TDI Repair Services

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
Bruce can appreciate that I will pray foryour knee to heal !

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
The Dark Gray BEW Beetle followed me home. Great price. Runs like a scalded dog.

Today, it got the requisite TDIClub stickers, as well as the other customary stickers. UK emblem. New fuel cap with unbroken tether. Ventectomy. Got it ready to install ordered accessory mount for the phone.

Bad news. I found the old work orders for 5w30 oil, but it was 505.01 spec. Cam inspection is in my future.

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Bruce,

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Enjoy your new to you toy. the NB is a fun car to drive with the drivers position basically in the center of the car. and TONS of head room.

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Bruce,
Glad to hear you are on the mend. Enjoy your new to you toy. the NB is a fun car to drive with the drivers position basically in the center of the car. and TONS of head room.
Thanks. I walked unassisted today, although limping. Pretty good for 6 weeks post-surgery with all the problems I had. I think the end is in sight.

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
The total knee became septic 10 days after surgery. Emergency admit to hospital and lots of good exotic antibiotics. 2 days later, a different orthopedist removed everything installed, scrubbed all tissues, flushed all surgical areas with an antibiotic flush, sterilized the metal bit, and reinstalled everything with all new necessary plastic pieces.
That must have been terrible. Though, it seems that it pushed the doctors to fix everything properly. While it seems we've made hip replacements routine, knee replacements are still one of the hardest recoveries to go through. Keep up the PT, we'll keep you in our prayers.

Capture1

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Beetle Yellow
Bruce, so sorry to hear about your health issues. I have not been on the forum in quite sometime and just saw this thread. Thoughts and prayers for you.

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
I've been released by my surgeon. Other than strengthening my left leg, I've finished healing. Still on oral antibiotics for another 90 days "just in case" because of the sepsis.

It's official. I'm now a retired paramedic, forbidden from getting on an ambulance unless I want to keep replacing he knee. I've applied for disability retirement.

I'm able to do timing belts, just slowly. This will require dropping off the car and not waiting.

Routine service takes some time, especially with skid plates. Up and down from under car is a slow process.

I haven't tried suspensions or wheel bearings yet, as they required prolonged sitting on the ground. I've got to do the front struts and a wheel bearing on the bug, so I'll find out soon.

I'll post as I find out what I can or can't do. I have no help right now.

Holler if I can help you.

Bruce

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Glad to hear you are on the mend Bruce. keep us updated on your status if you can.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Known quite a few that have been threw the knee replacements. Good luck and glad to hear you are back on it.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
Good luck and take care Bruce. Hope you continue to heal. Hope some tdi's find themselves in your capable hands.

GTSLOW

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW & 04 Golf
Hope you're doing better sir! I have the timing belt kit for my 2004 Golf in hand now. If you're feeling up for it in the near future I wouldn't mind heading your way. I can help with the process or not.

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Hope you're doing better sir! I have the timing belt kit for my 2004 Golf in hand now. If you're feeling up for it in the near future I wouldn't mind heading your way. I can help with the process or not.
Anytime you're ready. Just e mail me to find a,day.

I've done a couple of solo timing belt. However, Eric's home for awhile. We can do the harder stuff.

Did I mention that I may be teaching school this fall? An offer fell out of the sky.... imagine that, me, molding young minds. :rolleyes:

Holler if I can help.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Considering that I learned a large portion of what I know about these cars from you just from sponging off of your wisdom imparted at GTGs, if someone is getting education from you at a regular organized interval I imagine you will be a great instructor.

Congratulations on the new adventure.

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Just a heads up. I’ve been having shoulder pain for a few months after hurting it more than a year ago at work. The partial rotator cuff tear is now a full tear. I’ll have it surgically repaired before the end of the year.

I’ve been rated permanently disabled, and had to retire from EMS after 43 years. I’m bored out of my mind......school job went to someone younger and cheaper to hire. Gotta find a part-time job after shoulder heals up.

Anyway, garage is closed for any significant work for until healthy. Always happy to scan for codes if you come by.

I’ve talked to surrounding gurus, and will be happy to refer anyone to them. The only uncovered area is central and western TN. I don’t know anyone there.

If anyone know a source for reconditioned/used low rise lifts, please let me know. I can’t afford a new one. I’d like one that lifts by the sills, like many tire places have.

Thanks, Bruce

Last edited:

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Bruce, great to see your post, hope you get to feeling better. Sure miss the old times when we had lots of GTG's, guess lots of people lost interest. Hopefully somebody will get an itch to have one again sometime. Take care buddy.