worked like a charm.
Hey, that's how I start the lawn mower!

Dan, great get together! Thanks for hosting. I had a slow start from the cold but Pete did a great job helping me get my hood to open and shut properly.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Mountain John,
Thanks for manning, and cleaning, the grills. My wife told me you cooked about 56 burgers, 16 hot dogs, and 30+ sausage dogs. That was above and beyond the call of duty.

We did end up cooking about 8 more burgers for "leftovers" at about 6 pm or so.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
Jimbote,

sweet !.... i wish we would have tried it while i was there, kinda wanted to test ride that little steed :).... was actually checking em' out on craigslist today :rolleyes: ....but, i need another toy like the swamp needs more skeeters ;)

Tman-61

TDI
2006 Jetta 5sp.
I'd like to add my own heartfelt thanks to Dan for hosting the great get together over the weekend. My personal thanks to Chuck, Gary, Bill and Dan for helping me with my brakeflush, tool loans and advice. Both my son and I are looking forward to next year.

GCBUG00

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
DanG144 Gary, our Cowboy Coffee maker and clutch guru was spotted on a Dodge website thread giving an excellent clutch how-to.

Dan,

That video, it can cure insomnia. But if you get really bored I did the installation on my Bug, video too. 1st time R&R on a VW, I even called out the "timing fingers" on the cover, little did I know. But I learned a bunch and really learned more from you guys. Like how Terry fine tunes IP timing with the wrench on his chin.

I'd rather be doing more campfire cooking. Dutch ovens and a 20" Lodge cast iron skillet a pancake making machine.

Winnsboro?

Gary

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
Dan, thanks for hosting. We were all doubly blessed to have great hosts and wonderful weather. I will try to find time to make it up there and bother you for more help. TBD if that day will actually come though. The farm is busier than ever! Come see us here on March 26th. All the cool kids are doing it! No pressure...

Brad, I THINK the leak is fixed. The problem is that some idiot mounted a huge skid plate right below it, effectively obscuring the whole area. Oh well. ;)

Thanks again to all who helped me patch up The Hindenburg. We may get a few more years out of her before she explodes.

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
Thanks for another great GTG

Dan,

Thanks for hosting another great GTG. Had a good time visiting with everyone.

Special thanks to Daniel and Landon on the Alternator pulley advice, and big thank you to Dan G for loaning the tools so I could get the job done.
Daniel, the car doesn't sound like a popcorn popper or rock grinder any longer. I was thinking that noise was the DMF (which is still inevitable) but it is very quiet now, and i believe it drives better.

Thanks to Pete for the advice on tracking down the back up light short, i will dig into that when we have good weather, hopefully next week.

As always learned some more and shortened my to do list a little, but always have more maint to do.

I got a good nights sleep at the hotel down the highway , and even got to do a 2 hour hike at Congaree National park before heading home last night.

D

dlm308rem

Thank you

Dan, and family.

Thanks for hosting another awesome GTG. Had a great time visiting with everyone, and of course the food hit the spot. Although I did not get a tune or wrench on Herbie, I had a great time working with Landon, Daniel, Dan, Terry, Houpty, Bill, Jim, and many others. It is always a pleasure working with these guys as I learn so much from them, thank you for accepting my silly/stupid questions and taking the time to explain the answers. PRICELESS.

Andrew and I have made arrangements to have a tune done a little later, then maybe Herbie will fly.

Until next time, keep the soot flowing out the TDI's.

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Dan, thank you and your family for hosting another awesome GTG. Mountain John did a great job on the grill.

Landon, thank you for the help on my rear brakes they are working out very nicely, Dan thanks for you help on them too.

It was great seeing everybody again, and meeting some new folks.

Wish I was in a position to by another car right now, it would've been Pete's Passat!

rzbill

TDI
2013 Sportwagon
Leicester....pronounced 'Lester" :D
I lived in Asheville for many years. Another GTG will be in Asheville in October as well...
Lester is right on. Got the license plate :D

Good news about AVL GTG.
Hope I still own the TDI JSW in Oct ..... :rolleyes:

uberdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Night Blue Golf TDI SEL
Hi BioJoe.

Thank you so much for this notification about what I hope will be a wonderful event. I apologize ahead of time that because of a prior commitment, I can not be there to appreciate your efforts.

I wish you all the best and hope to participate another time.